Poll: Which Dungeons and 1 Raid would you want for Classic Timewalking?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Vanilla Timewalking Dungeons and raid, what do you want?

Since BT is becoming the first timewalking raid in 7.2.5 and on the last QA they did briefly talk about future raids from past xpacs. But shouldn't they add Vanilla dungeons to timewalking? If so, what ones do you want to see? Poll Inc, Please only for 1 raid and as many dungeons as you want.

Please also note due to poll options limit and the fact it is a 1 boss raid that was re-uped in Wrath, Im not including Onyxias Lair. Sorry.

This, for this poll, would be for the original versions, not any revamps. Though, for today's players, maybe they should keep any teleporters in.
    Last edited by Kellorion; 2017-05-13 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Onyxia
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

I'd love to see how today's WoW players would react to original LBRS and BRD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    But shouldn't they add Vanilla dungeons to timewalking?
    No no no, to both questions. No. Just no.

Poll up

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    No no no, to both questions. No. Just no.

Why? what do you mean?
    This is also granting the cata and past revamps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Depths, in its entirety. Except, instead of scaling everyone down to the 50s, add lvling scaling to BRD.

And then AQ, mainly just because I really hope that would cause Blizz to re-add the Black Qiraji mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    For raids definitely AQ Temple and original Naxx, for dungeons Sunken Temple, Uldaman, SFK, Scholo and RFC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    For raids definitely AQ Temple and original Naxx, for dungeons Sunken Temple, Uldaman, SFK, Scholo and RFC.
    in former state.. lets see how these casuals would handle 1hr+ dungeon

Raids: AQ ruins, UBRS, Scholo
    Dungeons: DM north, Uldaman, Sunken Temple

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    in former state.. lets see how these casuals would handle 1hr+ dungeon
    Of course the original , Sunken Temple will crush their will haha.

Yeah, eventually every expansion should be included in timewalking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dross View Post
    I'd like to see the original BRD as a mythic only dungeon, it's a lovely place. If they make it LFD compatible it would have to be butchered too much. I wouldn't even give it an endboss, put a couple questlines in it as it was in classic and let players decide which bosses they want to do. And instead of mythic+ with a timer let players decide at the beginning of the dungeon which +level they want to do and then just scale mobs/loot up and turn the affixes on.

Deleted
    Why? what do you mean?
    This is also granting the cata and past revamps.
    Because there is nothing fun (for me, since I of course can only speak for myself in this matter) about timewalking in general and there is absolutely nothing fun with the vanilla stuff being thrown into the mix. Vanilla was fun, BACK THEN. Vanilla was good, BACK THEN. Vanilla was challenging, BACK THEN. Nothing you do about it now can recapture that feeling. Timewalking, pristine servers, reverting to old talent tree style, nothing. The way the game is now just means any old dungeon is not and never will be challenging again. The mechanics in the boss fights means that only a handful of them actually takes some effort. The rest are loot pinatas. So why the hell do it?

Again, the answer is "No no no, to both questions. No. Just no." and I stand by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Blackrock Depths, in its entirety. Except, instead of scaling everyone down to the 50s, add lvling scaling to BRD.

And then AQ, mainly just because I really hope that would cause Blizz to re-add the Black Qiraji mount.
    For the classic mount, I thought of a new meaty version of the AQ mounts would be cool. Red, with dragonfly wings for flying. But not slap a new paint job on the grinning reaver from WoD. Distinctly AQ looking, using the colors from the AQ tier sets. The oranges and reds and the vibrant blues.

Hey now, let's not forget old ZG as a raid option, that would be neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dross View Post
    Same way people handle it on Elysium, skip 75 percent of it.

A lot of classic content was remade. Iconic places like scholo and zg are things I'd love to see again but they are already gone. Only good options would be dire maul and brd. Everything else is gone in terms of dungeons. The raids suck. Naxx is gone, mc has already been done. So only options are aq and bwl
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Because there is nothing fun (for me, since I of course can only speak for myself in this matter) about timewalking in general and there is absolutely nothing fun with the vanilla stuff being thrown into the mix. Vanilla was fun, BACK THEN. Vanilla was good, BACK THEN. Vanilla was challenging, BACK THEN. Nothing you do about it now can recapture that feeling. Timewalking, pristine servers, reverting to old talent tree style, nothing. The way the game is now just means any old dungeon is not and never will be challenging again. The mechanics in the boss fights means that only a handful of them actually takes some effort. The rest are loot pinatas. So why the hell do it?

Again, the answer is "No no no, to both questions. No. Just no." and I stand by that.
    Umm, chill? Its just a question.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think raid chosen for timewalking should be most iconic for specific expac:

- Vanilla - Blackwing Lair (but this would be so cool if they would bring back Naxx with old sets for transmog
    - WoTLK - ICC (I know Ulduar would be better, but I think ICC fits more)
    - Cata - in theory Dragon Soul, but you know, this was bad ;P, so they will choose Firelands
    - MoP - Throne of Thunder
    - WoD - Blackrock Foundry

As for Vanilla dungeon - it can't be something like Shadowfang Keep or Scarlet Monastery - this is Cata/MoP content now. And most untouched dungeons are really boring in my opinion. So what if they will bring back old versions? Right, mechanics would be very simple, but most mechanics are skipped in Timewalking anyway. Maybe this is reason they are holding so long Vanilla timewalking?

Also, if we are in this topic, I have two suggestions to expand this:

a) for MoP and Wod in the future - bring back legendary questline (it can be just story, but I don't see a reason why this was removed after expac, no one cares about this items anyway)

b) expand timewalking to world content, for example:

- first day emissary is on Hellfire Peninsula and 5-10 world quest pop up there (Broken Isles have no new emissary, but world quest are here as usual
    - second on Zangarmarsh, third on Terokkar
    - 4h day emissary and world quest dissapear on Hellfire, we have new one on Blade's Edge and that way until last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Original naxx is the only one there I care about, gimme dat Corrupted Ashbringer.

I would have also voted for old ZG if it were there... Because after farming it every single reset since I was able to solo it (about the time Ulduar launched) until it was removed with Cata's launch, I never got the Tiger to drop... I am still sad to this day.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless it changed since i quit the game, isn't TW still about blowing shit up to pieces? Why would you want to destroy old raids with a speedfest tool?

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla was fun, BACK THEN. Vanilla was good, BACK THEN. Vanilla was challenging, BACK THEN. Nothing you do about it now can recapture that feeling.
    Plenty of people still enjoy it. I play both retail and an Vanilla server regularly, and I enjoy Vanilla still despite playing through all of Vanilla when it was retail.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Umm, chill? Its just a question.
    And I answered it. Nothing unchilled about that.