Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Definitely a thousand times better than the old daily quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

When Diablo 3 came out with WQs, I thought they'd be a nice implementation for WoW. I think they are.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I feel like WQ were a success at first. Now it's as much as a chore as dailies were especially now that there's paragon rep.

How I loved reaching exalted on a rep and be DONE doing those dailies FOREVER. Now it's just a never ending grind to get a mount you would normally get as the exalted reward but now you probably have to get exatled 4 to 6 times worth of rep to get the mount reward unless you get really lucky.

They told us we were gonna get hundreds of world quests and everyone was excited about it. That is until everyone realized it was a hundred WQs across the 5 areas of the Broken Isles which is roughly 20 WQs per areas. You get about 3-4 rotations of WQs in a single area so you get to see the all the WQs in less than a week. You then start repeating the same WQs for 2 years assuming you have bad luck with mounts instead of 1-2 months of dailies to get exalted and be done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Y E S

WQs are so much better to do than old daily quests.
    Now to wait for old zones to be re-vamped and have WQs added to em aswell.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

15+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely think they've been a success in that they've gotten us out into the world more. I don't do them every day, but the WQ system combined with AP has given me something to do when I want to play for just a short burst that can still have an impact on my raid performance (higher artifact level).

Remember when they announced WQ and they said there'd be so many we wouldn't see repeats? Good times.

Monotonous and awful, they're literally the exact same quests we did while leveling. I have no issue with dailies, especially when they are presented along with an unfolding storyline. I feel like Mists did the best job of this. The WQ in Legion relate to nothing, affect nothing, and mean nothing.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

World Quests don't benefit those with an abundance of playing time. If you log in on a daily basis and only play for an hour or so, World Quests are pretty decent. Anyone who plays for 3-4+ hours a day run out of quests and then are forced to sit there, or log off and play something else while waiting.

I feel from a design perspective, a lot of the quests seem relatively unique. The rewards seem a bit lackluster though, since by this time a lot of players will have at least one of the legendary bodyguard trinkets for bonus gold/resources. Provided after you've upgraded the Legionfall Order Hall upgrade the resource generator seems obsolete at best, and gold is so easy to come by those are the only WQ's I go for anymore outside of the AP quests.

The WQ's that give gear have once again tapered off and are no longer relevant. The scaling on these are pretty terrible, relying more on the titanforge procs to be even remotely useful.

Overall I give WQ's a 5/10 overall. It was a new and interesting concept at the beginning, but after prolonged stagnation they're nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    They are the same as dailies, the difference is it's shown on map by default, you don't have to bother a NPC for it and it gives a reward rather than 10g 12s.
    That's enough of a difference to make them far better for me. Especially the actual rewards.

I'd say that yes, they've been a success. I still think they should have been more varied, but as a base model WQs are better than dailies for sure.

I'm still at a loss as to how people can argue that WQ are != dailies (they're merely a modified version of the same system with random quests, i.e. MoP, and random rewards).

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I'm still at a loss as to how people can argue that WQ are != dailies (they're merely a modified version of the same system with random quests, i.e. MoP, and random rewards).
    Well, obviously because you use the entire map and so it gives you some good immersion that an mmo should have.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I'd say yes.

Of course, as most things in Legion, it needs some tweaks and refining.

But overall, I'd say this is the system I've enjoyed the most, in a very long time. Too bad it was so intertwined with so many other meh systems and, to a point, contributed to how alt-unfriendly Legion was.

My biggest issue with WQs is so many are locked behind zone questing. I basically had to become almost-Loremasters on my alts just so they'd have more variety and access to the better ones.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

World quests are a really good addition.

Deleted
    I think the system itself is good but needs some tweaks:

Maybe make it a weekly thing, complete anywhere between 4 and 28 WQ's for a varying amount of rewards. The rewards start out really good and become less so getting closer to the 28. For instance you would get 3 caches for 10 dailies, 2 for the next 10 and the last one for the 8 after that.

Add some worthwhile WQ's on a 3 day roster to keep people from having to do something every now and then. Think the proffesion wq's, wq's that offer a mount or pet (rare), wq's that offer higher Ilevel loot or things like augment runes

Add some more varied pvp dailies that work on the same system as they do now. (daily objectives with some objectives on an 8 hr timer)

Broken Shore WQ's are fine initially, do them often at the start to get exalted and then less. But.... do add more WQ's, they should try to ship with atleast double the WQ's they have now for more variety.

Finnaly they should add something similar to the DH order hall rune give each WQ, raidboss, battleground, arena, mythic+ chest and last boss on a dungeon a 5-25% (varying on content) chance to drop an item that lets you instantly complete a WQ. Then make these BOE. Idea behind this item is to make WQs less time intensive. Want to do mythic + but still get one or two caches a week? Use these items instead.

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Has World Quests been a success?

World Quests have been the bread and butter of legion so would you call that a success that they got people to go out in the world and do them?

Is world quests something you would like to see return or are you burnt out and the very sight makes you wanna threw up?

How would you rate world quests?

IMO World quests certainly got me logging in each day and it certainly got me out in the world but i cant say ive enjoyed them that much infact i just do warden kills cause its quicker BUT i must commend that cause it actually makes me do stuff instead of sitting in my garrison.
    World quests have been a huge success. I never did dailies before Legion (aside from the required rep grind for shoulder enchants or whatever it was in BC/wotlk), but with WQ's I have done quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I think the system itself is good but needs some tweaks:

Maybe make it a weekly thing, complete anywhere between 4 and 28 WQ's for a varying amount of rewards. The rewards start out really good and become less so getting closer to the 28. For instance you would get 3 caches for 10 dailies, 2 for the next 10 and the last one for the 8 after that.

Add some worthwhile WQ's on a 3 day roster to keep people from having to do something every now and then. Think the proffesion wq's, wq's that offer a mount or pet (rare), wq's that offer higher Ilevel loot or things like augment runes

Add some more varied pvp dailies that work on the same system as they do now. (daily objectives with some objectives on an 8 hr timer)

Broken Shore WQ's are fine initially, do them often at the start to get exalted and then less. But.... do add more WQ's, they should try to ship with atleast double the WQ's they have now for more variety.

Finnaly they should add something similar to the DH order hall rune give each WQ, raidboss, battleground, arena, mythic+ chest and last boss on a dungeon a 5-25% (varying on content) chance to drop an item that lets you instantly complete a WQ. Then make these BOE. Idea behind this item is to make WQs less time intensive. Want to do mythic + but still get one or two caches a week? Use these items instead.
    Well...honestly this is a catch-all answer for every issue in the game. Just throw MORE mount / pet / runes / better gear every once in while in the mix to make it "better".

Dailies were better since you don't need to do them after you get rep exalted or so. Also WQ:s are mostly same quests that you did while leveling your character, it's kinda lame and boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they're great as a system. The devs need to tweak the rewards though, as having a hard cap (technically, it's a soft cap that feels like a hard cap) really isn't a great incentive.

The Division uses a nice system of "tiers", which I'd like to see for world quests.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    That would be horrible. The average player needs a stopping point for the game.
    No that would not be horrible, the stopping point would be when you feel like it. That would be the only really major improvement on what I think has mostly been a successful system. The added bonus would be 99% fewer douche nozzles that feel the need to turn every quest into some kind of competition instead of just going the other direction or whatever to pick up quest items they need and shit.

Yes they has been a success. Best addition to world content ever. Expect to see them expanded upon.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV