Poll: Which Dungeons and 1 Raid would you want for Classic Timewalking?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    None, I'm tired of reusing content tbh.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, but a timewalking version of that is not the original. Even the 10 year MC wasn't close to the original MC..and still a clusterfuck
    Yes but that's because blizzard's overall design philosophy has changed, rather drastically... If they went back to say, WotLK era design philosophy, it would probly be an enjoyable experience... Also I think the game overall would be better off if they still operated under WotLK's design philosophy, but that's just me... I felt it struck the perfect balance between catering to hardcore and casual. Also the "class fantasy" was far, far better back then, despite all their attempts to fantasy the fuck out of the classes right now they missed their target by a lot, "class fantasy" feels the worst it's ever been right now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-13 at 11:06 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Why not have ALL of them on rotating schedule just like current Timewalking dungeons? o_O

Deleted
    I hope they add all the raids eventually, I really want to do Karazhan at 110.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    None, I'm tired of reusing content tbh.
    I am not, I DEMAND KARAZHAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Senile View Post
    Hey now, let's not forget old ZG as a raid option, that would be neat.
    Old ZG was harder than pretty much any modern raid. That haakar boss fight was nuts. (1) 2 tanks had to pick up aggro because theyd get mortal strike so both tanks had to keep near equal aggro to peel off each other. (2) haakar would spit a DoT on people with AoE so the whole raid had to space out. (3) a hunter was assigned serpent duty. Every once in a while, the hunter had to go downstairs and aggro a serpent and bring it up to the fight (4) at the CORRECT time, we had to dps down and kill that serpent, not too early & not too late because on death the serpent released a poison cloud that lasted a short while. (5) haakar would blood drain the entire raid & the counter was to stand in that poison cloud left by the serpent. If he was allowed to blood drain more than a couple people it was a wipe because hed heal too much. (5) once the blood drain was over wed all have to space back out again. (6) the fite was designed to that healers wouod OOM unless you totally outgeared the fite so make sure innervate is around.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    OH MY, can't wait, bosses with 2 abilities, and sometimes 3!!! (one is dispel the fear/stun, one is interrupt), vanilla raiding was so cool.

/sarcasm

Nothing. Vanilla dungeons absolutely suck from today's perspective. There's really no need to bring any of that back.
    I think Dire Maul deserves a revamp. Karazhan-style. But other that that ... nah. The old stuff just doesn't hold up to the standards of the current game.

I really liked aq20 and would like to see it as the timewalking raid. As far dungeons, stratholme, old scholomance and ubrs would be sweet as they all bring back fond memories.

To be honest, with the attempts of making everything relevant when it comes to Legion content, it would be interesting to expand and start making every dungeon and raid similar to mythic+ system.

Yay we did aq20 +15, blabla rewards.

Not a god damn thing.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Original Naxx, comeplete with it's item drops.

The original Scholo, Sunken Temple, BRD and MAYBE BRS (upper and lower as they were and still are one dungeon)

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Old ZG was harder than pretty much any modern raid. That haakar boss fight was nuts.
    And yet we PUGed ZG :-). I don't see a problem, Hakkar wasn't any more nuts than current bosses. He also used mind control btw.

I imagine this would be done is to try to placate the people who want a vanilla server. The problem is, the reason vanilla wow was so much better is NOT because of its raids and dungeons, but because it had a vibrant in-game community. So this exercise is missing the entire point. Its bringing back all the things from vanilla WoW EXCEPT the thing that made it special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    And yet we PUGed ZG :-). I don't see a problem, Hakkar wasn't any more nuts than current bosses. He also used mind control btw.
    Well the thing is, ZG was released as a middle tier raid. If you were an experienced raider, you might outgear ZG when it was released. Or at least some people in your raid might outgear it (especially if it was pugged). Pugging it would make it easier. I went in with a group that actually needed the gear though.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I like just about all of the vanilla dungeons quite a bit but I don't like any of the vanilla raids much.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see them doing two raids from each era and having them on a rotation:

Classic:
    - Classic Naxxramas with t3 and maybe the protodrake you can buy from the BMAH as rare drops?
    - Classic Zul Gurub with tiger and raptor as rare drops

BC:
    - Black Temple with glaive transmog for demonhunters
    - Sunwell with bow transmog for hunters

WotLK:
    - Ulduar with Valanyr transmog for healer classes
    - ICC with Shadowmourne transmog for DK's

Cata:
    - Firelands with Taregcosa's Wrath transmog for mages
    - Dragonsoul with dagger transmog for rogues

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Deleted
    The Original:
    Deathmines
    Shadowfang keep
    SM: Kathedral
    Zul'farrak
    UBRS
    Scholomance/Stratholme

and as Raid: AQ40

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    OH MY, can't wait, bosses with 2 abilities, and sometimes 3!!! (one is dispel the fear/stun, one is interrupt), vanilla raiding was so cool.

/sarcasm
    ...and yet few completed it, and by few I mean less than 1%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    ...and yet few completed it, and by few I mean less than 1%.
    Not because was hard to the boss abilities. In the current wow this will be worse than the MoltenCore event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Just like in Classic...they wouldn't play them?

Not like every single player of Classic was constantly hanging out there, punishing themselves in UBRS, LBRS etc. Just don't pretend Classic WoW had this awesome hardcore player base that ate up every challenge.

Naxx 40 participation / clear was pathetically low.
    part of the reason for naxx 40 participation being so low wasn't due to the raids overall difficulty level, not even slightly, there were easy loot pinata bosses in there, the reason the raid had such a low participation rate and subsequent clear rate was due in part to some of the boss mechanics requiring specific group setups which for 40 man raiding guilds was, outside the top end of the top end, nigh impossible to get, add to the fact the gear requirements of shadow/frost resist gear being needed before even zoning in nevermind the 'att he time' extremely expensive attunement quest being significant barriers to entry for many and the fact it was released very close to TBC release making guilds look at it and go 'fuck it why bother lets just wait it out and clear it with no challenge when we are 70'.

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    Not because was hard to the boss abilities.
    Of course not, it was that single mysterious reason that nobody can quite put there finger on but we're all certain it was to blame, nothing to do with difficulty obviously.