Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Everyone gets a free birth certificate when they are born, if you lost it then youre irresponsible. Tough shit if you have to jump through hoops to get another

- - - Updated - - -

And we DO need a more secure way of conducting absentee voting. Way to easy to vote fraudulently that way
    how typical unemphatic of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    We recounted and no evidence was found of tampering. Who cares? Democrats are still in denial that they lost not only the presidency but seats across the nation.
    Uh no they aren't. The only one still bitching about the election is Donnie.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I'd love to ask him why he couldn't find anything better to do with his time, but I don't want to have to shout and they only allow members out on the golf course.

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/862756706962591744

Probably already posted, but ACLU ain't fuckin around with this clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Personally I find it absurd that people in the USA can vote without IDs.
    Until there's easy access to free identification for all, that's going to be the case. As it stands, many of the states that have implemented voter ID laws have had them struck down because they don't have mechanisms in place to ensure easy, free access to identification for all, and they've usually been found to target low income/minority voters who historically vote Democrat.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    We do it in Washington. It works off the same registration as IDs would be checked against. Gets mailed at a rate of 1 per registered voter, so no fake address conspiracy. Then your signature is verified against the on the registration form. It even shows that absentee voters are more likely to vote Republican. If that is an accurate depiction of voting average and not showing the results of disenfranchised DNC claims ID causes, then GOP should gain votes.

There are no claims of millions of voter fraud in WA, is there? No claims of ISIS voting as the troops stationed in Iraq? Solution is there... it just doesn't have the political foundation.
    Yep, I live in Washington. I love voting by mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Personally I find it absurd that people in the USA can vote without IDs.
    The scrutiny is in the registration process. Not absurd at all.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    I'm still wondering why ID laws are a bad thing. Who doesn't carry some form of ID?
    because of racism of low expectations
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

The DMVs near me are all open every day except Sunday. Im sure they have at least one day off or they get off by 5. They are open till 6. Also a bus ride is only about $1.50 thanks to the siphoning of gas taxes meant to maintain the roads being given to mass transit to subsidize fares so people never have to actually pay what a bus ride actually costs
    Not all DMVs have the same hours. Not all areas have nearby DMVs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    It is called Law AB-60 All you need in California is a driver's license or a proof of residency like a water or electric bill and head on down in front of wal-mart and they will sign you up they do not check. just put a check in the box and thats it you can vote.
    You mean the law the grants them a driver's license that is not a federal ID?

"An AB 60 license is not a federal ID and cannot be used for certain federal purposes, such as entering restricted parts of federal buildings. It does not give anyone the right to work, vote, or receive any benefits that the person wasn’t already eligible for."
    https://www.ilrc.org/sites/default/f...60_4_27_15.pdf

If you truly see these booths out front of Walmart accepting these as federal ID then surely you've cared enough to call in and report this illegal activity?

The DMVs near me are all open every day except Sunday. Im sure they have at least one day off or they get off by 5. They are open till 6. Also a bus ride is only about $1.50 thanks to the siphoning of gas taxes meant to maintain the roads being given to mass transit to subsidize fares so people never have to actually pay what a bus ride actually costs
    I live in a town with about 4,500 spread pretty far out. A portion of our community is poor African-Americans or Hispanics. The nearest DMV is a 37 minute drive from the center of town and it is closed Sat, Sun and Mon.

Buses do not run from here to there. (Or at all).

I'm sure all the residents here, who don't drive, would love for you to volunteer to drive them so they can exercise their right next election.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-05-12 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Huh alright, I guess they should be free in the US then. Why arent they?

And yeah most stores require an id to buy energy drinks as they are informally age restricted for 15+
    They aren't free, because Republicans make them not free to go along with requiring the ID to vote.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Is this really a attempt to divert attention or simply get things done?

At this point people need to show evidence it is getting a bit tiring..
    Diversion. Plain and simple. The Russian investigation is ramping up and he is trying to do everything he can to distract from it.

The difference (and Trumps complaint about Obama) is that Obama used EOs to write legislation (Congress job), and Trump does not
    Thatls completely simply factual wrong, the power/rescritions of the EO hasn't change since Obama, and EOs could never write legislation

Well first off, along with requiring IDs to vote, Republicans have often closed DMVs in areas where Democrats usually vote. Like they did in Alabama. Not every area has buses to the DMV. Like my area, the nearest place to get a license or ID is 16 miles away, no cabs or buses go there.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the recent voter ID laws, provide for a no charge ID. You just have to go get one
    Actually no they don't. Someone in this VERY THREAD, showed that only 5 of the 50 states provide IDs for free. There are more than 5 states that have voter ID laws.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference (and Trumps complaint about Obama) is that Obama used EOs to write legislation (Congress job), and Trump does not
    No, he didn't. But hey, what do you expect from someone that keeps his head buried in his own ass?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    What i sited there is straight off the the web site to vote.
    I don't care about that part, I am saying you knew of 3 illegal aliens that voted illegally but won't provide your source for it, like you were there.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Looking into voter suppression too?

He's aware of how investigations into voter suppression have gone for the GOP so far...right?

I thought this was just going to be his attempt to find evidence of his hallucinated millions of illegal votes, but I guess in typical Trump fashion of course it ends up being dumber than that.
    You are right if you look at it from a bipartisan level. But odds are the team will be so heavily stacked with people that have Alex Jones on speed dial and will have him as the primary contributor for all their intel that it will show Trump easily won the popular vote by the time its over. Because we all know that's the primary reason we are doing this. It has nothing to do with the truth but merely an attempt to prove his ego is in the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Walking 3 steps outside the entrance to Disneyland and saying I cant see my car (since you parked 2 miles away), someone stole it, doesnt mean it was actually stolen.
    Checking every parking lot dozens and dozens of times, saying "I can't see my car" each time, does.

Every study into voter fraud has found none, or nearly none. All of them. To say it has not been studied is laughable. To say we don't know is willful ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    I don't understand how you can get by w/o identification in the US, here in Sweden you are regularly asked to show ID, whenever you buy alcohol, redbull, tobacco etc.

And an ID isn't free either. So I don't understand this argument.
    An ID that isn't free that is required to vote isn't constitutional in the US.

The republicans don't want a free national ID card because they've got a large enough segment of their voting bloc that views it as a government over reach.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Doubt there's voter fraud in the scales Trump is thinking, maybe like 100k fraudulent votes, but it's definitely not going to be 3-5 million. He has lost the popular vote, no matter how hard he tries to deny that loss, he's forever going to be the president that won because Comey gave him a push and the fact that there's an electoral system to begin with. With any other conditions he wouldn't have won, and that's why it stings his ego so much.
    You mean in the entire history of the country right? There's no evidence that voter fraud even approaches this type of scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of the recent voter ID laws, provide for a no charge ID. You just have to go get one
    As I've previously linked, those same states (and no, not all voter ID states provide free IDs, which is just one of the grounds they've been challenged in the courts on) are also closing DMVs disproportionately in democratic voting areas, which is another reason those laws have been struck down.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone gets a free birth certificate when they are born, if you lost it then youre irresponsible. Tough shit if you have to jump through hoops to get another

- - - Updated - - -

And we DO need a more secure way of conducting absentee voting. Way to easy to vote fraudulently that way
    Not everyone gets a free birth certificate (many of the elderly). Many are lost by their parents before they're old enough to take custody of it. What's with the over generalization? Stop with the nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

You're full of shit.

Trump has used more EOs than obama.

Obama in first 100 days: 19.

Trump in first 100 days: 32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

“Kris Kobach being named to run a commission on ‘voter integrity’ is like naming Bernie Madoff to run a commission on financial crimes,” said Frank Sharry, the executive director of America’s Voice Education Fund. “He has dedicated his professional career to trying to deny people of color the vote and to trying to drive millions of immigrants out of the country.”
    The thing about Kris Kobach is he's Republican. Republicans benefit when voting is made more difficult, Democrats benefit when voting is made easier. There are places in the US where Republicans only win when it rains.

I think Kobach will do fine, there are a lot of eyes on him for one.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Karfal View Post
    And some of us(republicans) don't agree with it. I'm anti EO, I believe things should be ran through the Senate and house. To me EO are for a quick "law" in emergency situations. But most presidents recently have abused this power.

The only EO that I agree with are the ones reversing the stuff Obama did. But that's only a handful, maybe half, not 100% sure.
    Not recently at all. I don't have the charts on hand, but Presidents in the early 20th century (starting with Teddy Roosevelt) have cranked out far more EOs than recent ones. I think the record holder was FDR, but of course he was also in office for a very long time. Eisenhower is the one that issues the least, I think. And Obama actually issued less than the preceding Presidents if memory serves.

Anyway, this is just Trump indulging in his fantasies. Mass voter fraud is just straight up not happening, but his ego can't let go of the fact that he lost the popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The thing about Kris Kobach is he's Republican. Republicans benefit when voting is made more difficult, Democrats benefit when voting is made easier. There are places in the US where Republicans only win when it rains.

I think Kobach will do fine, there are a lot of eyes on him for one.
    He's also been sued by the ACLU over voter suppression issues 4 times.

And lost 4 times : 3