Finally finished it on my first Ryder (mainly an Infiltrator with 2ndary Sentinel and Engineer profiles build around handling large groups through extensive use of explosions and CC, 4th profile was an explorer with backlash and other abilities focused on getting my ass out of fire if I got into a bad situation)

That was a fantastic ride and i adore this game. I certainly hope all this rubbish blows over in time. This game was a good experience and I love a lot of the chars. Look forward to the sequel in 3-5 years time. There's so much to explore and find out. Especially given the advancements the Helius cluster will make given the ending

My 2nd Ryder will be the brother, who i'll play more aloof and serious with a primarily biotic skill set, same with profiles since there are a lot of biotic abilities and ways to ideally combine them. Vanguard-
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-05-13 at 03:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The reapers only care for the solution of their problem though, they already had their perfected petri dish with the milky way Galaxy, so why would they bother to expand to another one?
    We still don't know how exactly they were programmed. Perhaps they eventually planned to start harvesting Andromedan civilizations as well, it just never promised to cover the expenses - but since the Milky Way civilizations are willing to start colonization by their own means, there really is no harm for the Reapers to allow it and to use it for their gain.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    See but I playing it like a cowboy ONLY have the pistol. And often when going around planets some outposts have just enough enemies to use up the fairly limited pistol ammo (even with a clip mod and soldier skills to increase size) and then you'll run into the next base that has a few enemies a quest item but no ammo box.

So yea I KNOW i'm playing it in a limited way. So it may not be a great mod on paper for most, but when you play in an intentionally limited way it's a nice little ease of life mod.
    Well, pistols are light, so you can easily carry 4 pistols with no power recharge penalty. That said, yes, I'd say heat sinks work pretty well on many pistols/SMGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    We still don't know how exactly they were programmed. Perhaps they eventually planned to start harvesting Andromedan civilizations as well, it just never promised to cover the expenses - but since the Milky Way civilizations are willing to start colonization by their own means, there really is no harm for the Reapers to allow it and to use it for their gain.

Well, pistols are light, so you can easily carry 4 pistols with no power recharge penalty. That said, yes, I'd say heat sinks work pretty well on many pistols/SMGs.
    I wdo wonder if the issues the final ark is facing is related to the reapers, since they left much later.

And I am so tempted to try a pistols only pathfinder. There are a variety of pistols between regular, burst, auto and shotgun

I'm having a hard time staying interested in this game, I'm on the new aliens ice planet and I could give a shit about their planets, their story or even their very existence. Least interesting alien race ever. The research and crafting system is shitty, too many options for me to care about working through and no defined way of collecting resources.
    The older games had a great story, battles were interesting and had specific designs, all of Andromeda areas seem bland and repetitive.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Mass Effect is not getting killed, is being put on stand-by, probably until Bioware pulls its shit together =/ Montreal studio made some great DLC’s, but they clearly don’t have what it takes to handle a project as big as this one by themselves, thus why they are being turned back into just a support studio, the game got delayed and after a month of its release they are still trying to sort out the damn animations… in many ways the game was a step back from the previous titles, and that’s not the way it should be heading to.
    If you consider Omega DLC great, i think we played two diffrent games though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm having a hard time staying interested in this game, I'm on the new aliens ice planet and I could give a shit about their planets, their story or even their very existence. Least interesting alien race ever. The research and crafting system is shitty, too many options for me to care about working through and no defined way of collecting resources.
    The older games had a great story, battles were interesting and had specific designs, all of Andromeda areas seem bland and repetitive.
    I think it's because you are getting thrown useless sidequest shit at your face, the sidestories are super uninteresting and the whole "planet open world" thing is just wasted space.

Couldn't care less about that perma-scanning and random encounters.

just as horrible (if not worse) than DA:I. Last bioware game for me.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-14 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A total disappointment for me.
    The story is laughable, the Mass effect universe delivered in 2017 could have been so much better.
    Audio (music, environment sounds, voices, gun sounds ): mediocre.
    Video (graphics and model quality, art style -range of colors, the art, the way the shapes are used): mediocre at best!

IMO they went for 'the cheap good enough option'.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I think it's because you are getting thrown useless sidequest shit at your face, the sidestories are super uninteresting and the whole "planet open world" thing is just wasted space.
    What are you talking about? Side stories are more interesting than the main story. Are you confusing Tasks with Side stories?

There are these categories of quests:

1. Priority - Main story
    2. Friends and Personal - Loyalty missions
    3. Heleus - Side stories
    4. Tasks - repetitive boring grind DAI style

1-3 are good interesting stories. 2 are the best, 1 and 3 are fighting for the 2nd spot. 4 - is what you are talking about for whatever reason as nobody cares about Tasks here.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Whatever you think man.
    None of that shit is interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever you think man.
    None of that shit is interesting.
    How would you even know? Clearly you haven't experienced it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    I have no clue why you believe sidequests aren't sidestories.... just so it fits your view?
    I don't even get what the fuck you want from me or how your first statement is even related to mine.

I've made myself very clear what I dislike about the game.

Just because I didn't like it means I haven't experienced it?
    Oh please.

The game is bad, face it. I bought it for the combat system - but even that turned out to be mediocre. Especially that "new" cover-system which is unresponsive half of the time and doesn't even change camera/character position when I move left/right behind cover to corner peek.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-14 at 11:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The game is bad, face it. I bought it for the combat system - but even that turned out to be mediocre. Especially that "new" cover-system which is unresponsive half of the time and doesn't even change camera/character position when I move left/right behind cover to corner peek.
    The cover system is hardly unresponsive. It is nothing like the the past games is less cover then it is crouching behind objects. The combat in Andromeda is not based around a cover system but instead a mobility system. You jump and dodge around a 3d space using objects to cover you temporarily. It isn't like the past games where you almost solely used cover.

You can also manually change shoulder orientation of the camera at any time. Automatic switch could get annoying at times in my opinion. On PC it is default ALT.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no clue why you believe sidequests aren't sidestories.... just so it fits your view?
    I don't even get what the fuck you want from me or how your first statement is even related to mine.

I've made myself very clear what I dislike about the game.

Just because I didn't like it means I haven't experienced it?
    Oh please.

You can't even tell a task from a story.
    You said that non of that shit is interesting, which is obviously is just your opinion and doesn't mean that the game is bad. Just that you personally didn't like it. Big deal. Deal with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The cover system is hardly unresponsive. It is nothing like the the past games is less cover then it is crouching behind objects. The combat in Andromeda is not based around a cover system but instead a mobility system. You jump and dodge around a 3d space using objects to cover you temporarily. It isn't like the past games where you almost solely used cover.

You can also manually change shoulder orientation of the camera at any time. Automatic switch could get annoying at times in my opinion. On PC it is default ALT.
    The extra button press is what's annoying about it (the old games and other games of the same genre can handle it just fine without), and no amount of mobility helps until you spec into the combat-regeneration thingy. It's basically a requirement to survive a fire fight in this game without cover - at least early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You can't even tell a task from a story.
    You said that non of that shit is interesting, which is obviously is just your opinion and doesn't mean that the game is bad. Just that you personally didn't like it. Big deal. Deal with it.
    Haha, just because you say sidequests are "tasks" in your world, doesn't mean they aren't sidequests you dimwit.
    They are sidequests with sidestories no matter how you look at it. On top of that, even if they aren't, how is them being "tasks" an excuse? If you more or less 100% it, you are probably doing tasks more than 75% of the time. Meaning 3/4 of the game is trash.

And you are right, my opinion alone does indeed not matter, the thing is, I'm not alone with that one.
    Quite honestly, if you enjoyed that garbage, I can't help but belittle you.

On a side note, I'm actually dealing with it - the game ended around 10-15h in for me and bioware is now one of my least favored game studios - that's how I dealt with it, it seems you have a problem with me badmouthing it though, so how about you eat your own words?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-14 at 02:43 PM.

Really liking the MP updates, played for a couple hours with some random guns I liked, but we're lacking before update. Feels good

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, just because you say sidequests are "tasks" in your world, doesn't mean they aren't sidequests you dimwit.
    They are called TASKS in the GAME, YOU dimwit. They even have "TASK:" in their name to DIFFERENTIATE them from NORMAL quests. Because you do not NEED to do them.

And you are right, my opinion alone does indeed not matter, the thing is, I'm not alone with that one.
    It doesn't matter how many people didn't like the game, unless it's all of us.

On a side note, I'm actually dealing with it - the game ended around 10-15h
    I was right then, you didn't experience any side stories, not to mention the main story. Did you even get off Eos?

15+ Year Old Account
    The extra button press is what's annoying about it (the old games and other games of the same genre can handle it just fine without), and no amount of mobility helps until you spec into the combat-regeneration thingy. It's basically a requirement to survive a fire fight in this game without cover - at least early on.
    You don't need to spec into regeneration anything to survive being mobile in Andromeda. There is a difference between being a bullet sponge and being mobile in Andromeda.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

After stopping for a few weeks out of boredom I picked it up again and finished it. Well, it didn't get much better. The story is pretty boring and most of the quests are busy work. They have some nice ideas, but they are usually buried under a mountain of tedious stuff. Felt a little like playing unmodded skyrim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    They are called TASKS in the GAME, YOU dimwit. They even have "TASK:" in their name to DIFFERENTIATE them from NORMAL quests. Because you do not NEED to do them.
    What the freaking difference?
    Having a questlog full of a trillion tasks that all have a little story to tell doesn't make it any better.
    That's exactly what I was saying, you fool.

It doesn't matter how many people didn't like the game, unless it's all of us.
    Okay "whatever you say man"

I was right then, you didn't experience any side stories, not to mention the main story. Did you even get off Eos?
    Yes and no. I established that outpost which did nothing and was supposed to go somewhere else, but I didn't care at that point anymore, because the game and storrytelling was trash and tedious up to that point and as mentioned before, the backtracking was real too and that "openworld" (lulz @ gated contamination)-stuff is extremely unappealing too.
    And how could I not experience the main story? Just because I didn't experience the whole thing doesn't mean I can't stop after 10 hours and say it's shit.
    I don't have to watch an entire 2h movie either if I dislike it 1 hour in.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You don't need to spec into regeneration anything to survive being mobile in Andromeda. There is a difference between being a bullet sponge and being mobile in Andromeda.
    You literally die in less than 3 seconds out of cover on harder difficulties without it. Dashing doesn't make you invulnerable either.
    You can either cheese the game by playing a biotic, or you use cover. Sustain or bust. (or sniper rifle lameass bs)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-14 at 04:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You literally die in less than 3 seconds out of cover on harder difficulties without it. Dashing doesn't make you invulnerable either.
    You can either cheese the game by playing a biotic, or you use cover. Sustain or bust. (or sniper rifle lameass bs)
    You don't literally die in 3 seconds. Yes you still have to make use of cover but you don't have to have combat regeneration talents to survive an encounter while moving about. The combat is not focused on staying in cover in one spot. But being mobile and moving from cover to cover, or not even using cover and just using the objects to block shots while you move back and forth.

If you are having that much trouble then switch to an infiltrator profile to get the dash cloak.