Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wasnt there a TV show that put contestants through SEAL training?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    So let's say I wanted to do the required training to become a Navy SEAL but had no intentions of joining them. Like right now I'm a certified lifeguard even though I've never held a lifeguarding job before. Is this possible??

I think the training is cool and would like to experience something like it!
    No. SEAL training is very, very, very expensive. They wouldn't just train you because you've watched a few movies with dramatic tales of glory.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Wasnt there a TV show that put contestants through SEAL training?
    If they did, I am sure it was mostly fake.

Don't the navy seals put you through so much physical training until you want to quit trying to be a navy seal.

I failed the run part in PST only because i literally quit smoking a month before i got into boot camp otherwise i would have passed and made it into BUDS. Seal training is all about finding your breaking point and pushing way past it to you break. Seal trainers job is to make you quit they dont want you to pass.
    Last edited by Skandulous; 2017-05-13 at 03:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

I tried joining the SEALs but they told me I was too strong and fast and I after I showed them my posts on this site they said I was too smart.

So let's say I wanted to do the required training to become a Navy SEAL but had no intentions of joining them. Like right now I'm a certified lifeguard even though I've never held a lifeguarding job before. Is this possible??

What part of Navy SEAL training you do you believe is particularly " cool " ?

There was a show that had civilians who paid to do special forces training. But they clearly said it's only a fraction of what is actually done.

At one point you're locked in a box in 100 degree heat with baby sounds playing nonstop On a radio.

That's where most civilians broke down and quit after 2 or 3 hours. The one instructed said in his training it was like 66 hours straight for him. Piss and shit on yourself with no sleep and body completely numb.

So ya there's more to it than just physical. In fact lots of people can pass the physical test. It's the mental stuff that breaks you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    They do train it in, but the whole point of thier operations is to avoid hand to hand combat...they have guns and airstrikes. The whole point of MMA is to fight someone in hand to hand combat. Its a different league.

These guys in the UFC, belt holders are the best fighters in the world at thier weights. Bar none.
    I agree that they're the best when it comes to fighting in a ring with rules. Put them up against a Navy Seal or Marine who's trained to fight dirty and go for the kill as fast as possible and it'd be something entirely different. Training is one thing, but they're conditioned to follow the rules they fight under. Someone trained to kill isn't going to hesitate because they have no rules to follow. Like I said, one's a fighter, one's a killer. They're not the same thing.

In the end it depends more on the individual fighters. But if they're basically even in terms of training, my money's on the guy trained to kill.

Deleted
    I've read somewhere once that it's easier to train dolphins than seals though.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it was even a little bit easy, everyone would be doing it. I've never met a seal in real life, but if I did, I'd be happy to buy them a beer or two.

Deleted
    If the "training is cool" is the only factor, maybe you shall try to be a fitness trainer or something like that insted. Military life have its charm, but you will not get enough sleep, you realy need to like to not get enough sleep.....

Special forces are subjected to indoctrination program. That means programming soldiers to die on command, well, at least around here that's how they do it. By "die", I mean going into suicide missions without hesitation. Armies are smart enough to not send their best soldiers to suicide missions, but in war time you're gonna need it and average soldier won't cut. It is core of the program and is the initial step. If you think it's fancy and cool, think again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Special forces are subjected to indoctrination program. That means programming soldiers to die on command, well, at least around here that's how they do it. By "die", I mean going into suicide missions without hesitation. Armies are smart enough to not send their best soldiers to suicide missions, but in war time you're gonna need it and average soldier won't cut. It is core of the program and is the initial step. If you think it's fancy and cool, think again.
    Your third world country is doing it wrong, here they want their best and brightest in the special forces and they want their very expensive investment to return home safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Your third world country is doing it wrong, here they want their best and brightest in the special forces and they want their very expensive investment to return home safe.
    Someone is triggered

Deleted
    Someone is triggered
    I have never been in the special forces and never will but I know that a SF team is worth more than a helicopter and much harder to replace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I once read only about 2% of those who sign up to be a Navy Seal pass the tests. It is very, very grueling.
    This is true. You'll have a class of 100 guys and only 2-4 of them are left by the last week. During the first week, you'll see this skinny short guy standing there next to a guy who looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger and you're thinking "how did that little guy even get there?" Six weeks later that little guy is still there and Schwarzenegger is long gone and forgotten.

Deleted
    Someone is triggered
    He isn't wrong. They don't want to lose a special forces guy that they spent 2-3 years time and tons of money to train. Their job isn't to die for their country, it's to make the other guys die for theirs.

Edited for grammar.

7+ Year Old Account
    You have to get 300 confirmed kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    He isn't wrong. They don't want to lose a special forces guy that they spent 2-3 years time and tons of money to train. Their job isn't to die for their country, it's to make the other guys die for theirs.

Edited for grammar.
    He is triggered, and you can't read.

And just in case you can't understand what I am trying to say (considering your poor reading skills), here is a passage from my original post.

Armies are smart enough to not send their best soldiers to suicide missions, but in war time you're gonna need it and average soldier won't cut.
    Special forces around the world have characteristic missions, among them is operating behind the enemy lines. The nature of these missions involve high risk (meaning mortality rate), and that's why you train them more. Of course, every army wants their best to return home safe, but they'll be send to high-risk missions, sometimes suicide missions when the situation demands it. The situation does demand it in war times.

- - - Updated - - -

There is also a shit ton of misconception about SFs where people think they are terminators. They die more often than you think, depending on the frequency of combat that an army engages.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-05-13 at 12:06 PM.