Poll: Which is most expendable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Weakest Class?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Im surprised Survival didn't single handedly boost Hunters to #1 over Rogues or Monks.
    Why? It's not a bad spec anymore, and playing my hunter alt it's probably the spec I enjoy the most on the class, just too bad about it being melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Why? It's not a bad spec anymore, and playing my hunter alt it's probably the spec I enjoy the most on the class, just too bad about it being melee.
    I played it for awhile into 7.1.5, it was just an Avg Dps spec that still felt very clunky and broken. Maybe its made better strides into 7.2 but by that time I think I just gave up on it. It also the least played out of the 3 hunter specs and to date I haven't seen anyone outside the Order Hall sporting the spear.

Monks and Shamans always were worst classes, poll just proves it again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The rotation is 15 seconds of almost nothing, preparing chi to unleash the short 5 second burst, every 20 seconds with a rising sun kick, FoF, followed by whirling dragon punch.

It feels like you can't maximize this because the rotation is so badly designed it forces you to not use your skills cuz for SUCH A LONG TIME you have nothing but tiger palm and black out kick, both doing extreme shit dmg so at some point you're better off not doing anything so you keep your ressources for the right moment 15 seconds later.

It's the worst dps design in legion atm, it's not hard to play, it's just so badly designed it makes you believe it's hard to play.
    It IS hard to play.

If you want to do max output and running Hit Combo, you simple can't play without big help from addons(such as telling the next step of rotation). You just can't hit the parses.

You have a double energy(combo points and energy bar), you can't use same ability twice in a row(constant considerations)AND you have priorty system of CDs. Its like every mechanic from every class/spec ingame as a mix. Still, even playing it perfect, won't result in top parses.

Its still fun, don't get me wrong. It's just not rewarding. WW would feel great with simple buffing the spec.

But, compare that with a DH, who are dealing more DPS and just following a basic, brain-off rotation. That was my point.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-10 at 10:18 AM.

Mage. Worst Tanaan experience. Largest amount of corpse runs. Next is Priest. Then Warrior most likely. Then Rogue. All other classes are equally good. I don't know, why everybody picks Monk. Monk is good. Maybe nobody knows, how to play it.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-05-10 at 11:04 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

i don't get what did sub from wod do to get chopped so badly... i mean sub in wod was way better than this legion presentation. it fails badly pvp.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    It IS hard to play.

If you want to do max output and running Hit Combo, you simple can't play without big help from addons(such as telling the next step of rotation). You just can't hit the parses.

You have a double energy(combo points and energy bar), you can't use same ability twice in a row(constant considerations)AND you have priorty system of CDs. Its like every mechanic from every class/spec ingame as a mix. Still, even playing it perfect, won't result in top parses.

Its still fun, don't get me wrong. It's just not rewarding. WW would feel great with simple buffing the spec.

But, compare that with a DH, who are dealing more DPS and just following a basic, brain-off rotation. That was my point.
    The only abilities you can so twice in a row is tiger palm and blackout kick, both of which do such microscopic dmg, you shouldn't even care if you do them at all if you're not capped on any ressources, it's extremely easy to not fuck up hit combo. I stopped playing WW cuz it was literally too easy and boring.

Also you don't seem to understand how parses work, they't not grades like in school, not everyone can get top parses.
    Do you know how many people are parsing 99? 1%
    How many are parsing 5? 1%
    That's how parses work, it divides every log equally, the same amount of player in every %. If you do 800k on a boss and it gives you a 90 parse, maybe the next week you'll do 800k again on the same boss but more people will do more, your same dps will now give you a 88 or 87 parse. You didn't do worse, you're still just as good, but the position in parses also depends on everybody else cuz it's not school grades.

Unholy DK and Surv hunters have a far more complex and engaging rotation than WW. Maybe WW is not the easiest (I guess literal face rolling would make you lose hit combo at some point) but it's really really really far from anything complex simply because of the pure lack of action per minute, it's too easy to think about what's next, because your next action is usually in several seconds instead of next GCD cuz of the lack of ressource generation and absence of good skill to use during a very long window makes it so you're never punished unless you let resource cap.

48 rogues voted...what?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The only abilities you can so twice in a row is tiger palm and blackout kick, both of which do such microscopic dmg, you shouldn't even care if you do them at all if you're not capped on any ressources, it's extremely easy to not fuck up hit combo. I stopped playing WW cuz it was literally too easy and boring.

Also you don't seem to understand how parses work, they't not grades like in school, not everyone can get top parses.
    Do you know how many people are parsing 99? 1%
    How many are parsing 5? 1%
    That's how parses work, it divides every log equally, the same amount of player in every %. If you do 800k on a boss and it gives you a 90 parse, maybe the next week you'll do 800k again on the same boss but more people will do more, your same dps will now give you a 88 or 87 parse. You didn't do worse, you're still just as good, but the position in parses also depends on everybody else cuz it's not school grades.

Unholy DK and Surv hunters have a far more complex and engaging rotation than WW. Maybe WW is not the easiest (I guess literal face rolling would make you lose hit combo at some point) but it's really really really far from anything complex simply because of the pure lack of action per minute, it's too easy to think about what's next, because your next action is usually in several seconds instead of next GCD cuz of the lack of ressource generation and absence of good skill to use during a very long window makes it so you're never punished unless you let resource cap.
    As WW if you have to memorize all this:
    SEF, BoK, TP, RSK, CJL, SotW, EE, WDP, CW, CB, ToD, FoF. Im not including CDs or AoE abillites and not every talent(for newbies - these are abilities you actively use on single target). Its about 10-12 different abilities for ST.

If this doesnt tell you ANYTHING about complexity, then fuck you. You are wasting my time and just arguing for the sake of it.

And I don't care about "you just have to press these buttons and voila" explainations. I have mained UH(everyone knows me from the DK sub). I can also come up with some explainations of why UH is so simple, but I won't be objective then.

If you read my orignal post(you quoted me), my point being was that the work you put in is NOT rewarding. ITS HARD compared to a DH with 3 buttons and hardest ingame(see the acronyms and compare).
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-11 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Monks are SUPER fun to play, though. That's why I've stuck with the class.
    They used to be, Legion monk made me reroll after 4 years of playing the class(including having 3+ at max level in both MoP and WoD just to be able to play more monk)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

current weakest classes according to the pool:
    1. monk (79 votes)
    2. rogue (52 votes)
    3. shaman (51 votes)

I 100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cromatus View Post
    48 rogues voted...what?!
    Surprised there's so few votes for hunter/mage/warlock, they usually love joining in on the salt.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    As WW if you have to memorize all this:
    SEF, BoK, TP, RSK, CJL, SotW, EE, WDP, CW, CB, ToD, FoF. Im not including CDs or AoE abillites and not every talent(for newbies - these are abilities you actively use on single target). Its about 10-12 different abilities for ST.

If this doesnt tell you ANYTHING about complexity, then fuck you. You are wasting my time and just arguing for the sake of it.

And I don't care about "you just have to press these buttons and voila" explainations. I have mained UH(everyone knows me from the DK sub). I can also come up with some explainations of why UH is so simple, but I won't be objective then.

If you read my orignal post(you quoted me), my point being was that the work you put in is NOT rewarding. ITS HARD compared to a DH with 3 buttons and hardest ingame(see the acronyms and compare).
    Well yeah sure, compared to DH everything looks like you need a masters degree to get any results.

I guess if WW is so complexe I must be a fucking god then, thanks buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    They used to be, Legion monk made me reroll after 4 years of playing the class(including having 3+ at max level in both MoP and WoD just to be able to play more monk)
    Shit i feel old now

Deleted
    Rogues are the most reliable melee DPS ever since the dawn of light(1 out of 3 specs ALWAYS worked on top end - guilds picking atleast 2 rogues for progression is the proof).

Shamans are so/so, suffering from the curse of hybrid.

Monks are yes - its not for the average casual(and the average casual is too casual).

Priest voters are just FOTM(flavour of the month)post-nerf crybabies.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-14 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    All rogues benched in my raid group. They just don't bring anything to the table. Maybe if you have a sexy transmog and go female night elf you might get to come.
    Shadow Priest sucks on every fight in Nighthold on Mythic. They look good on Tich and Botanist, but it's just padding.

Same deal with WW Monks, they're good at one thing; bats on Tichondrius.

Who are the plebstation 9000's voting rogue... Lul. This poll says a ton about the MMO-C community...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    All rogues benched in my raid group. They just don't bring anything to the table. Maybe if you have a sexy transmog and go female night elf you might get to come.
    Lul.. you need a new group.

DH or DK, pretty much copies of each other.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Awww my first character I had made when I rejoined this year was a Shammy since I heard they were great healers, haven't really done much endgame yet. but now that I'm seeing it ranked so high as weakest class, wondering if I should just roll a Pally healer instead lol. Got a Warrior at 110 now too though that's more of an alt, since I like to heal mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by zezel81 View Post
    Someone said rogue was always good. I would say at beginning of wrath of the lich king they sucked.
    or at the beginning of MoP.

But i agree with OP and say too, rogues are the weakest class, and its due to 4 facts:

1. the pruning hit this class way more than other classes, WAY more. If you are not a rogue and complained about pruning you don't really know pruning at all.

2. In NH and mythic+ their dps/dmg can be ok/good, but only with proper stats and legs and then its only avg dps. There are many classes doing more dps/dmg than a rogue, right now. Good rogues get still higher than avg numbers, but do hardly leading the charts as much as other classes do.

3. PvP template: The rogue was OP in all 3 specs in the way that he did too much dmg most noticable by assassin rogue when exanguine build was a thing and sub rogues with their 30y shadowstrike teleport that did hit like a truck. Starting roughly in early/mid oct/nov the template for rogue made their burst disappear like a vanish. And their dmg is only a quarter of a DH in instanced pvp. Furthermore in pve, too, stuff like feint was nerfed and the energy cost doubled.
    Yes this is the weakest class in instanced pvp, there is no weaker class and its all due to pruning and a masochistic pvp template that currently is simmulating handicap matches between you and your opponents.

4. And this might be a more personal thing: haste is useless for all 3 rogue specs, but especially assassin the most played one in pve. Yet, i did 4 mythic+10-12 for the event and only got haste gear in each run and haste was the bigger value everytime same with the weekly chest. You get a ton of haste gear, as a rogue and you will love this! And you love the interview of our game director Ion who said secondary stats will become useful for each class, while completely ignoring all the rogue problems. In the end its 7.2. and nothing ever happened. i wished, reforging was still a thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the contrary, its quite ironic people vote monk, just because:

In mythic+ and especially NH its one of the highest dps specs, a mythic nh dk told me ww monks ARE the highst dps spec in NH. I only did countless hc NH and i see them on top there too and people said the place is designed around them,so very surprised this poll here is choosing monks. This is written here just by daily observation in raids and mythic+ and what very expierenced people say while playing the game not some alienated logs, nobody really can reproduce, since they seem to be boosted for just doing logs.

ww monks were the best class in legion beta duels to an extend, that people did avoid duelling them. After many changes they might still one of the best specs for that due to their selfheal ability not limited to a small mana pool(like shadow priests) but endless energy and very high mobility.

mw monks were/are the best rbg healer for a long time now in legion.

I get people do not like wow monks, but calling them weakest class is so wrong it hurts, actually, since they are probably the strongest class.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2017-05-16 at 12:46 AM.