Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Certainly feels quieter than it's been for a long time, despite all the "medium is the new high" bollocks. Just make a level 1 toon and do /who for different zones, check out how busy trade chat is. The highest pop realms will still be busy but many of the rest are becoming ghost towns, at least in EU. Blizz need to get merging.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wont get any surprised. It should be that low. No one is willing to play WoW2. Consequence for removing all old contents( old maps. old nameplates, old models, old APIs, old sounds, old playstyles). #JUSTICE

Deleted
    Thanks to phasing and sharding technologies, it is actually hard to NOT meet anyone wherever you are.

If you used to play on highly populated servers, then you are now lucky enough that sharding splits that population up so you do not have to complete for some quest mobs and stuff.

If you used to play on low pop servers, then you are now "lucky" enough that those rares you try to farm are almost always farmed by at least two other ppl, one of which has a random name because it is from a service that tries to sell what you want to get there.

Yes, i do not like this phasing/sharding stuff at all. I chose low pop because when i want to see others, i can use the group finder tool.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    Thanks to phasing and sharding technologies, it is actually hard to NOT meet anyone wherever you are.

If you used to play on highly populated servers, then you are now lucky enough that sharding splits that population up so you do not have to complete for some quest mobs and stuff.

If you used to play on low pop servers, then you are now "lucky" enough that those rares you try to farm are almost always farmed by at least two other ppl, one of which has a random name because it is from a service that tries to sell what you want to get there.

Yes, i do not like this phasing/sharding stuff at all. I chose low pop because when i want to see others, i can use the group finder tool.
    Server merges/divisions can do everything what CRZ and Sharding do. I don't want more CRZ-NPCs in my eyes.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-05-14 at 10:03 PM.

[QUOTE=xenogear3;45738989]Just like good old Japanese RPG, MMORPG is a dying genre

You got it almost right. Players evolved FF did not and wow is starting to de-evolve. Players want the next step. Are waiting doing meh games. Wow is the closest but lost sight. If they want it back I would say either wow 2 set 10 years into the future. Give returning players all titles, transmogs, mounts, pets, achievements and WoW call flashbacks where they can go back. WoW2 1-60 lvl like vanilla, mounts unlock at 40 and 60. Make a great story as in they bumped thier head or they are the child of the adventure. Make each area larger and towns a little larger.

Or make Star Craft galaxies

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Thanks for bumping this thread. Legacy community loves it.
    ...wut? The fuck that got to do with anything.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    ...wut? The fuck that got to do with anything.
    Legacy community is always willing to see Legion sucks. Legion sucks = official legacy servers

I wont get any surprised. It should be that low. No one is willing to play WoW2. Consequence for removing all old contents( old maps. old nameplates, old models, old APIs, old sounds, old playstyles). #JUSTICE
    You really are something else. Now it is WoW2 and you are fighting some imaginary crusade.

- - - Updated - - -

Legacy community is always willing to see Legion sucks. Legion sucks = official legacy servers
    Uhhh yeah keep dreaming about those legacy servers. If Legion sucks and dies off WoW dies off.

7+ Year Old Account
    You really are something else. Now it is WoW2 and you are fighting some imaginary crusade.
    Yea. A P2W lowest common denominator free shit game like legion will never get success.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhhh yeah keep dreaming about those legacy servers. If Legion sucks and dies off WoW dies off.
    SC remastered. think think.

Yea. A P2W lowest common denominator free shit game like legion will never get success.

- - - Updated - - -

SC remastered. think think.
    Yes because remastering SC is TOTALLY the same thing as putting out Legacy WoW. Why the fuck are you even bringing up legacy? This is about supposed sub numbers not that shit.

Legion isn't P2W you are just shitting out buzzwords to try and start some drama for your agenda. Stop wasting our time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zezel81 View Post
    Just like good old Japanese RPG, MMORPG is a dying genre

You got it almost right. Players evolved FF did not and wow is starting to de-evolve. Players want the next step. Are waiting doing meh games. Wow is the closest but lost sight. If they want it back I would say either wow 2 set 10 years into the future. Give returning players all titles, transmogs, mounts, pets, achievements and WoW call flashbacks where they can go back. WoW2 1-60 lvl like vanilla, mounts unlock at 40 and 60. Make a great story as in they bumped thier head or they are the child of the adventure. Make each area larger and towns a little larger.

Or make Star Craft galaxies
    MMORPG is a dying genre? No proof of course.

Players want the next step? What is this a clamoring for VR MMOs or some shit?

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes because remastering SC is TOTALLY the same thing as putting out Legacy WoW. Why the fuck are you even bringing up legacy? This is about supposed sub numbers not that shit.

Legion isn't P2W you are just shitting out buzzwords to try and start some drama for your agenda. Stop wasting our time.
    It is P2W. #Justice

- - - Updated - - -

MMORPG is a dying genre? No proof of course.

Players want the next step? What is this a clamoring for VR MMOs or some shit?

Legion isn't MMORPG.

It is P2W. #Justice

- - - Updated - - -

Legion isn't MMORPG.
    Riiiiight. Love the use of hashtags like that means anything. #Dinner

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard VP Says No Micro-Transactions for World of Warcraft
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard's Rob Pardo has criticized micro-transactions in MMOGs, saying the increasingly prevalent payment system is unfair to gamers in subscription-based games like World of Warcraft.
    Pardo, the senior vice-president of game design at Blizzard, made the comments during the Q&A session following his GDC address entitled "Blizzard's Approach to Multiplayer Game Design." According to a WoW Insider transcript, Pardo was asked if Blizzard had considered implementing micro-transactions in World of Warcraft. "We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach," he replied. "We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW."
    "Outside resources don't play into it - no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it," he continued. "What you get out of micro-transactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing it later."
    When it was suggested micro-transactions might make it easier for casual gamers to maintain pace with more serious players, Pardo said, "They aren't going to be the ones spending the money."
    How does Blizzard dare to criticize other game for gold buying. :think:

It is actually P2W!

So what about all this extra money from Bnet tokens? People spend 20 bucks to give 15 in Bnet or a month of game time to someone. Blizz makes 5 dollars PER token. Still think subs matter as much when they have this extra stream of money coming in?
    Do you think that the realitivly small number of people who buy those , and buy them infrequently makes up for the loss of millions of subs who pay the $15 a month?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Even with low pop, it still is one of the most played games in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Do you think that the realitivly small number of people who buy those , and buy them infrequently makes up for the loss of millions of subs who pay the $15 a month?
    "millions of subs" You don't know how many people are or are not playing the game right now. Quit making shit up.

And look at the amount of money Blizz is making, I think they'll be just fine. 5 bucks per token adds up REAL fast. So yes it makes up for a loss of some subs quite easily.

Are people worried content and expansions are gonna stop? If FF14 can give frequent content updates on well over 5x less active subs than wow, we're fine. Start panicking at 500k subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frandaero View Post
    Even with low pop, it still is one of the most played games in the world.
    at one time but not any more, not by a long shot. Unless you mean the number of people who have played it, and even then there was a lot of Facebook games that eclipses WOW

- - - Updated - - -

"millions of subs" You don't know how many people are or are not playing the game right now. Quit making shit up.

And look at the amount of money Blizz is making, I think they'll be just fine. 5 bucks per token adds up REAL fast. So yes it makes up for a loss of some subs quite easily.
    Blizz has already said that Overwatch and Hearthstone are their moneymakers now. But we are not talking Blizzard as a whole, we are talking the state of WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Blizz has already said that Overwatch and Hearthstone are their moneymakers now. But we are not talking Blizzard as a whole, we are talking the state of WOW.
    And you cannot prove what the population is. Period. WoW is still putting out content so the game is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Are people worried content and expansions are gonna stop? If FF14 can give frequent content updates on well over 5x less active subs than wow, we're fine. Start panicking at 500k subs.
    You never know. Blizzard has to answer to a board of directors and stock holders. If they feel at any time the game is not profitable enough then yeah they could pull the plug. with big corporations, it doesn't matter if the product is still making money, if they feel its not making ebnough profit to satisfy the stock holders, it can be discontinued. Happens all the time. Big difference between a game run by a small company out of love of the product and a Large corporation beholden to shareholders.

- - - Updated - - -

And you cannot prove what the population is. Period. WoW is still putting out content so the game is fine.
    So said people like you during WOD.