Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Out of curiosity, what is this content of which you speak? World quests? They're just dailies. Is grinding AP content? Is pulling a slot machine lever over and over and over content? Legion seems to me the -illusion- of content. When people don't have clearly defined goals to attain they lose interest. That is the result of putting RNG into every single avenue of the game.
    Pretty much this. And the games you know..over a decade old. i always tell people it's the mmo equivalent of FarmVille.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone else find it annoying when people preface a question by saying 'question'

when you ask a question...i know its a question...at worst...the question mark at the end of the question designates it as a question...at best context should be pretty clear
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    That's cause grinding AP, then resettting it to grind it again, doesn't equal content.

Infinite carrots with no end doesn't equal content.

Random loot doesn't equal content.

Making raiding irrelevant doesn't equal content.

They clobbered wow this expac, fortunately pantheon is only another year out at most.
    And what about older expansions? Was repetitive daily quests in TBC 'content'? There are MORE things to do now than back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    That's cause grinding AP, then resettting it to grind it again, doesn't equal content.

Infinite carrots with no end doesn't equal content.

Random loot doesn't equal content.

Making raiding irrelevant doesn't equal content.

They clobbered wow this expac, fortunately pantheon is only another year out at most.
    There always needs to be some RNG for loot. Raiding isn't irrelevant but ok. Pantheon won't do much.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    there is a break point in the income of this game where there will be a required reduction in developers, servers, and other resources devoted to the game and at the current point of 1.5 million subscribers they are very close to that. content is created by developers so sub numbers are becoming very meaningful. Im sure the culture of denial will fix everything though...
    are you trying to say wow only has 1.5mill? cause that's a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Warcraft realms shows wow pop is at or near record lows. That's all we have.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

We can definitely say that CONTENT was NOT the solution for WoW. The people who were clamoring that if they just had more content, the game would be better are CLEARLY 100% wrong. All the things to do in Legion and the numbers are as bad as WoD.

I still assert that the KEY to a successful MMO is an in-game community. Blizzard has slaughtered the in-game community with loads of antisocial features. Ripping the antisocial aspects out of the game and rebuilding the community is the answer. But Blizzard absolutely refuses to do it.
    We do NOT have more content now than previous expansions. What we have is grind after grind and rng after rng. They made the same stuff we used to have take much much longer to get done, but thats not 'more content'.
    Example 1: the honor grind. Its crazy and it feels like its neverending.
    Example2: grind rep to exalted and get a mount on old expansions. Now grind to exalted and then another 10k rep for a low chance at the mount. Then another 10k, then again and again.
    Example 3: the AP grind. It never ever ends.
    example4: warforged and titanforged.

Nothing ever ends, so people cant move on to the next thing to get done, then the new content on a new patch. It burns people out.

I used to play everyday but now i barely feel the need to log in, cause i know i won't 'finish' any of those things, so why even bother? I got burnt out pretty fast compared to any other expansion.
    Last edited by Casthiel; 2017-05-15 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    We do NOT have more content now than previous expansions. What we have is grind after grind and rng after rng. They made the same stuff we used to have take much much longer to get done, but thats not 'more content'.
    Example 1: the honor grind. Its crazy and it feels like its neverending.
    Example2: grind rep to exalted and get a mount on old expansions. Now grind to exalted and then another 10k rep for a low chance at the mount. Then another 10k, then again and again.
    Example 3: the AP grind. It never ever ends.
    example4: warforged and titanforged.

Nothing ever ends, so people cant move on to the next thing to get done, then the new content on a new patch. It burns people out.
    You must have never done the Honor grind in Vanilla where you could PvP your ass off and not rank up in a week.

Ap grind gives something for people to do. Would you rather then just log off and not play period?

If you really think there was more content to do in Vanilla and TBC you are really misremembering.

Warcraft realms shows wow pop is at or near record lows. That's all we have.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

We can definitely say that CONTENT was NOT the solution for WoW. The people who were clamoring that if they just had more content, the game would be better are CLEARLY 100% wrong. All the things to do in Legion and the numbers are as bad as WoD.

I still assert that the KEY to a successful MMO is an in-game community. Blizzard has slaughtered the in-game community with loads of antisocial features. Ripping the antisocial aspects out of the game and rebuilding the community is the answer. But Blizzard absolutely refuses to do it.
    What a bunch of crap you said here... numbers are higher now than the last 2 xpacs and most ppl are loving having more content than time to realy do it all

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Y
    If you really think there was more content to do in Vanilla and TBC you are really misremembering.
    Didn't you know, the clicking of a person to get a quest, fly/run out there and back when it comes to dailies is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more content than being in place and getting quest. Not only that such flying was super amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Didn't you know, the clicking of a person to get a quest, fly/run out there and back when it comes to dailies is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more content than being in place and getting quest. Not only that such flying was super amazing too.
    Yeah I just don't understand it. Daily quests in TBC never changed and some of them were worthless unless you were into mount collecting. There wasn't a lot to do back then compared to now.

Yeah I just don't understand it. Daily quests in TBC never changed and some of them were worthless unless you were into mount collecting. There wasn't a lot to do back then compared to now.
    how about having WAY MORE FUN doing that something? nowadays majority of players who still playing the game dont even care about what it takes from them to do that content.. they care about the amount of shit they can get for doing it.. they dont care about if they press 2 buttons, 5 buttons.. same buttons all the time.. they dont care if it was hard(in fact they want it easy obviously), they dont care about such things.. all they care about is HOW MUCH SHIT they will get for doing that content.. thats it..

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    how about having WAY MORE FUN doing that something? nowadays majority of players who still playing the game dont even care about what it takes from them to do that content.. they care about the amount of shit they can get for doing it.. they dont care about if they press 2 buttons, 5 buttons.. same buttons all the time.. they dont care if it was hard(in fact they want it easy obviously), they dont care about such things.. all they care about is HOW MUCH SHIT they will get for doing that content.. thats it..
    Well, now there is some common ground we can agree on. I did like TBC more for its time. I had a lot of fun back then, but the times have changed. I mean look at the types of games that are popular now, much faster paced and shorter gaming sessions. Mobile Phone gaming is a thing that feeds into that as well. So people aren't as willing to invest tons of hours into hardcore gaming it seems like. WoW is 12 years old and there are plenty of positives and negatives to the game at this point.

I honestly wonder if there is much anything Blizz could do to make WoW regain the hype and players it used to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very subjective really. People might say "Content doesn't work" but I'd argue "Content locked behind grind and timegating doesn't work". I'm happy to get into the game but when you're locking story chapters, cut scenes and story quests behind daily lockouts, bar filling, currency collection and mission tables then I'll just unsub and hit Youtube. OR I'll play a single player game where the story isn't dolled out piecemeal.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

*starts a slow clap* Holy shit, you broke the code and figured it out! You know the exact number of subs!
    5500 posts over 5 years

3 posts per day.

Nice life

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    5500 posts over 5 years

3 posts per day.

Nice life
    That's what I figured. You have nothing of substance to offer and decide to take it to insults.

I'm totally sure that is a new account mr spiciest of the memers. I'm willing to bet you've been around this site for a long time.

Agreed on the social aspect, but disagree on the content part.

Yeah, Blizzard has done nothing to support community, in fact they've done the opposite and allowed community to mean absolutely nothing. You literally can hop in a random queue, do next to nothing, and if the people don't care enough to kick you you'll see all the content the game has to offer without muttering word one.

As for the content, I don't think it's so much the lack of content, but the lack of quality content and the enjoyment of progression. WoW of today literally hands you gear for doing nothing. You can currently get to 850 ilvl within 15 minutes of play time by just hitting 110, going to your order hall, finding the quest that rewards 7,500 nethershards, send it out, wait 3 days, then head to the vendor on the broken shore and grab your gear.

Frankly, the game needs to return to its roots. We had a ton more to do, and we weren't handed everything. Fresh level 110? Time to hit some normal dungeons and gear up. Getting a bit higher ilvl? Head to Heroics. Want more of a challenge and have better stuff? Time to hit the raids. Next patch come out and you haven't finished the current raid tier? That's perfectly okay, just keep going, the content will be there for you. Ditch the handouts, ditch the 5 levels of dungeons and raids, go back to 2 tops, and make players actually play the game to progress. Sure, if they want maybe make a few catch up mechanics like crafted gear, but if you do, go back to the old ways of only able to equip 3 pieces.

All that aside, reformat LFG tool and make servers matter again. Make the people interact, and for god sakes if servers are that bad off for players, it's time to merge them, not carry on like everything is still great and the game is thriving.

I'm firmly believe if they went back to that, they'd have a more stable player base, and the server communities would talk and not be a toxic cesspool like they are now. There is no guild allegiance, server pride, anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    I'm firmly believe if they went back to that, they'd have a more stable player base, and the server communities would talk and not be a toxic cesspool like they are now. There is no guild allegiance, server pride, anything.
    Yeah, because a complete upheaval of the systems Blizzard has been working on for the better part of the last decade has absolutely zero possibility of alienating the current playerbase, right?

Personally, I'm glad Blizzard doesn't listen to bullshit armchair developers like you. If you want to relive the glory days of WoW, play on a private realm. Quit trying to petition Blizzard to change the game to suit your desires. You're not its target demographic anymore, get the fuck over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    Ive recently came back to wow and I play on sarg which is an extremely populated realm (one of the highest populated) but Ive noticed that its now a medium realm and theres only like three realms that are above medium and a few medium and the rest low. Ive only seen a handful of people on the broken shore.... Is wows population really died that badly?
    Would Blizzard CRZ actual content, if their servers would have enough players to play with? Since all servers are now fully CRZed, i.e. virtually merged - "server population" term changed it's meaning.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    I can clearly feel that EU populations is low for past 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by crakks View Post
    I can clearly feel that EU populations is low for past 3 months.
    Yet I get in the fucking queue every single evening T_T