Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    To my understanding, no they weren't.

Then you should probably educate yourself a little better

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/dispe...-obama-regime/

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Good luck to them, that's a war they can't afford to wage and will lose if they try. California is the backbone of this country and will step up to any threat towards states' rights on marijuana, especially medicinal usage. Colorado will be just fine. They have the support of the vast majority of the nation.
    Tell you the truth it is only a matter of time before Republicans get involved with the cash cow. You know the one thing they will do anything for is money. Legal weed seems to generate a whole shit ton of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    There was a decrease after the 2015
    The DEA raided Montana's largest legal marijuana dispensary not even a year ago

https://cannabisnow.com/breaking-dea...na-dispensary/

And that's just one example of them raiding legal dispensaries after 2015, and it was one of their largest raids yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It did such a good job of packing our prisons with non-violent low level offenders while not actually doing anything to combat drug use, that we're just doing it a second time!
    Right, I mean the goal isn't to fight drugs. There are much more efficnent, cost-effective ways to do it than the way we're going about it; but what these policies are REALLY good at is sending money and bodies straight into the for-profit prison system.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    The DEA raided Montana's largest legal marijuana dispensary not even a year ago

https://cannabisnow.com/breaking-dea...na-dispensary/

And that's just one example of them raiding legal dispensaries after 2015, and it was one of their largest raids yet
    "The federal government is generally standing down in the face of ongoing medical and adult-use legalization. The Department of Justice is under guidance from the White House to focus its limited resources away from state-legal cannabis activity. The Department of Justice recently gave up its pursuit of two of California’s most well-known medical cannabis operators, Lynnette Shaw, and Harborside Health Center of Oakland."

"She said whether or not the business was following state law – either instance is cause for better state rules. The MCIA is about half-way to collecting enough signatures to put a dispensary initiative on the November ballot.

“We have a problematic law. It’s really not functional at all,” she said. “If it’s bad state laws or bad actors — it doesn’t matter. We need an initiative in place so we have clear laws so people can follow them in Montana with licenses and inspections.”"

That is all from the article you linked. It is again an issue with the state law, and a judge ruled dispensaries illegal in the state. It is a lot of grey area law going on and badly worded ones causing the issue, but the widespread mass raiding that was going on between the late 90s and about 2015, things had calmed down pretty substantially. This has always been the problem, until federal legalization shit like this will continue, and banks won't touch it to risk their fed backing. Sessions the III is still taking things in the opposite direction, after we finally had some movement the other way. Things were better post 2015, than pre, ask anyone in the game. Not perfect, not ideal, but a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Was the War on Drugs on pause when dispensaries in Colorado and California were being raided? Sessions is an idiot for reinvigorating it, but when did the War ever stop?
    Pretty much. The thing is that Liberals like to act like Obama suspended the war when in reality he just quietly distanced himself from it. It never stopped. Sessions may be a zealous moron but all he's doing is taking what Obama allowed to run rampant a step or two further.

While Obama did not "eliminate" the war on drugs, he certainly wound it down considerably. At least you seem to be in agreement that ratcheting it back up again is a truly insane idea. Which is the whole point of the outrage expressed in this thread.

I agree that Obama could have been MUCH BETTER in reducing the drug war. However, Trump is going very far in the wrong direction. America will pay a huge price for this. The outrage is because it is so clear how much this will hurt America, and the Trump administration is going full steam ahead anyways.

Jeff Session continues his crusade to make the GOP more toxic and unappealing, more then half the country wants to legalize drugs like weed but this retard wants to jail people for getting caught smoking a jay. Can't wait to see how this pans out for that vulture in Hunan skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I see an open bunk!
    that is some real low security shit there (also its a detention center, not a prison)

why are people calling them slaves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    W

I agree that Obama could have been MUCH BETTER in reducing the drug war. However, Trump is going very far in the wrong direction. America will pay a huge price for this. The outrage is because it is so clear how much this will hurt America, and the Trump administration is going full steam ahead anyways.
    it will not hurt america. having druggies locked up will not hurt america.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-05-12 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    that is some real low security shit there

why are people calling them slaves?
    Penal labor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    He is a Republican. Clearly he is invested in the private prison system that is a huge money maker for the owners and merely a burdon for the tax payer. Well worth it to someone that is in it to earn money. Even more so since he is rich and also going to be getting a tax cut on top of it.
    how much money do they make?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Penal labor.
    where at? how does the contract work? details plz

that is some real low security shit there (also its a detention center, not a prison)
    Minimum/low security prisons often have to house inmates like that due to overpopulation. Visited a few state/federal prisons while I was in college years ago and the only one that actually had cells for all the inmates was, oddly enough, a holding facility. The prisons themselves all had a mixture of cells and open bunks.

i think we all want the laws to be enforced harshly on white (any color) opioid user. that shit is not a joke and ruins lives. however going after marijuana users seems a little silly as the drug is better in every way than alcohol. ultimately it should be a state decision. if they want heroin legal fine fuck it, its legal. i sure as hell wont live there.
    US has methadone listed as a legal drug. Heroin withdrawals seem trivial in comparison. That shit will literally kill you if you stop taking it. So chances are, you will be needing tickets to Russia

where at? how does the contract work? details plz
    Federal Prison Industries. Government owned, makes some $40 billion a year off the work of prisoners.

"Let's do the opposite of good things."
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

how much money do they make?
    Just one site.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-pri...f-slavery/8289

I know it will likely be hit with the typical "fake news" or "unreliable site" because I didn't write a reseach paper on it. But look it up on google and find out for yourself if it matters to you much beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It did such a good job of packing our prisons with non-violent low level offenders while not actually doing anything to combat drug use, that we're just doing it a second time!
    Well we all know the goal isn't to end crime, it's to fill the prisons and put more revenue into the bank accounts of prison contractors.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Just one site.

I know it will likely be hit with the typical "fake news" or "unreliable site" because I didn't write a reseach paper on it. But look it up on google and find out for yourself if it matters to you much beyond that.
    i asked how much money they make and you did not answer. why is that? why is it so hard to get answers from people that preach?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Well we all know the goal isn't to end crime, it's to fill the prisons and put more revenue into the bank accounts of prison contractors.
    because there isnt 1000 other ways to make money off that same population. this is one of the stupidest arguments there currently is. it has no basis in logic or fact.

i asked how much money they make and you did not answer. why is that? why is it so hard to get answers from people that preach?

- - - Updated - - -

because there isnt 1000 other ways to make money off that same population. this is one of the stupidest arguments there currently is. it has no basis in logic or fact.
    I already told you. Federal Prison Industries makes $40 billion a year.

You can't just ignore people and then scream that no one provided you with an answer.

Just one site.

and wow just reading that is making me throw up. profits from 1980 to 1994 went up you say? you mean in companies like IBM and MICROSOFT? really? wow and they somehow equate that to the prison population and not computers? how stupid can you be to read dribble written by somebody like this? stick to the facts. FACTS.

facts alone would be enough to convince somebody like me that private companies should not be able to contract prison population for profit in any way. but no, they have to spice it up with bullshit and lies souring the whole thing. what else are they (the writers) dishonest about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I already told you. Federal Prison Industries makes $40 billion a year.

You can't just ignore people and then scream that no one provided you with an answer.
    makes who 40bil a year? you didnt answer shit lol. WHO MAKES THAT MONEY? that is revenue correct? what is the profit? details fool, details. this is why people dismiss you and your position so easily, you dont come correct.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-05-12 at 10:31 PM.