Poll: When was your last time you looked forward playing WoW?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When Legion launched I couldn't stop playing. I had full quest log for a week despite playing all day.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legion release for me. However it turned up in the afternoon the day of release (Collector's Edition) and I was working that evening and the next morning. Usual disappointment of not being able to do an all nighter with Guild Mates due to late arrival of my game and work.

Right now not so much. The grind is real, my main interest is arena and raids, and I'm doing hardly any arena at all and raids are down to a quick clear of NH HC in about two hours before everyone logs off for the week. I don't know about others but for me AP is just a horrible grind and after the Golden Trait it's just a bonus.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    last time WoW made me want to play for a long extended period of time? Wrath.

Cata brought nice refreshing changes, but the patches were abysmal, felt unfinished.

MoP was again some pretty great changes and additions, but this started to make Alts too difficult to play, and ultimately started the downward spiral of RNG filth that has infested everything that WoW is today, with Legion being the worst contributor of RNG so far.

RNG has a place, but it has to be balanced by other factors and kept strictly in check. without being able to check things off my list as done, i never feel rewarded when RNG finally throws me a bone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I would always play during wotlk/cata. When MoP I still played often, but the decline started. Game was changing, and a lot of the rpg aspects were disappearing even more then cata had removed. By Siege, I was kinda over WoW because it wasn't the same addicting game. I still played however, just not as often.

When WoD hit, I played less often, to the point where WoW almost ever crossed my mind. Legion is fun, but the aspects that hooked me so much into the game are still gone, no matter how improved it is from WoD. The flavor was gone when they launched WoD and the momentum hasn't picked up.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever my friends would come back to play and we would raid again, which happened again during Legion. Unfortunately, as with every expansion, they all quit again, so I stopped playing. They aren't as hardcore as they use to be, so they play a few months in a new expansion and then quit for the next one.

Running from WOTLK to now would be it for me.

Still have that feeling, still playing. Wouldn't be so daft to stick around if I didn't look forward to playing. Can't help but snicker at people saying that the grind is "too much" in Legion though... I'm not spending a single hour grinding anything, and I'm raiding just fine.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-12 at 11:49 PM.

Early WotLK I'd say.

Sure, each expansion has had moments like that, but WotLK was the last time I really felt like that a lot of the time. Vanilla I enjoyed one character a lot and raided heavily on it. TBC my guild fell apart with the reduction to 25 so instead I focused on leveling alts. WotLK I got back into raiding and enjoyed it up through Ulduar. After that I tuckered out a bit until ICC, but got bored again after that didn't have any further content for so long.

Legion, I really enjoyed in the beginning, but after seeing just what a grindfest it was, I lost interest.

I can say there's a 95% chance I won't be picking up their next expansion at launch, maybe later on when I can find it on sale though. I just don't know if this is the game for me anymore, and there's nothing wrong with that, just that I personally am not as awestruck with it as I used to be.

wotlk. everything was still new to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I came to WoW in Legion so my vote doesn't count much :P
    Who needs signatures anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Mine was in WOTLK/Cata, Spending all day every day on my WoW character, i loved it so much. Even after playing 10 hours a day, i kept on playing.
    To bad that feeling is long but gone for me and i rather not play anymore, but hey what do you expect after years of playing the same game.

But what about you, when did you had this feeling for last?
    Stop making these asinine threads. Why do you people hang around forums for a game you don't even play anymore? And don't give me that bullshit about coming here for non-wow forums because THIS thread is in a wow forum as are the rest of your shitposts.

Every expansion/big patch/new raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually at the start of an expansion, every single one so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Because the forums are more fun then the game.
    That's nice. Still doesn't justify spending so much time on a forum dedicated solely to a game you people no longer play or even like.

Never? It's just a game I play. I don't plan my entire life around the game and I never have, nor do I have rose-tinted recollections of days gone by.

Back in Cata I think. I still like the game but the game has become so old and predictable to me. Nothing that Blizzard would come up with could suprise me regardless of quality. It's just normal after I have played this game for 10 years+.

Unless there are huge changes like revamping the whole world to be relevant again and beyond then I don't think I will be that excited again. It's fine though because WoW is still currently fun and has always been for me.

I think MMORPG needs to go more casual. I do not mean in the sense of convenience like LFD,LFR,teleportation between zones or things like that. I mean that it needs to focus more on moderate to decent difficulty content that do not demand bigger group(10+) but still encourage social activities. It should focus more on trying to create a liviing and vibrant world rather than more arcade-y playstyle with several levels of difficulty. It makes the world feel less coherent. That's just me though. There are people who still enjoy top-end raiding and to still have that you absolutely need varied difficulty levels.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-05-13 at 02:03 AM.

WoW is my weekend getaway. I really only have time for it on the weekends, and even then, I rarely get to geek out the whole weekend.

Every Friday night is the moment of ultimate relaxation for me. Still. After all these years, it's easy for me to get lost in the world of Warcraft.

Today. I worked out some goals for myself for the next patch or so, and was so stoked to log on and get started.

If we exclude raiding*: the beginning of Legion. I like that initial leveling/gearing up period. Always new systems and places to explore.

*I don't pug raids. And raiding with a guild can either be very enjoyable or downright awful. I think that has more to do with the people involved than the game though. Right now it's great for me. So raid nights are always something I look forward to. Great fun and many laughs to be had.

I wish I could play all day like I used to back in wrath/cata, but really the game hasn't been the same since and honestly don't think it ever will be again short of them making another MMO because they are too far down the rabbit hole to change things in a matter of speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Legion has been out for almost 9 months now. So if you only found it fun for 1-2 weeks, why in the world are you still playing it? Why do you post so much about a game that is not fun? I really don't understand. There are plenty of games I do not find fun .... so I don't play them or talk about them constantly. Are you a masochist? Is someone forcing you to continue your involvement in WoW? Are you naive enough to think that the expansion you haven't found fun for eight months is suddenly going to become fun? I really do not understand why you don't just quit and stop talking about it.
    Give this guy a cookie.

OT: During Legion