Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Cus dc fucked up hard by trashing the dark knight series and going to fucking ben affleck as batman.
    didn't who ever he was who played batman not want to play bat man any more? kinda hard not to trash it if thats the case, but i could be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Which is a matter of opinion not fact.
    well it is a matter of fact that the marvel movies are making a ton more money then the dc ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    In Hollywood people are lazy. That are always looking for the easy button. DC/WB thought they had that with the Nolan trilogy and they were wrong. Dark and gritty is hard to do right and the penalties for missing that target are more severe than for a more conventional style. Let me reiterate, the same degree of imperfection in a Marvel STYLE movie will be more tolerated than the dark and gritty style DC likes. As always YMMV.
    It's not the dark and gritty style that causes DC problems. Dark and Gritty can do very well in a superhero film. Logan is far darker and grittier than anything DC has done...and that movie is still making bank. The reason that DC movies are having so many issues isn't because the movies are Dark and Gritty....it's because the characters aren't.

People like to think of Batman as Dark and Gritty...but he really isn't. Wolverine is Dark and Gritty. Punisher is Dark and Gritty. Batman is only Dark and Gritty compared to Superman.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    didn't who ever he was who played batman not want to play bat man any more? kinda hard not to trash it if thats the case, but i could be wrong.
    Its because they went away from the dark knight universe, and tried to blend them all together. Bales batman didnt mesh with the justice league one and bale just couldnt be the soft batman that afflec is. As someone whos seen all of batmans shit over the years going back to the tv show, the 3 dark knight movies are hands down my fav. The darker batman is the better. As far as animated, batman beyond hands down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its because they went away from the dark knight universe, and tried to blend them all together. Bales batman didnt mesh with the justice league one and bale just couldnt be the soft batman that afflec is. As someone whos seen all of batmans shit over the years going back to the tv show, the 3 dark knight movies are hands down my fav. The darker batman is the better. As far as animated, batman beyond hands down.
    ah that makes sense. as far as batman movies goes i know no one will agree with me but batman and robin is my fav by far followed by dark knight rises just because i liked bane.

- - - Updated - - -

well it is a matter of fact that the marvel movies are making a ton more money then the dc ones.

Marvel has more movies so that argument is flawed

7+ Year Old Account
    Marvel has more movies so that argument is flawed
    it makes more money on any movie to movie basic so no its not.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    With Batman vs Superman, Suicide Squad, and the trailers for Wonder Woman and The Justice League, I can't help but feel that DC is trying so hard to be like Marvel instead of sticking to what actually worked really well for them.

The pinnacle of DC's achievement on film is encapsulated with The Dark Knight trilogy. It's not flashy. It's not goofy. It's dark, gritty and realistic.

While they have a ton of superheroes that are no doubt much harder to pull off realistically when they have extreme abilities, it can still be done in a sci-fi type way where - hey this might be within the realm of reason with genetic/robotic enhancements.

Marvel does what they do really well. Over the top flashy and goofy. Super entertaining. Personally one of my favorite of the Marvel catalogue is Civil War which is a little darker. But I think Guardians of the Galaxy captures closely how I view Marvel as a brand.

IMO DC needs to stop trying to be a 2nd place Marvel, and go back to what was so great about their Dark Knight Trilogy and cut out their own space in the superhero genre as something a little more down to earth with deeper story and characters.
    Because Marvel is making all of the money.

it makes more money on any movie to movie basic so no its not.
    Post data proving your claim or your just blowing smoke.
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2017-05-13 at 03:59 AM.

The biggest problem with the marvel vs dc movies is that marvel went from 0-60 in the course of a few years while DC tried to go from 0-60 in a year. They didnt take the time to develop each character and their movies suffer for it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Post data proving your claim or your just blowing smoke.
    http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Cap...ar#tab=summary

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Bat...ce#tab=summary

Worldwide Box Office $1,151,684,349 civil war.

Worldwide Box Office $868,160,194 batman v superman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is a matter of opinion not fact.
    The money says otherwise, is a matter of facts rather than opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The better question: Why the hell hasn't DC replaced Zack Snyder with someone competent?
    The real question is why hasn't DC gone to another studio rather than WB who will not give them the control over their own stories and movies like Disney did for Marvel. With Marvel, the studio gives a basic premise for what they want a movie to be and give the directors a lot of control of the vision they put into the movies. With DC, the studio comes behind and second guesses everything the directors do and take the creativity out of the hands of the person who could make the movies worthwhile. The only DC movie I think will be exceptional will be the Batgirl movie since DC got Joss Whedon to direct it and he won't put up with the studios bullshit when it comes to his own directing of the movie.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The real question is why hasn't DC gone to another studio rather than WB who will not give them the control over their own stories and movies like Disney did for Marvel. With Marvel, the studio gives a basic premise for what they want a movie to be and give the directors a lot of control of the vision they put into the movies. With DC, the studio comes behind and second guesses everything the directors do and take the creativity out of the hands of the person who could make the movies worthwhile. The only DC movie I think will be exceptional will be the Batgirl movie since DC got Joss Whedon to direct it and he won't put up with the studios bullshit when it comes to his own directing of the movie.
    DC is owned by WB.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    DC is owned by WB.
    Yes, but they could have sold the rights to another studio instead of WB.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Cap...ar#tab=summary

http://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Bat...ce#tab=summary

Worldwide Box Office $1,151,684,349 civil war.

Worldwide Box Office $868,160,194 batman v superman.
    If you had told me 10 years ago that a Captain America movie would soundly beat a Batman vs Superman one at the box office, I'd have laughed at your face.

Yet, here we are. Isn't that proof enough that DC fucked up somewhere?

Cripes, even a R-rated Deadpool movie barely made 100M$ less than BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Yes, but they could have sold the rights to another studio instead of WB.
    No...they really couldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If you had told me 10 years ago that a Captain America movie would soundly beat a Batman vs Superman one at the box office, I'd have laughed at your face.

Yet, here we are. Isn't that proof enough that DC fucked up somewhere?

Cripes, even a R-rated Deadpool movie barely made 100M$ less than BvS.
    In terms of actual Profit Deadpool made more money...Deadpool's Budget was about 200 million less than BvS....and that's not even talking about the differences between marketing budgets.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-05-13 at 05:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem lies in the fact that DC's A-line is a list of some of the most horribly unrelatable characters ever written. This has always been the reason for DC's failure at the box office, you simply cannot make a big-budget film about characters who have squat for personality. DC's B-line? There's some characters I'd watch movies about, but since DC is obsessed with getting their A-line made into movies and continually failing, their B-line will never see screen time.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The problem lies in the fact that DC's A-line is a list of some of the most horribly unrelatable characters ever written. This has always been the reason for DC's failure at the box office, you simply cannot make a big-budget film about characters who have squat for personality. DC's B-line? There's some characters I'd watch movies about, but since DC is obsessed with getting their A-line made into movies and continually failing, their B-line will never see screen time.
    This is sadly true imo

Apart from Batman who quite frankly iam finished with non of the DC characters seem as interesting to me not one.

And as for a overreaching arc that marvel seems to be going with DC has none or if it does its not something i really care about how it finishes unlike Marvels infinity wars.

That is just how i feel and the reason i havent gone and seen a DC movie at the cinema since Dark knight!

10+ Year Old Account
    DC (1934) was Marvel (1939) before Marvel was Marvel.

They want their title back.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Young Justice is more relatable than the A-line DC characters.

can we just for once admit the "dark, gritty, brooding" shit only works with batman? like I'm sorry but I think DC movies would be a great deal better if they we're a bit more goofy and aware of how absurd they are. like in the animated justice league show, which for me is still the best representation of the DC universe outside of the comics. DC super heroes are meant to be gods among men, beacons of virtue to inspire the masses, they talk about that a lot in man of steel but do we actually get it? noooope!