Thread: Good car model

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    If you want a perpetual motion machine, go for Mercedes Benz E-class or Volvo V70. Those run 600k-1 million km easy.

Those are the best taxis for a reason.
    If I had more than 12 hours to shop for my new car, I would have bought another Volvo

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Still iffy about buying the 1998 pontiac sunfire, anyone know a better car for around 1.5-2.5k?
    The short answer is no, unless you're mechanically adept. $2500 around here buys you either a car with terribly high mileage, a rustbucket, or both.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Can't you just take a ferry to Estonia, buy car here and drive it in Finland with Estonian plates? When you need to do bi-yearly checkup just take ferry back here and do it within one day. It would be way cheaper.
    Nope, it's illegal. Might as well drive a stolen car. You need to reside in Estonia to even try it. And then there are those limits how long the car can be in the country (I think it's 180 days max) annually.

New cars here are slightly cheaper than in Germany, but old ones are more expensive.

Price comparison for base Opel Zafira model:
    - Estonia: 19.5k
    - Germany: 22k
    - Finland: 30k
    Yep, love those Finnish prices.

Also when it comes to cheap cars, there's kind of plateau where they all end up eventually so it evens out. Which is somewhere in the 1000-2000e range. Cars cheaper than that are either broken, going to get demolished or just not worth selling. The difference is just what you can get with 2k euros. In Finland with 2k you can get a piece of shit that barely runs, in Germany you can get a decent car.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for taking too long, but I had not found any cars better than that Pontiac. It seems everyone in your area drives American economy cars and beats them to nothing. The few cars that aren't, are just beaten to hell anyway. Either the trans is gone, or the engine has never had an oil change and it's gone, or the front bumper is just torn off altogether.

Still iffy about buying the 1998 pontiac sunfire, anyone know a better car for around 1.5-2.5k?
    Most of the things here are pretty solid: https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/mo...ntador-s-coupe

But that's a link to my favorite. A tickle more than your price, but worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Sorry for taking too long, but I had not found any cars better than that Pontiac. It seems everyone in your area drives American economy cars and beats them to nothing. The few cars that aren't, are just beaten to hell anyway. Either the trans is gone, or the engine has never had an oil change and it's gone, or the front bumper is just torn off altogether.
    So just buy it then?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

So just buy it then?
    I wouldn't under any circumstances.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I wouldn't under any circumstances.
    Idk what else to get, everything else is either too far away to go look at or its breaking down

- - - Updated - - -

I have issues just finding a ride to walmart for fucks sake lol
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I dunno what these guys are snorting, hondas cost more for parts that are widely available because people want them, american cars in general that are in your price bracket, garbage. I could come up with something comprehensive for you but here's what I really believe: get an old jeep like a yj or a tj. It's shit on gas, but who cares it's like lego and you can learn to fix everything on it with simple tools and the parts are fairly affordable.
    You won't ever remember that time you got 35 mpg or more, but you'll remember every damn day it was nice enough to pop the top and take your friends out in pretty much the only convertible out there that people don't assume you're a dbag in.
    And a honda ain't gonna take you those places. Ever.
    (inb4 Europeans say landloser, this is north america, why buy the second rate ripoff version that's less capable for more money? Leave it out)
    Besides, jeeps won a world war...nothing else can claim that.
    (inb4 some twit claims a soft top is too cold so on and so forth, I live in Canada, soft top 365 days a year, have it down plenty in the summer. Never been cold yet.)
    I have zero regret buying mine, it's been fantastic and taken me on a lot of adventures. 2002 tj 4 litre paid 1700 canadian for it. (had to fix some minor things, runs great now)
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Anything in that price range is going to be a shitbox. It really doesn't matter which shitbox you choose, but my inclination if I were buying an old shitbox would be to buy a Japanese shitbox.
    What he said.

But really, if there's any way you can swing it, scrape together a little more (even if you have to wait - it's summer biking may be an option for short- to mid-commutes, as is public transit) and go for a down payment on something with low cost of ownership, high reliability and the lowest mileage you can get. Even $5k will get you into something not too bad, but ~$10k will get you something pretty good. And yes, it's probably going to be Japanese - but just because the best ones are going to be made in Japan, it doesn't mean that anything made in Japan is good; it's going to be a Toyota or a Honda, though you do want to double check the model and year.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    So just buy it then?
    Unfortunately this isn't the season to buy cars as everyone is buying cars now. Best to look around September. Best suggestion is to wait and look around. Is the Pontiac going anywhere?