Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    This is a forum, for christ sake. If you want a place where people do not speculate/ask/discuss stuff, this might not be the place for you.
    Just because there is no definitive answer, doesn't mean a topic isn't worth discussing.

If you don't care about it, good for you. Apperantly enough people in here do.
    There's only one possible answer to the hypothetical you posed. Your inability to accept that answer isn't grounds for "discussion." You're just wasting everybody's time.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There's only one possible answer to the hypothetical you posed. Your inability to accept that answer isn't grounds for "discussion." You're just wasting everybody's time.
    Apperantly I've been talking to myself then for the last 3 pages. Okay, sure, glad that got cleared up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    That's actually backwards. The pre-alpha maps didn't have Thal'dranath, but the Blizzcon map did, and Blizzard said that they were adding Thal'dranath as a patch zone during the Blizzcon Q&A. They later changed their minds on it.
    Blizzcon is pre-alpha. Alpha launched like 5 months after Blizzcon. It was a blank non-textured piece of land in Alpha when it was first launched. Shortly after the entire island disappeared.

Here was the Q&A from 2015. It wasn't mentioned even once. It was only on the early map. http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/07/bl...t-qa-liveblog/

It was never announced as anything. It was only clarified it would've been future patch content during beta after they had scrapped the idea for something cooler. Blizzard never would've said anything had the entire internet exploded over it going poof from Alpha.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2017-05-14 at 01:05 AM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Argus I would imagine.

Path of the Titans is gonna be so awesome u guize!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzcon is pre-alpha. Alpha launched like 5 months after Blizzcon. It was a blank non-textured piece of land in Alpha when it was first launched. Shortly after the entire island disappeared.

Here was the Q&A from 2015. It wasn't mentioned even once. It was only on the early map. http://massivelyop.com/2015/11/07/bl...t-qa-liveblog/

It was never announced as anything. It was only clarified it would've been future patch content during beta after they had scrapped the idea for something cooler. Blizzard never would've said anything had the entire internet exploded over it going poof from Alpha.
    Yes, Blizzcon was pre-alpha too, sorry. I meant that Thal'dranath wasn't on the first map we got to see. However, it was on the Blizzcon map after that, and there was a lot of discussion about them adding it to the map when it was shown, and Blizzard clarified in a Q&A (might not have been the Blizzcon Q&A, but it was pretty soon afterward if not) that it was going to be patch content. Then alpha came out, the island remained a flat, blank area for a while, and then it was removed and Blizzard said it was being replaced with something better. There was a lot of threads here about it for a while and a lot of outrage when it was removed, because it was announced as patch content and people thought it was being cut before Blizzard announced Argus. Sorry if you missed all of that, but it did happen.

The direction of the story likely shifted during development, and they either turned the Broken Shore into the hub it is today or moved where Argus was intended to arrive in the plot (if at all).

Otherwise, the only answer could possibly be "a later patch" or "nothing at all."

What if Thal'dranath will be a island risen by naga/og guys and leads us into the next exp.
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla

Hey there,

we've known for a while that Thal'Dranath, an island west of Stormheim, got scrapped during development. Since it was as big as a normal zone, it's safe to assume that it was going to be the center of a big content patch.

The reasoning for the removal was "We replaced it with something that's not another isles with elven ruins"

That was almost a year ago. With Patch 7.2 being released and 7.3 to be confirmed as Argus, I can't wrap my head around this "replacing" argument. Both Argus and the Broken Shore seemed to be safe bets for content from the get go, so I don't think they meant either of those options when talking about the replacement. But there was always that one content patch, that slightly shifted away from the main baddie of the expansion. ( Very slightly! )
    Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, that sort of thing. Thal'dranath would have fit perfectly in there, I think. But since Argus seems to be very final for Legion, I doubt we're going to see this "replacement" at all.

Am I missing something here?
    Oh my god let it go already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    What is it with Blizzard and always showing some god forsaken island on a map for the new expansion. Then cutting it out which in turn creates a shit storm.
    No the players create the "shit storms". Don't put this on Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    TD was not BS, BS was already completed when TD was still on the map. TD most likely became Argus or Argus related.

- - - Updated - - -

People that actually wanted to go to Farahlon, the people that enjoy the lore, those are the people that were upset.
    Good job completely missing the point. We knew NOTHING of what Farahlon might have been and some players decided to hype it up with conjecture and rumor and then when it doesn't happen somehow that is Blizzard's fault. Knowing this community if they had actually gotten Farahlon they likely would have done nothing but bitch and whine incessantly about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    Wait, are you claiming that Blizzard made a claim and then didn't deliver?

I don't believe it.
    What claim? All this outrage and bitching is based on a god damn map from literally years ago at this point. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Argus. They already stated this.
    Doesn't matter. Once the QQers decide on a narrative they have little interest in actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Nope, Argus. Broken Shore was always meant to be in because of Tomb of Sargeras and our initial defeat there.

- - - Updated - - -

Things getting cut is not ok. It means they are lazy and are breaking their promise. Thal'dranath didn't really get cut, it gets replaced. Replacing things is ok, because people still get the same amount of content.
    I'm going to tell you something that's going to shatter your reality about the gaming world: Just about every game has content cut from it. Most of it is cut before it's even shown. Shocking, I know, but most times developers are a bit overly ambitious or something just isn't panning out the way they wanted to.

Also, in the case of Thal'dranath isn't it actually good that they bailed on having another Zone devoted entirely to an elven city/ruins? I mean, WoD went to complete shit because people bitched endlessly about "Orc Fatigue" so they ended up scrapping their original plans and shoehorned Demons and Gul'Dan in as the main threat of WoD.

Consensus seems to be Argus, instead of doing Thal, then ending the expansion with Tomb.

So better question at this point: what would Thal'dranath have included? Typical midtier island and raid? But what would the raid be.

Tbh I thought it was gonna be like a new Ashran but have no idea who came up with that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Good job completely missing the point. We knew NOTHING of what Farahlon might have been and some players decided to hype it up with conjecture and rumor and then when it doesn't happen somehow that is Blizzard's fault. Knowing this community if they had actually gotten Farahlon they likely would have done nothing but bitch and whine incessantly about it.
    I recall seeing from beta that there were more Laughing Skull there. Considering WoD lacked a middle tier maybe it could've been WoD's Isle of Thunder, but yeah who knows. True people likely would've bitched anyway lol. And I don't really know that we needed more of WoD...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrosis View Post
    I'm going to tell you something that's going to shatter your reality about the gaming world: Just about every game has content cut from it. Most of it is cut before it's even shown. Shocking, I know, but most times developers are a bit overly ambitious or something just isn't panning out the way they wanted to.

Also, in the case of Thal'dranath isn't it actually good that they bailed on having another Zone devoted entirely to an elven city/ruins? I mean, WoD went to complete shit because people bitched endlessly about "Orc Fatigue" so they ended up scrapping their original plans and shoehorned Demons and Gul'Dan in as the main threat of WoD.
    To be fair, most of the Tomb of Sargeras raid is Elven ruins
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    To be fair, most of the Tomb of Sargeras raid is Elven ruins
    That's true, and probably yet another reason why it's for the better that Thal'dranath was canned.

Oh my god let it go already.

- - - Updated - - -

No the players create the "shit storms". Don't put this on Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What claim? All this outrage and bitching is based on a god damn map from literally years ago at this point. Get a fucking grip.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't matter. Once the QQers decide on a narrative they have little interest in actual facts.
    Not me missing the point here it seems, sorry. I wasn't attacking your thought just adding to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    What lore? They literally never said anything about Farahlon other than that it was a place.
    Good eye, that would be the point of my comment. It merely existed as a name and place for a long time.

You saw I quoted someone, right? Because I think you're missing the context of my reply.
    Someone: "Blizzard replaced TD with nothing"
    I reply: "OH MY GOD, BLIZZARD CLAIMED THEY'D REPLACE IT WITH SOMETHING AND DIDN'T? THEY NEVER GO BACK ON THEIR STATEMENTS THOUGH!!!" (Sarcasm.)

Good chat though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

So many people saying broken shore but it's clearly Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    So many people saying broken shore but it's clearly Argus.
    I doubt something as hugely important as Argus was just thrown in instead of being incredibly planned.

I don't believe they scrapped it for Argus. Argus seems like something that's pretty much set in stone and not just something you come up with while looking for a replacement for an island.
    I'm not 100% sure... I mean they might have scrapped the original idea for both Thal and the Broken Shore for Argus. Maybe they figured that they really needed a lot of time to work on Argus to make it exciting. It could be why the Broken Shore is so lackluster as well. Possibility that the Broken Shore was never meant to be a quest hub like it is right now and would have just been something alongside the island in order to breach the Tomb. If you think about the buildings we repair then it makes sense as well. They were the ruins of elven structures. Not saying that elf ruins wouldn't exist on the Broken Shore but that place is abysmal and nearly 100% destroyed. Wouldn't it make much more sense to visit Thal and find the buildings there and set up a base of operations to assault the Broken Shore?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Consensus seems to be Argus, instead of doing Thal, then ending the expansion with Tomb.

So better question at this point: what would Thal'dranath have included? Typical midtier island and raid? But what would the raid be.
    My guess is that Broken Shore and Thal were going to go hand in hand where Thal would be our base of operations with which to assault the Broken Shore. It makes sense when you consider that the buildings we rebuild constantly are the ruins of elven structures. Probably wanted a big ambitious patch and then realized that Argus needed to be really cool or else we'd all rage really hard and that they needed to refocus their efforts and zone design on Argus and not some silly island.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It means they are lazy and are breaking their promise.
    Incorrect, but ok.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe they scrapped it for Argus. Argus seems like something that's pretty much set in stone and not just something you come up with while looking for a replacement for an island.
    They scrapped it for time, like many developers do with things, some things just don't get past the production line.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..