Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewhoknows View Post
    That's like, your opinion man.

And clearly, he's still right, since he won, and that just proves that people are as tired as him of plastic pop songs.

The only thing it proves is that people are easily swayed by a sob story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Well, I enjoyed Portugal's song. Also, I don't know who voted for us, but why would you. Spain wanted 0 points, damn you.
    It was Portugal that voted for you, who else would be?

I miss Terry Wogans sarcastic comments on this eurocheese contest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Sob story? He has a heart problem, like many millions around the world, boo fricking hoo. No one cared about it.

He won because it was a great song, full of feeling. His sister would also win with the song.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No he isn't, he started out with something that had merit and then botched it.
    Except that many world musicians are congratulating his words.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    People still watch Eurotrash?
    for ~ 60 years by now, why do you ask ? Australia ( some hours timezone away) watches it and by now attends for a reason: they love it !

/note to ourselves: yodeling is key now, summon the bavarians !
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-05-14 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    People still watch Eurotrash?
    How else would we get our daily does of triggers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Sob story? He has a heart problem, like many millions around the world, boo fricking hoo. No one cared about it.

He won because it was a great song, full of feeling. His sister would also win with the song..

Really, then why was it so necessary to tell everyone about it? Why did they have to remind everyone 10+ times about it?

If he was treated like any other musician there he would not have won, that's just a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, then why was it so necessary to tell everyone about it? Why did they have to remind everyone 10+ times about it?

If he was treated like any other musician there he would not have won, that's just a fact.
    Damn, I never thought I'd see people getting salty over Eurovision.

Can't we be happy that a song that resembles music actually won?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

I'm not salty, just dissapointed in the entire process. Don't call it a song festival when you don't award the people that actually SANG the best.

Plenty countries had much better singers, they didn't get their backstory told and thus nobody gave a shit.

Deleted

Because in case it was needed to substitute him, his sister would take his place with the same song. It would be the same with any other country.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not salty, just dissapointed in the entire process. Don't call it a song festival when you don't award the people that actually SANG the best.
    He sang the best, he won the best interpretation (and his sister the best song) even before the Eurovision started. Then he won the jury (unless you are telling that the jury also voted for a soppy reason).
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-05-14 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because in case it was needed to substitute him, his sister would take his place with the same song. It would be the same with any other country.
    So you're saying, just IN CASE he needed to be replaced, EVERYONE in the world needed to know about his heart?? Sure is convenient...

He sang the best, he won the best interpretation (and his sister the best song) even before the Eurovision started. Then he won the jury.
    You're right, he won the jury and that's all you need. Shame it wasn't due to his singing though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post

I mean, Eurovision is called "Eurotrash" for years, a great different song wins and it's because the "background".

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying, just IN CASE he needed to be replaced, EVERYONE in the world needed to know about his heart?? Sure is convenient...
    By "EVERYONE" you mean the Eurovision organization? Sure. The rest is up to the media. I can garantee that the portuguese delegation actually gave two fucks about win or not.

Deleted
    It was Portugal that voted for you, who else would be?
    Boo, 0 points was the dream. But yeah, probably Portugal, they're sweethearts, really.

Deleted
    Would he have won had he sung yet another europop song? I don't think so. Also, that he has a "sob story" is debateable. Just check this http://wiwibloggs.com/2017/03/16/eur...h-news/181301/

Don't call it a song festival when you don't award the people that actually SANG the best.

Plenty countries had much better singers, they didn't get their backstory told and thus nobody gave a shit.
    As a singer myself, I have to say you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Salvador's singing is really interesting artistically and very polished technically. He is, by definition, an amazing singer, so much in fact that he managed to garner the attention and admiration of world class musicians like Caetano Veloso. You may not like his style, and that's absolutely fine, I can respect that. But calling him a subpar singer is just ignorant. What he does is a lot harder than just screaming your lungs out like most contestants try to do. The latter is something that just about everyone who is at least average at singing can do.

Also, even if that wasn't the case, just because you can sing well doesn't mean you have a good song that should be rewarded. Music ain't athletics.
    Last edited by mmoc2ebc293481; 2017-05-14 at 04:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a singer myself, I have to say you don't have any idea what you're talking about.
    Pretentious much? Not even gonna bother replying to any of the other crap you said.

Deleted
    Pretentious much? Not even gonna bother replying to any of the other crap you said.
    Good decision. That way, you won't pretend to be knowledgeable about something that you're not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good decision. That way, you won't pretend to be knowledgeable about something that you're not.
    Riiiight

Deleted
    Wasn't worth watching because it took place in the corrupt UKR, a disgrace of a country really.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Wasn't worth watching because it took place in the corrupt UKR, a disgrace of a country really.
    Since when has singing something to do with corruption yes/no ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Since when has singing something to do with corruption yes/no ?
    Watch the 2016 version to see what it has to do with it.