10+ Year Old Account

Question Please explain this to me

I am trying to understand Blizzard's thinking on Follower missions in the WoD garrison, and would like some clarity PLEASE....
    Since I hit level 110, I have noticed that many of the quests available to followers in my garrison require higher item levels just to have a chance, but in order to get these higher item levels you have to do those quests??
    This is a catch 22 it seems to me, and is like saying that in order to get this, you have to do that, but in order to do that, you have to have this??
    Is it just me, or is that ridiculous?? I mean, is there any other way to increase the follower item levels besides doing quests with them??
    All of my followers at the garrison are level 100 now (I have 16 of them), so the endless XP quests are practically useless, and any quests that offer an upgrade to item level also require a high item level to do.
    So again, I ask, is there another way to boost their item level because Blizzard seems to think they are cute doing this??
    Thanks in advance!!

10+ Year Old Account
    One, why are you still doing garrison quests? That was the last expansion.

Two, I never had an issue getting the armor pieces to upgrade their item level, but an easy way is to turn in the scraps in the daily quest for the bunker (for alliance) that gives you armor sets for your followers. That should get them up to doing the quests in the garrison for more.

get a dwarven bunker if alliance and do work orders for ilvl upgrades i think.
    oh and a salvage yard also if i'm not mistaken
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2017-05-12 at 06:23 PM.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

This community never fails to surprise me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    One, why are you still doing garrison quests? That was the last expansion.
    I assume achievements. I still have a few I need to go back and do.

Back the OP's question. I never had an issue at the time working my followers up. As others have said try getting a scrap yard and a bunker, those help a lot. Other than that...honestly I have no idea. Hit the ones you can do even if it's a low % you'll get lucky eventually and you can work your odds up from there.

Also, the XP quests aren't useless until the followers are max quality too. You can work greens to blue, and blues to purple. Higher quality means more traits and better odds.
    Last edited by Miatog; 2017-05-12 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    I assume achievements. I still have a few I need to go back and do.
    want* not need

No one needs to do achievements.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just do the Salvage Yard, I don't see your issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    want* not need

No one needs to do achievements.
    You underestimate my compulsive need to complete collections and 100% this game...

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I need is a Salvage Yard??
    I am Horde so the Dwarven Bunker is not an option really. Is there a Horde alternative for this that you know of??
    For the record, I don't NEED to do these achievements really, but I want to be able to when i finish with Legion content. It is just that every mission that I see that offers an iLvl increase, has an ILvl requirement that is higher than any of my followers have!!
    Any way, even though I already thanked everyone in advance, Thanks again for the info!!
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 2017-05-12 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    So, I need is a salvage yard??
    I am Horde so the Dwarven Bunker is not an option really. Is there a Horde alternative for this that you know of??
    war mill is the name you're looking for.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/garris...unker-war-mill
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    war mill is the name you're looking for.
    Thanks a MILLION Lex!!
    \^v^/

FWIW, you can buy armaments on the AH that will add +50 levels to both armor and weapons (Frozen Arms of a Hero) http://www.wowhead.com/item=128314/f...arms-of-a-hero.

Go for 100-400g on most servers, will let you quickly and easily gear up new alts (or returning mains).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Can't you just buy the armor thingies directly now? At least on the alliance side, there's a vendor standing almost right next to the mission table that sells purple armor and weapon kits. Or did they remove those? 500g each if I recall

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Can't you just buy the armor thingies directly now? At least on the alliance side, there's a vendor standing almost right next to the mission table that sells purple armor and weapon kits. Or did they remove those? 500g each if I recall
    Oh yeah, these too. Will get followers up to 645 I think?

Two of those + the Frozen Arms will max a follower for around 1500g.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by zlloyd1 View Post
    I am trying to understand Blizzard's thinking on Follower missions in the WoD garrison, and would like some clarity PLEASE....
    Since I hit level 110, I have noticed that many of the quests available to followers in my garrison require higher item levels just to have a chance, but in order to get these higher item levels you have to do those quests??
    This is a catch 22 it seems to me, and is like saying that in order to get this, you have to do that, but in order to do that, you have to have this??
    Is it just me, or is that ridiculous?? I mean, is there any other way to increase the follower item levels besides doing quests with them??
    All of my followers at the garrison are level 100 now (I have 16 of them), so the endless XP quests are practically useless, and any quests that offer an upgrade to item level also require a high item level to do.
    So again, I ask, is there another way to boost their item level because Blizzard seems to think they are cute doing this??
    Thanks in advance!!
    This is like opening a time capsule from 2015. Hilarious. 10/10 would read again.