Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ret - Still Haste until 30% ?

Sup,

I´ve been away from the game for the last months and was wondering, if going Haste to 30% is still a thing?

Back then SimC and IcyVeins suggested something around 22%, but all the top players (from world top 10 guilds) were going for 30%.

I am currently at 26% and SimC values my stats as follows:

Str 11.75
    Crit 11.68
    Vers 11.67
    Haste 11.11
    Mastery 8.24

Thanks for your iput.

The thing with haste is (if I understand it correctly) is that it is a smaller dps increase compared to versatility until you get enough of it to reach the breakpoint at 31.25%. This means that if you get a bit more haste you will see haste actually gaining weight as you will get closer to that breakpoint.

Deleted
    30% haste was never a thing.

31.25% break point of what? There is no breakpoint past 21ish percent.

The only breakpoints are 12.5% haste (never go below this) as it's the first level of haste that allows you to squeeze in one extra GCD per Judgment debuff time. Factoring in latency and not perfect play, I always suggest never going below at least 15%.

The next haste breakpoint is 31.25%. It's not really worth going for though at the cost of other stats. 31.25% gives you yet another GCD per Judgment debuff time, and it's around this point where you start to effectively have 100% J uptime (well, it's not 100%, but the global after it falls J will be back up off CD).

Basically, you should sim. And never go below 15% or so (technically 12.5%, but again, latency, skill queuing, etc).

To start with something useful... Generally a good source of this information is thesilverhand.net and the associated discord channel

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Please go to spread your misinformation elsewhere. Thanks, everyone will appreciate it!

PS: not commenting whether that 31.25% is worth it or not, I will leave that discussion to people who main and understand retri... that breakpoint exists though

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for 20-22% haste and go nuts with crit or vers(I prefer crit cause strings of no-crit TVs feels bad man).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    the 31.25% haste breakpoint is really only viable/ obtainable at around 915 item level

If you don't have crusade relics the value of haste goes up otherwise high haste really isn't that desirable atm when running TFoJ and 4 set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    To start with something useful... Generally a good source of this information is thesilverhand.net and the associated discord channel

Please go to spread your misinformation elsewhere. Thanks, everyone will appreciate it!

PS: not commenting whether that 31.25% is worth it or not, I will leave that discussion to people who main and understand retri... that breakpoint exists though
    What misinformation? Are you kidding me?

You got to 21ish percent depending on you latency so you can get that last global in the judgment window. There is nothing more to it. If thats not what you are running you are doing it wrong.

This "breakpoint" you are talking about wich i assume is for 100% uptime on judgement is completely unecessary. So, even that is probably not worth it unless the reduction to the abilities CD is simply worth more DPS. That is simply the point where haste loses even more value unless you got the cape and i think the haste needed to get one more global on that is closer to 40% haste.

So, please, tell me wich misinformation i'm spreading because from where i stood you are the one doing that. And be shocked at the other posters saying the same.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-14 at 10:38 PM.

What misinformation? Are you kidding me?

You got to 21ish percent depending on you latency so you can get that last global in the judgment window. There is nothing more to it. If thats not what you are running you are doing it wrong.

This "breakpoint" you are talking about wich i assume is for 100% uptime on judgement is completely unecessary. So, even that is probably not worth it unless the reduction to the abilities CD is simply worth more DPS. That is simply the point where haste loses even more value unless you got the cape and i think the haste needed to get one more global on that is closer to 40% haste.

So, please, tell me wich misinformation i'm spreading because from where i stood you are the one doing that. And be shocked at the other posters saying the same.
    The first time you strictly said there is no breakpoint at 31.25% haste. Now you are explaining why that break point is not worth (which I've never disputed). Something tells me those post somewhat contradict each other. Nevertheless the second one contains useful explanation which I can somewhat respect.

BTW: that 31.25% should be (according to the information I have) where you can fit the second gcd in and it's around that point where you get that 100% uptime on judgement. My sources also agree with you that this is likely way more useful with the back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    The first time you strictly said there is no breakpoint at 31.25% haste. Now you are explaining why that break point is not worth (which I've never disputed). Something tells me those post somewhat contradict each other. Nevertheless the second one contains useful explanation which I can somewhat respect.

BTW: that 31.25% should be (according to the information I have) where you can fit the second gcd in and it's around that point where you get that 100% uptime on judgement. My sources also agree with you that this is likely way more useful with the back.
    Break point is where something isn't worth stacking anymore. Haste is not worth stacking at 20-22%. That is all. You are invoking a breakpoint that isn't a breakpoint for anything except haste scaling. You "don't" want to stack that high, at least for now (still debatable wether it ever will as it depends on scaling, legos and tier bonuses).
    For the back, it won't make a difference until you can get enough to get another global inside the cloak buff. I don't know the exact number but it's way above 30% where as i noted haste's value drops off a cliff. AKA, it's unlikely any of it will ever be worth it without gimping our other stats.

So, again, where was i spreading misinformation? I even gave the OP a value to work with. What you talked about isn't even achievable atm and is still not certain wether it will be worth it.

So erm... stop with the baseless accusations when i gave the OP the actual info he asked for while you gave him talk that will induce him in error? Listening to what you said he will just stack versatility with an unspecified ammount of haste below 30%. Does that sound like the advice you wanted to give or the one he asked for? Then you have the gall to accuse me of misinformation.

Btw i am saying 30% cause it's easier. 31.25%. Just wanted to make that clear before you start baseless acusations again. Though i'd rather just moving on from this misunderstanding.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-14 at 11:48 PM.

Break point is where something isn't worth stacking anymore. Haste is not worth stacking at 20-22%. That is all. You are invoking a breakpoint that isn't a breakpoint for anything except haste scaling. You "don't" want to stack that high, at least for now (still debatable wether it ever will as it depends on scaling, legos and tier bonuses).
    For the back, it won't make a difference until you can get enough to get another global inside the cloak buff. I don't know the exact number but it's way above 30% where as i noted haste's value drops off a cliff. AKA, it's unlikely any of it will ever be worth it without gimping our other stats.
    You don't know the number to get an extra spender within the judgement window for the Legendary cape?

It's 31.5%. You know, the same 31.5% that people have been talking about as the "breakpoint" that you don't seem to think exists.

You're an idiot son. You should let the people who know what they're doing post in these threads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    You don't know the number to get an extra spender within the judgement window for the Legendary cape?

It's 31.5%. You know, the same 31.5% that people have been talking about as the "breakpoint" that you don't seem to think exists.

You're an idiot son. You should let the people who know what they're doing post in these threads.
    Jesus is this forum filled with these types? Dude, i didn't say there wasn't a cap of 31% YET. Because there isn't and we don't know yet if that will be it yet as it depends on the scaling of the other stats. If you are taking 31% haste right now, you are a BAD DPS. Is this clear yet?
    The Cap atm is around 21%. If you aren't using that then go learn how to play.
    Also, pardon me but after all the shit you said, i'm not gonna take anything you say at face value.

WTF is wrong with you types? Go learn something.

Break point:
    a convenient point at which to make a change, interruption, etc.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/breakpoint

And you know what? We might not even use the legendary cloak as one of our 2 best next patch, so GTFO with your pocket breakpoints and giving bad advice to people. Talk about the live game, not your fantasies.

Actually, i'm gonna add you and your friend to ignore. I don't have time to waste on your nonsense. Goodbye and don't see you again!

Vyse, don't believe the nonsense those 2 wanna-be are trying to feed you. Go with 20-22% haste, depending on your lag and what you feel confortable with. The rest goes in versatility and crit. Check the sim to see wich one is worth more at your current gear.
    Go with that for now and look up guides after the next patch. Icy veins or stickies on discord to find out how or if things changed.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-05-15 at 06:18 AM.

Jesus is this forum filled with these types? Dude, i didn't say there wasn't a cap of 31% YET. Because there isn't and we don't know yet if that will be it yet as it depends on the scaling of the other stats. If you are taking 31% haste right now, you are a BAD DPS. Is this clear yet?
    The Cap atm is around 21%. If you aren't using that then go learn how to play.
    Also, pardon me but after all the shit you said, i'm not gonna take anything you say at face value.

WTF is wrong with you types? Go learn something.

Break point:
    a convenient point at which to make a change, interruption, etc.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/breakpoint

And you know what? We might not even use the legendary cloak as one of our 2 best next patch, so GTFO with your pocket breakpoints and giving bad advice to people. Talk about the live game, not your fantasies.

Actually, i'm gonna add you and your friend to ignore. I don't have time to waste on your nonsense. Goodbye and don't see you again!

Vyse, don't believe the nonsense those 2 wanna-be are trying to feed you. Go with 20-22% haste, depending on your lag and what you feel confortable with. The rest goes in versatility and crit. Check the sim to see wich one is worth more at your current gear.
    Go with that for now and look up guides after the next patch. Icy veins or stickies on discord to find out how or if things changed.
    This guy gets it.

Too bad he got caught up on debating with kids, but thats just how these forums work, unfortunately.,

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    This guy gets it.

Too bad he got caught up on debating with kids, but thats just how these forums work, unfortunately.,
    Better than the discord. Speaking of that, do not go into the discord. Seriously. Cancerous atmosphere in there.

Vyse, don't believe the nonsense those 2 wanna-be are trying to feed you.
    I wasn't trying to feed anyone anything. I merely stated how stat weight for haste behaves and that there is a haste breakpoint at 31%. Never have I argued with you whether this is actually worth it and that versatility is not more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    This guy gets it.

Let me just remind you that the following was Nemmar's original response in this thread. Do you really find any value in that response? Unlike his later response it has no informational value whatsoever.

Anyway it's offtopic so I'm done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Better than the discord. Speaking of that, do not go into the discord. Seriously. Cancerous atmosphere in there.
    Seemed fine to me. Sure there are a lot of memes flying around but generally the info is useful.

They say the exact same thing about mmo-champ, that it's cancerous and spreads misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Seemed fine to me. Sure there are a lot of memes flying around but generally the info is useful.

They say the exact same thing about mmo-champ, that it's cancerous and spreads misinformation.
    People should really use the discord channel. Lots of information and guides etc. pinned to the channels.

@Reith if you interact with those guys who act like apes or let them trigger you then it sucks. But if you use it as the source of good info it already is then you are doing it right.
    "Men, Women and Children. None were spared the masters wrath. Your Death will be no different" - Falric

Deleted

You should aim for 31.25% haste IF you have the legendary cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post

which it is, and generally does.