Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    We live in rural MN, the entire school from K-12 are in the same building, it is large and elementary is separate from High school, but there is no "Middle School" or whatever people call it in big cities.
    How small is your town that you think middle school is a thing for big cities? I live in the middle of nowhere (about 7300 people) and we've got a middle school.

i had 5th to 6th, 8th to 9th and high school grad....but kindergarten? it must be for the parents, because i'm 29 and don't remember much about kindergarten except for my class putting our backpackds in cubby holes and not hating school

You have kindergarten graduations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    How small is your town that you think middle school is a thing for big cities? I live in the middle of nowhere (about 7300 people) and we've got a middle school.
    My hometown was 4300 and change in rural central WI, and WE had a middle school. So, yeah, schwank05, where did you live that you aren't even aware of the concept of a middle school?

It's fun shit for the little hell raisers to do, nothing more nothing less

Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Google says $20-25 per from one website, another is $13.95 for a whole package. https://oakhalli.com/Complete-Kindergrad-Package.html
    Ugh, that stuff.
    I really wonder where this originated from and why americans are still sticking to it.
    That this does not fade away from society but instead washes over to the kindergarten is a bit surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    My hometown was 4300 and change in rural central WI, and WE had a middle school. So, yeah, schwank05, where did you live that you aren't even aware of the concept of a middle school?
    Somewhere crazy! My town has a pop. of 600. You could add our two nearby towns of 600 too and its still under 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It depends on the individual. If the person wants to do it because they want to celebrate their accomplishment (or whatever the reason may be), then I'd say it wasn't a waste.
    It starts to become problematic when they then force others into it.
    They are free to celebrate at home and invite friends, there is no need to make the kindergarden hold the celebration and use the kids to blackmail everyone into wasting money on it.

C'thulu only knows. It makes no sense to me.

Oh, and C'thulu likes to be promoted especially by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Somewhere crazy! My town has a pop. of 600. You could add our two nearby towns of 600 too and its still under 2k.
    To be fair our school district also pulled from a few smaller towns, with pops in the 100s, to fill everything out. But also some of those were almost 40 miles away so even from those very small towns they were still going to a system that had a middle school and were aware middle schools existed.

I'm more confused by the lack of understanding of the very concept of a middle school, like the other poster had never even heard of or fathomed such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    To be fair our school district also pulled from a few smaller towns, with pops in the 100s, to fill everything out. But also some of those were almost 40 miles away so even from those very small towns they were still going to a system that had a middle school and were aware middle schools existed.

I'm more confused by the lack of understanding of the very concept of a middle school, like the other poster had never even heard of or fathomed such a thing.
    I have to say, I only read your reply but after reading the initial post I understand why. I grew up in a capital city and then moved to the country. There are too many people in cities to fit them all inside one building (k-12) so, at least for me, we have 3 buildings; k--5(elementary), 6-8(middle), and 9-12(high).

If you come from a small town you just might not know this. you might think, if there are too many kids why not make a lot of k-12 buildings. I could see why you'd never come to the conclusion that separating by age blocks is a decent idea.

Deleted
    It's not a thing here, well at least it wasn't when i went to school!

Quote Originally Posted by rayden54 View Post
    I "Live" in the country and the Town I live in has no school its only about 400 people. My kids go to school where I work 13 miles away in a town of 2500 people. We have open enrollment, so kids travel around and migrate to all the small schools to get on better sports teams, get away from bullying, or just get a change of scenery. I have to drive 30 miles in any direction to get to a town with more than 10K people. There are about 10-15 small towns in the area all under 5k people and all have 1 school for k-12. So thus it was never really a thing.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2017-05-16 at 02:35 PM.

Because its cute! Lighten up a bit.

It's a way the government invented to:

- make you waste unnecessary money on objects you will only use once.
    - make people feel special with worthless achievments
    - distract them from the truth
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    I failed at getting my shoe lacing diploma and I turned out ok.

Gown aside, I see graduation as simply an excuse to get together and have fun, much like public holidays and whatnot.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Kindergarten graduation is nothing serious, and schools mainly see it as a way to get parents involved with their kids' education, which is vital for their development considering that they're not likely to get much support from our system. It's also an opportunity to try and convince people to provide funding since the state pays for nothing.

Ugh.. that's a thing these days? I remember getting some little 'celebration' when entering elementry, but that is mostly some sweets and writing utencils in a cone (don't ask). You just wear what you wear and that was about it. The change from 4th to 5th was nothing and only when you start actually graduating a school was ever any celebration again..

So all these mom's have something to do between driving their mini-van and sipping starbucks