Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Night elf female demon hunter old model

Enjoy old models.

Even blizzard refuses to bring back old models. I'm doing it myself.

I am fixing blood elf old models too. I believe I will get succeed.

I've made a video in order to show you how it works.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-05-14 at 06:06 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    What an absurd waste of time.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    nice, i cant wait to look like shit
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

What is better with this than the new one? Just nostalgia? Because I believe if you show both models to anyone who hasn't played WoW, they will pick the new one. It's more detailed and general more pleasant to the eye.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    What is better with this than the new one? Just nostalgia? Because I believe if you show both models to anyone who hasn't played WoW, they will pick the new one. It's more detailed and general more pleasant to the eye.
    I've seen lots of people don't play legion since old models are gone. It is not nostalgic. Old models feel just better than new models for them.

I don't even play my blood elf characters because old models are gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I've seen lots of people don't play legion since old models are gone. It is not nostalgic. Old models are just better than new models for them.

I think it is nostalgia. They new ones are just outright better. They may not be perfect but they're still better.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think it is nostalgia. They new ones are just outright better. They may not be perfect but they're still better.
    It is not nostalgia. Stop this "you think you do but you don't" meme.

Also demon hunter old models are new. You have never seen night elf old models with demon hunters before. Stop saying something you haven't seen before is nostalgic.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-05-14 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For some races its better, for some races not so much. Like Gnomes were made way angrier, female dwarves were made skinnier and older looking.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

7+ Year Old Account
    Alright. I will upload a video to show how the demon hunter with old models look like. They are awesome Blizzard has done them while they are just lazy to make blood elves old models.
    I'm the first human being in the world besides blizzard seeing the night elf demon hunter old models.

- - - Updated - - -

Also recruit for fan boys helping me restore them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I've seen lots of people don't play legion since old models are gone. It is not nostalgic. Old models feel just better than new models for them.

Sounds like nostalgia to me if you can't make a better argument than "just feel better".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Sounds like nostalgia to me if you can't make a better argument than "just feel better".
    Demon hunter old models cant be "nostalgic" since no one has seen it before. DH new models are nostalgic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I play the game whatever I want. You are not blizzard and have zero reason to prevent me for doing anything to this game. I put my effort to restore these models because I love them. Also affect you NOTHING.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Did you add to the Model? IE add horns, claws, change its boning, or change its animations (movement or combat). No? Then this isn't a new model. A new skin, yes, but definitely not a new model.
    Wrong. These animations and horns claws for DH are what blizzard made last year. They are not old models. I personally don't even add anything to these models.

And this is nostalgia, like it or not. As it's playing to what people liked from before.
    This is not nostalgia, like it or not.

1.) Model editing is against the TOS. Doesn't matter if you've gotten away with it previously. This is modding the game in a way Blizzard didn't intend. This is not like an addon that modifies files Blizzard allows us to edit and only modifies the UI. This is modifying files Blizzard intentionally made difficult for most people to edit and modifies something that isn't the UI.

2.) It is nostalgia.
    a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations.
    You want the old models back because they looked better. That's longing for something that was in the past. That's nostalgia. No matter how you look at it, that's nostalgia. That's unchanged just because you want them for the DHs. We still had NEs and BEs before.

3.) Blizzard's going to cut support for the old models eventually. It's inevitable. Blizzard already took away the old model animations to use the new ones because it was just easier for them. How long before they get tired of having to place armor on not 2 bodies for nearly every race but 4? I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard starting to take shortcuts and use the new model body on old models when it comes to armor. It's hidden after all so who would notice? Then it's a matter of time before they just cut them entirely.

4.) I see you're from China so clearly you don't respect Blizzard in the US to be doing something like this. You also thus feel you can evade being sued over it because you are in a different country.

It's totally nostalgia what are you talking about? They "feel" better? Yeah a lot of people think the Vanilla models "feel" better too. Cuz nostalgia. It's nostalgic. And the bullshit about "nobody has seen old model DH before" just doesn't make any sense. It's literally Night Elf model with tattoos. That doesn't make it new you just added a new skin to the old model that people are nostalgic about.

So tired of all the dorks who convince themselves they prefer the old stuff. It's pure neurosis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    1.) Model editing is against the TOS. Doesn't matter if you've gotten away with it previously. This is modding the game in a way Blizzard didn't intend. This is not like an addon that modifies files Blizzard allows us to edit and only modifies the UI. This is modifying files Blizzard intentionally made difficult for most people to edit and modifies something that isn't the UI.
    Many people and I would be willing to take that risk. We don't even want to play this game w/o old models.

2.) It is nostalgia.

You want the old models back because they looked better. That's longing for something that was in the past. That's nostalgia. No matter how you look at it, that's nostalgia. That's unchanged just because you want them for the DHs. We still had NEs and BEs before.
    No. NE/BE old models are completely gone. They are not available for any class.

3.) Blizzard's going to cut support for the old models eventually. It's inevitable. Blizzard already took away the old model animations to use the new ones because it was just easier for them. How long before they get tired of having to place armor on not 2 bodies for nearly every race but 4? I wouldn't be surprised to see Blizzard starting to take shortcuts and use the new model body on old models when it comes to armor. It's hidden after all so who would notice? Then it's a matter of time before they just cut them entirely.
    They shouldn't waste their resources on new models at the first place. WoD fails because they waste their time on new models.
    4.) I see you're from China so clearly you don't respect Blizzard in the US to be doing something like this. You also thus feel you can evade being sued over it because you are in a different country.
    LOL.

Deleted
    I'd like to be able to be my old Undead Male with their casting animations, but instead we have no option but to use the new one. It's a shame they had to remove it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It's literally Night Elf model with tattoos. That doesn't make it new you just added a new skin to the old model that people are nostalgic about.
    Nope. I am uploading a video to show its animations too. They are not just literally NE models with tattoos.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-05-14 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the old models still not in game, you can just switch them on in the interface options.... or they remove that?
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-05-14 at 03:12 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OzCymru View Post
    I'd like to be able to be my old Undead Male with their casting animations, but instead we have no option but to use the new one. It's a shame they had to remove it.
    Don't worry. I will continue working on this project for restoring all old models/animations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Are the old models still not in game, you can just switch them int he interface options....
    Yeah. NE/BE old models are completely not able to use. My guess is they are just too lazy to convert their old blood elf model files from WoD formats to the new Legion formats.