Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Making Erdogan angry doesn't sound too bad. Infact it sounds like good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Kurds deserve a homeland after all the shit they have been through but its all about those US airbases in Turkey!

Lets be real Turkey can bitch and whine but they really cant do nothing cause the day they kick out the US and remove those airbases is the day you will see a newly created Kurdistan bankrolled by billions of US dollars and in return you will see new US airbases in Kurdistan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kurdistan ain't happening for at least a few decades.

Or maybe it will, if the Saudi/Israel/Palestine/Syria/Iran/Iraq situation magically solves itself quickly before then. There's always a need for destabilization in the middle east, someone has to buy those weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    They are portrayed in media as 'so progressive' because they claim to have women fighting ISIS. Its all ridiculous propaganda. Claims of them engaging in ethnic cleansing by forcing the displacement of populations in territory they have taken are suppressed in western media.
    The UN has already released a report countering those claims. The only accusations it made was insufficient humanitarian aid being provided to displaced communities or YPG conscripting males by force into military service.

There are problems with arming the Kurds, who have committed many war crimes including ethnic cleansing. Our media has tirelessly spread propaganda about how great the Kurds are, which is why many will support this move.
    Like how the kurds stole Turkish lands when reality was that they stole Kurdish land?

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently the historical precedent of "arming groups in the middle east blowing up in *insert arming country's name here*'s face" hasn't rubbed off on ol' Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Good. The u.s is finally helping out one of the nicest and sanest people in the middle east. I dont know how they put up with all the hostility but im glad they are getting attention. No group should be denied help if their kin are being attacked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Kurds are still performing ethnic cleansing and now they will do it better with more arms from the US.
    Do you have evidence of the kurds ethnic cleanising?

It seems ethnic cleansing is nice and sane ^^
    Really now? Are you going to tell me the Palestinians also practice in ethnic cleansing? Give me the source where they are doing ethnic cleansing.

Deleted
    Arming the rebels seems like a good idea. We havent tried it before, so we dont know if it would work.

There are problems with arming the Kurds, who have committed many war crimes including ethnic cleansing. Our media has tirelessly spread propaganda about how great the Kurds are, which is why many will support this move.
    Can you specify "our media", since the media i read/watch is pretty objective about Kurds and Turkey.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Deleted
    The turks are going to ally with russia very soon i believe.

People really don't understand just how bad ISIS really is, they put severed heads on pikes in town square just for owning a cell phone.

Unless Turkey wants to send in their own troops to take ISIS held cities then I have no problem arming the Kurds. I'm even more than willing to roll the dice that if they do eventually turn on the west they won't be anywhere near as vicious and evil as ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Trump arming anarchists.

Amusing.
    I think democratic confederalism is the more appropriate term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    People really don't understand just how bad ISIS really is, they put severed heads on pikes in town square just for owning a cell phone.

Unless Turkey wants to send in their own troops to take ISIS held cities then I have no problem arming the Kurds. I'm even more than willing to roll the dice that if they do eventually turn on the west they won't be anywhere near as vicious and evil as ISIS.
    The way they are developing, I doubt they will turn on the west.

Also, compared to their adversaries, and just about any other groups in the region, the Kurds are downright enlightened.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-05-13 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Well the Kurds stood up against Isis when most others did not, think they've proved their worth. Turkey is always complaining nowadays so it's starting to be a non factor.
    We have a habit of arming today's friends who become tomorrow's enemies (or at the very least a large thorn in our side). It seems to be a common trend throughout the last handful of administrations, Republican and Democrat.

it'd be nice if we armed the Kurds, but gave them weapons with hidden explosive components inside them so just in case the Kurds turn on us we could push a button and blow up their weapons as well. You know, as a contingency plan. If the technology was there we should totally do it.

The Kurds are the most moderate Muslims are they not?

Deleted
    I guess you haven't googled it as well? What's with people here? Anyone here actually interested in knowing the truth?
    Sure I googled and you get a bunch of hit pieces from weiss, gutman and rowell.

The evidence for war crimes the kurds have commited are feeble and mostly non existant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the harm in arming rebel groups at all. Nope. Not one bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    I don't see the harm in arming rebel groups at all. Nope. Not one bit.
    The kurds are being smart. They are on the edges of Raqqa and the only group that can take it. They've pretty much said, 'stop letting the Turks kill us or we will pull back'. Kurdish history is littered with betrayals from Western powers promising them a state and help as long as they do some fighting (one before this was when the US said 'overthrow Saddam we will help' and then the US didnt help, and the kurds in iraq got gassed. They have finally realised that they have been viewed as straw dogs.