Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    does it really make a difference that's worth $500+ performance wise?
    Absolutely not. If you plan it correctly and use proper fans it is dead silent even under load though. But if you just look for price vs performance it's pretty much the worse idea ever.

You may gain few FPS while gaming and ~100 MHz on your CPU, but that's about it. Not to mention you would run higher voltage through your components making them degrade quicker.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2017-05-11 at 11:07 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays? It's mostly for show.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    The two cpu block is an error

You think 1 D5 is suffisant for both 7700k (5.2GHz), Moba, and 1070 SLI ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShimZ-VIII View Post
    The two cpu block is an error

You think 1 D5 is suffisant for both 7700k (5.2GHz), Moba, and 1070 SLI ?
    It is. 2nd would just be if you want to keep 2 loops separate from each other, which in itself is a bit pointless. Or for additional safety if one fails, which to an extent is more understandable, though D5s rarely fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I decided to take apart some stuff on my comp today since i had an awful rattle. Im pretty sure it was the shitty corsair stock fans they put in their cases so i replaced them with some 120s i had laying around in storage.

6700k at 4.4
    16 gb ram
    msi m5 mobo
    ssd and a couple other storage drives
    corsair 540 case - very nice, great to build in but has a lot of vibrations, probably wouldnt recommend
    a bunch of other stuff

oh and that front panel audio thingy seems redundant but i broke my case front panel headphone jack being a dummy one day so that was the cheapest solution i could think of!

Last edited by Maruka; 2017-05-13 at 06:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It is. 2nd would just be if you want to keep 2 loops separate from each other, which in itself is a bit pointless. Or for additional safety if one fails, which to an extent is more understandable, though D5s rarely fail.
    So I'll plan this for September/October

Deleted
    My 6600k delided @ 4.8 GHz (max temp 59°) with 2 gtx 980ti under water (2x nzxt Kraken 41).

Has to hold up for around 5 years xD

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DonGenaro View Post
    You won't need two CPU blocks
    Maybe they want to go dual-Xeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    I decided to take apart some stuff on my comp today since i had an awful rattle. Im pretty sure it was the shitty corsair stock fans they put in their cases so i replaced them with some 120s i had laying around in storage.

6700k at 4.4
    16 gb ram
    msi m5 mobo
    ssd and a couple other storage drives
    corsair 540 case - very nice, great to build in but has a lot of vibrations, probably wouldnt recommend
    a bunch of other stuff

oh and that front panel audio thingy seems redundant but i broke my case front panel headphone jack being a dummy one day so that was the cheapest solution i could think of!
    I really like the look of the case. Could you please go into a little more depth as to why you wouldn't recommend it? Was strongly thinking of using it in my next build. But you've given me pause.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I really like the look of the case. Could you please go into a little more depth as to why you wouldn't recommend it? Was strongly thinking of using it in my next build. But you've given me pause.
    Not the guy you quoted, but I owned one before my current case and ended up just giving it to a friend who needed a new one. It's expensive for it's age and how little features you actually get. It's only real benefit is how much space behind the motherboard you have for management (and particularly good for water cooling builds where you can hide things such as the pump). Well that and the easily swap HDD bays at the bottom. As much as it costs, it lacks any sound dampening material and there are openings at the bottom of the case that help dust get in. The dust filter isn't very good. Noise leaks. It also takes up a ton of foot print.

It's really not that the case is bad by any means. It's just that you can buy much better for the same cost or less. And honestly if you were dead set on a large cube based computer case then you should at least go for the Air 740 which is the updated model.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

The problems with the 540 Air are dust and the cheap fans that comes with the tower.
    If you got dust problems dont get the case or spend 70$ for the dustfilter set.
    The Fans on the top side can cause vibrations but when you dont screw the top part thight or without screws you can be lucky and remove the problem.
    (also you can use spacer between tower and fans or try not to tighten the screws tomuch)
    At first i tryed without top screws and it worked and now i bought some new fans with soft rubber parts which removed the vibrations.
    Also you need quiet fans for this case.

Apart from this problems its a great case and even better if you hate cabelmanagment or building a PC from scratch.
    I never had a tower that made the building more easy and you just need to throw all cabels into the second chamber and you are done.
    You can even buy a HDD tray/buddy and use the 3.5 inch bays on the second chamber for your HDDs so the first chamber looks cleaner and your GPU gets less heat.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    3.50 gigahertz AMD FX -6300 Six-Core
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX PLUS Rev X.0x
    16gb of ram
    2 WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB)
    Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
    ASUS VS228 [Monitor] 21"
    Microsoft USB Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
    Perdition Red Dragon MMO Style Mouse.

Built this computer a couple years ago. I bought the video card around last Christmas. Before that I had an Nvidia GeForce GTX 720?

I build my own computers but I cant afford anything newer right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got the last of the parts couple days ago, and now she is up and running!

Tower: Rosewill ATX Mid Challenger S
    Chip: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 W/ Wraithspire cooler (x8 3.7ghz)
    Board: ASUS Prime X370-Pro RGB
    RAM: Corsair vengeance LPX 32gb (4x8) DDR4 (@3200MHz)
    HDD: WD Black 2TB 6GB/s@7200RPM
    SSD: Mushkin REACTOR 500gb i-SSD MLC, Samsung 850 EVO veritcal 250gb M.2
    GPU: Nvidia 1070SC Black Edition 8Gb GDDR5 DX12 OSD
    PSU: Corsair CX850 Modular
    Cooling:6x Conisy 120mm Sleeve fan and radiator
    Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE Cherry MX red LED backlit
    Mouse: Logitech 300s
    DVD: LG SMBI SATA 16x BlueRay DVD-RW
    Monitor: 2x ACER H276HL 1920x1080 IPS widescreen
    Last edited by bowchikabow; 2017-05-15 at 12:57 AM.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey yeah the 2 posts after yours pretty much nailed my issues perfectly. Its a beautiful case, amazing to build in with the room and very easy to make look like a clean build.

The noise kills me. Now that i replaced all 3 stock fans the worst rattle is gone but you may as well toss those fans in the trash the second you buy the case. I dont even know why corsair uses them they must get millions of complaints. There is a couple other tiny vibrations, one sometimes from the top fan guard and one from the side panels. which you can make go away temporarily by pressing on the panels. I have my fans set to super low speeds and it seems to be fixed but they are prolly at like 600 rpm or something insignificant. Lastly it is a huge case which isnt a problem for me but it can be.

Overall i do like it but its expensive for no real reason to me and for those reasons probably wouldnt recommend it to anyone unless they were dead set on it.

Separated loop. One loop with the moba and the CPU, one other with the 1070s. Then you don't share the CPU/Moba TDP to the GPUs, neither the reverse.

So if you have a big load on CPU but nothing on GPUs, your GPUs will remain cooler than if you have a shared loop. Its the same in the opposite case.

Like this:
    I like the core P5 case better. That one in the video is giant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I like the core P5 case better. That one in the video is giant.
    You can only put 1 rad in P5, thats the problem. I currently have the P3 and its the same problem, I can't cooling my 1070s and my 7700k only with a single 360mm.

It's a lot of noise, a dust nest, and the GPUs are strong on the PCI-E slot (because of the weight) so my cards are sloping.

You can only put 1 rad in P5, thats the problem. I currently have the P3 and its the same problem, I can't cooling my 1070s and my 7700k only with a single 360mm.

It's a lot of noise, a dust nest, and the GPUs are strong on the PCI-E slot (because of the weight) so my cards are sloping.
    A 360mm radiator is absolutely enough surface area to cool two 1070s and a 7700k. The mid tier EKWB 360mm radiator has roughly 600W of cooling when the water is 10c above ambient. The 1070s only use 150w stock and maybe 180w overclocked while a 7700k is 91w stock and maybe up to 150w overclocked. Would more radiator perform better? Probably, but only marginally.
    Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

10+ Year Old Account
    Sup yall. Setup is finally complete.

case: Fractal define r4
    cpu: ryzen r7 1800x
    MB: asrock x370 taichi
    gpu: gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 970 (waiting)
    ram: gskill tridentz 3600
    psu: seasonic 850 flagship titanium
    cooler: corsair h100i (using now) and noctua NH-D15s (might switch back to), and assortment of noctua cougar and corsair case fans
    mouse: zowie fk1
    keyboard: corsair k90
    ssd's: samsung 960 nvme 240GB (OS), crucial m500 240gb, OCZ deneva2 enterprise 400GB
    hdd's: 750GB WD Black x2, 5TB WD Black, samsung 5400rpm 1.5TB, seagate 8TB 5400rpm
    other media: dvd rw drive
    monitor: BenQ XL2430T
    headphones: audio techinica ATH-AD700
    mic: blue yeti
    amp/dac: schiit modi2 and magni2 uber
    speakers: eris e5 studio monitor x2
    ups: CyberPower LX1500G
    audio surge protector/power conditioner: Furman M-8X2
    desk: Fully Jarvis sit/stand desk with cheap ikea top
    standing mat: Topo by ergodriven

umm.. I think that's about it. Still have yet to get a good 24/7 overclock running.
    Last edited by mojo6912; 2017-05-20 at 05:28 AM.

NZXT Kraken X62
    NZXT HUE+ - White
    NZXT Aer RGB140
    NZXT Aer RGB120
    NZXT S340 Elite Matted White
    Intel Core i7-7700K
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
    G.SKILL TridentZ RGB(4 x 8GB) DDR4 2400
    Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB
    Seagate 4TB BarraCuda
    Corsair RM850x - 850W
    Dell S2716DG (144hz + G-Sync)
    ViewSonic VX2457 x2
    Last edited by Elvine; 2017-05-22 at 11:37 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo6912 View Post
    Sup yall. Setup is finally complete.

case: Fractal define r4
    cpu: ryzen r7 1800x
    MB: asrock x370 taichi
    gpu: gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 970 (waiting)
    ram: gskill tridentz 3600
    psu: seasonic 850 flagship titanium
    cooler: corsair h100i (using now) and noctua NH-D15s (might switch back to), and assortment of noctua cougar and corsair case fans
    mouse: zowie fk1
    keyboard: corsair k90
    ssd's: samsung 960 nvme 240GB (OS), crucial m500 240gb, OCZ deneva2 enterprise 400GB
    hdd's: 750GB WD Black x2, 5TB WD Black, samsung 5400rpm 1.5TB, seagate 8TB 5400rpm
    other media: dvd rw drive
    monitor: BenQ XL2430T
    headphones: audio techinica ATH-AD700
    mic: blue yeti
    amp/dac: schiit modi2 and magni2 uber
    speakers: eris e5 studio monitor x2
    ups: CyberPower LX1500G
    audio surge protector/power conditioner: Furman M-8X2
    desk: Fully Jarvis sit/stand desk with cheap ikea top
    standing mat: Topo by ergodriven

umm.. I think that's about it. Still have yet to get a good 24/7 overclock running.
    Shoes shown for scale!

Fellow Presonus user ftw! Now get a decent subwoofer, Presonus or KRK 10S will do, and enjoy!

Looks fantastic, nice and clean!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    /image

NZXT Kraken X62
    NZXT HUE+ - White
    NZXT Aer RGB140
    NZXT Aer RGB120
    NZXT S340 Elite Matted White
    Intel Core i7-7700K
    ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI
    ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
    G.SKILL TridentZ RGB(4 x 8GB) DDR4 2400
    Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB
    Seagate 4TB BarraCuda
    Corsair RM850x - 850W
    What specs is the cat?

And holy LED batman! That would distract the ever living crap out of me! Also, looks like the two outside monitors match, at least? What specs are all the monitors? Always include your peripherals too!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water