Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    What is it with Blizzard and always showing some god forsaken island on a map for the new expansion. Then cutting it out which in turn creates a shit storm.
    Or you could ask what it is with the players who create said storm.
    Early concepts or previews are just that - EARLY.
    And therefore very prone to change.
    The problem is those who opt to see something as a promise when it was far from that.

Do not make assumptions or get heavily invested in something without concrete evidence of substantial development behind it.
    Even then, the repurposing of Titan dhows solid development doesn't ensure anything.

The game will change, plans will change, and it will not always be in a way I like.
    It often has not been to my liking, as well as being so in some ways.
    Thats just the way it is.
    I am not a developer for it, I am only one of many players who like everyone else is not going to get their way all the time.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-14 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Most likely Argus.

7+ Year Old Account
    Argus.

Broken Shore IS an old elven island, but with lots of green shit all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I doubt something as hugely important as Argus was just thrown in instead of being incredibly planned.
    Define "thrown in" the legion announcement map on the day they announced the expansion on the website didn't have ThalDranath on it that was August 6 2015, which will be more that two years before the release of Argus.

If you consider two years of development time "throwing" something in ... then sure, it was "thrown" in.

Here is an archive of the blizzard website from august 2015 full site --- Just the map Thal'dranath isn't on that map from the day of the announcement.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-05-14 at 08:11 AM.

It's not like Thal'dranath had any planning done anyway. It literally was just a name on a map.

They didn't talk about it at all during Gamescom or Blizzcon

Since there seem to be a few people that think this is another thred to shit on Blizzard - No, it is not. As I've said already, I don't care wheter things get cut or not. Even if those things have been announced already.

This is just to speculate/guess what was changed to remove Thal'dranath - which most people in here understood, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Farahlon wasn't a stupid idea. Your argument is invalid.
    That's a bit of a non-sequitur you have there.

For one, i didn't say Farahlon is stupid. Then you just made a claim with no supporting arguments that isn't even predicated on the first part.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a spot on a work-in-progress map and that's all that anyone who doesn't work for Blizzard really knows about it with respect to development. No one has any idea of what was intended for it, if anything. Not really much of a 'scrap' if there wasn't a lot of work done for it.

But people literally go nuts because an out-of-date version of a map makes into Afrasiabi's PowerPoint presentation. Whether or not it was replaced with something kind of depends on whether or not it ever really existed in the design at all.

Designers make multiple versions of maps all the time; coders make little loops of code as experiments. Most of it never gets into the final release of the game.

Beethoven wrote a couple of dozen different endings for his 5th symphony before picking the one he liked the best.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-05-14 at 10:09 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Things get cut. It happens. It's only a big deal because people make it one.
    I don't mind things getting cut from the game, it does happen like you say. But it's slighty more annoying when the blizz con before launch they are advertising the expac and they highlight that area as a zone

Nothing. It was scrapped.

Who said Argus was planned?

They cut Thal'dranath and announced Argus, so it's safe to say that they replaced it with Argus.

And Argus is much cooler ..

Considering Blizzard's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if Argus gets scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Define "thrown in" the legion announcement map on the day they announced the expansion on the website didn't have ThalDranath on it that was August 6 2015, which will be more that two years before the release of Argus.

If you consider two years of development time "throwing" something in ... then sure, it was "thrown" in.

Here is an archive of the blizzard website from august 2015 full site --- Just the map Thal'dranath isn't on that map from the day of the announcement.
    Who are you trying to fool? I watched the Gamescom announcement, and the island that was to be TD was on the full reveal.

P.S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WIEl4hRvA

Scroll to 13:42... TD was in the works in the early Alpha, and before the launch at last year's BlizzCon, it was replaced by Argus and/or scrapped altogether.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-05-14 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or you could ask what it is with the players who create said storm.
    Early concepts or previews are just that - EARLY.
    And therefore very prone to change.
    The problem is those who opt to see something as a promise when it was far from that.

Do not make assumptions or get heavily invested in something without concrete evidence of substantial development behind it.
    Even then, the repurposing of Titan dhows solid development doesn't ensure anything.

The game will change, plans will change, and it will not always be in a way I like.
    It often has not been to my liking, as well as being so in some ways.
    Thats just the way it is.
    I am not a developer for it, I am only one of many players who like everyone else is not going to get their way all the time.
    I've always disagreed with this standpoint. I mean, Blizzard is showing things off at Blizzcon, which is basically one big fat advertisement for their stuff. Even though Thal'Dranath wasn't emphasised, it was there. Blizzard is showing things with the specific purpose to generate hype and interest. I don't think it's fair for them to just get a free pass because "development reasons".

If something isn't ready then maybe they should just not show it. And while I understand that things can change during the process, I don't think developers should just get to effectively say "Deal with it".

Players have to be accountable for their decisions with things like pre-ordering and begin a responsible consumer. But game companies should also be held accountable for their actions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I've always disagreed with this standpoint. I mean, Blizzard is showing things off at Blizzcon, which is basically one big fat advertisement for their stuff. Even though Thal'Dranath wasn't emphasised, it was there. Blizzard is showing things with the specific purpose to generate hype and interest. I don't think it's fair for them to just get a free pass because "development reasons".

If something isn't ready then maybe they should just not show it. And while I understand that things can change during the process, I don't think developers should just get to effectively say "Deal with it".

Players have to be accountable for their decisions with things like pre-ordering and begin a responsible consumer. But game companies should also be held accountable for their actions as well.
    That's not how blizzard works, if anyone watched blizzcon during the announcement of D3 or were there to try out the arenas you would know that Blizz can change whatever you're seeing on the big screen or at the booths. PvP was added like a year after D3's release and was not even the promised arenas that was advertised on the physical box.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Since there seem to be a few people that think this is another thred to shit on Blizzard - No, it is not. As I've said already, I don't care wheter things get cut or not. Even if those things have been announced already.

This is just to speculate/guess what was changed to remove Thal'dranath - which most people in here understood, thankfully.
    Yes, and people already said it was Argus based on what we know, but you keep pushing "it's not Argus, lets keep speculating based on nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Who are you trying to fool? I watched the Gamescom announcement, and the island that was to be TD was on the full reveal.

P.S. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1WIEl4hRvA

Scroll to 13:42... TD was in the works in the early Alpha, and before the launch at last year's BlizzCon, it was replaced by Argus and/or scrapped altogether.
    Did you read at all or no? Also click the links.

I never said they didn't show it at gamescom or blizzcon, I'm saying the map they showed on the website the day the game was revealed didn't have thaldranath on it. You linked to something I didn't talk about to prove a point? That's a strawman plain and simple.

Those presentations were probably made before they made the change and it was an accidental oversight, why else would they have a different map on the website?

I'll make it easier for you so you can look less foolish next time you respond to me. SITE -- MAP

Being smug while being blatantly wrong is the worst possible character trait a human can have.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2017-05-14 at 01:50 PM.

Who cares? We knew nothing about that place except it's name.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, and people already said it was Argus based on what we know, but you keep pushing "it's not Argus, lets keep speculating based on nothing".
    Yes, there are also a lot of people who say something else than Argus. I also never said that it is definitely not Argus. I just said I that I think it's weird. But let's twist words, that sounds like more fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    ocean. blizzard doesnt care this game.