Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I like how this thread has gone on six pages and on one has realized that's not the WoW dev team, that's the Warcraft III: Frozen Throne dev team. Rekt.
    Someone did and it was also asaked if the Wc3 Team was mostly the same as the later WoW team

7+ Year Old Account
    Was curious about Pardo's new thing at Bonfire. Went and checked out there website. Here's a couple of gems.

"Games are best when shared with friends."

"Challenge makes the journey worthwhile."

FML. When will they learn? Those days (outside of a niche audience) are gone.

Grouping as an option? Great. Super-hard content as an option? Great.

Either of those required for anything other than a minimum of the content? /uninstall game

"Times change." --- Garrosh Hellscream
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    Ghostcrawler was never lead dev. he was lead CLASS dev, and to him you owe the misery of homogenized classes from cata to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

i couldnt agree more, TBH all the "bold " changes in game play have come from him, when for years you have every aspect of wow failing except raiding when you had hazzikostas leading the raid dv team is very impressive to say the least. Now that hes lead Dev. you can tell the direction the game is going in, is cohesive and it shows they are applying what works and ditching what doesn't, they are listening to the community now more then ever which is great. just listening to guy talk in interviews shows the amount of time and effort he puts into this game, a complete 180 from the "you think you do but you dont" approach.
    And Kaplan was responsible for the "hybrid tax" and the idea that warriors could only tank back in vanilla and the playerbase hated him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    And Kaplan was responsible for the "hybrid tax" and the idea that warriors could only tank back in vanilla and the playerbase hated him for that.
    Most classes were well off in Wotlk, i would even say in Bc. Some classes didnt top the dps meter per say but brought other things like totems, blessings, mana regen, and on and on and on. as suppose to all classes being a copy paste of of abilities just with different names.

Most classes were well off in Wotlk, i would even say in Bc. Some classes didnt top the dps meter per say but brought other things like totems, blessings, mana regen, and on and on and on. as suppose to all classes being a copy paste of of abilities just with different names.
    Classes these days are so homogonized that I'm not even sure why they're still sticking with such an outdated concept. "Class Fantasy" failed miserably, creating more problems than it solved. They should just ditch static classes and move to a massive Talent maze like Path of Exile. Your "class" would just your starting point on the maze, and you progress through it like you do with Artifacts.

Ghostcrawler was never lead dev. he was lead CLASS dev, and to him you owe the misery of homogenized classes from cata to WoD.
    No, he wasn't. He was the Systems Lead. His own description:

He described his role at Blizzard as, "Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest, PvP or encounter design. My team handles everything from mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design."

The class team worked under him. He hired Celestalon and Holinka. Yes, he gets the blame for okaying the changes, but he was a manager, not and actual coder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    No, he wasn't. He was the Systems Lead. His own description:

He described his role at Blizzard as, "Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest, PvP or encounter design. My team handles everything from mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design."

The class team worked under him. He hired Celestalon and Holinka. Yes, he gets the blame for okaying the changes, but he was a manager, not and actual coder.
    At a higher level--and I've never understood completely why people never say this--it's Chilton who was in charge. He was GC's boss. I suppose people never say much about him because he never much says anything. We are very good at shooting at messengers and allowing those with true responsibility to get quietly away.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-05-14 at 01:42 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Enhancement's 11-button priority queue rotation while only amounting to a "Windfury totem" would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    And yet he was hated at the time when he was the lead-dev. Just like Chilton and Ghostcrawler.
    People are going to hate whoever the lead-dev is, because people are a bunch of sooks who love to play the blame-game, they can't see the good and only focus on the bad.

It's quite sad.

People forget to notice that they change, they get busy, grow up, have less time to play WoW, or lose interest, it's natural, it happens. It doesn't mean the game is at fault, a lot of the time it's simply a person growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They went to Wildstar. And look how that turned out.
    haHAA

That was the one that was f2p after less than a year? Or was that SWTOR or one of the other "WoW killers" ? I forget.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    People are going to hate whoever the lead-dev is, because people are a bunch of sooks who love to play the blame-game, they can't see the good and only focus on the bad.

It's quite sad.

People forget to notice that they change, they get busy, grow up, have less time to play WoW, or lose interest, it's natural, it happens. It doesn't mean the game is at fault, a lot of the time it's simply a person growing up.
    not 100% true, ghostcrawler is still to this day the person that did the most damage to the game, he was the one that shoved the whole "bring the player not the class" philosophy down everyone throat which quickly turned into just "bring the player" the one that influenced the addition of the countless amounts of different difficulties for raid dungeons to make everything "accessible". Its hard to understand the game was at 13milion + subs when raiding wasnt "accessible" but subs are lower now that it is.... i guess the game is getting "older" and no one wants to play... haha what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I'm suprised it hasn't collapsed under the weight of its own stupidity yet.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Wonder if any of them are even still there....

13 Years later, I wonder what they think of the game WoW has become.

Ya, their blank faces sure do look "passionate"
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore