Thread: American cheese

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its not even cheese

Deli-sliced American cheese can be edible.

Kraft singles...are not.

I don't know how people bring themselves to eat American cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Most cheese has a lot of fat and oil, no?
    All proteins naturally are found with a fat - cheese is no exception. American cheese is entirely fat with no protein, it is a processed abomination of fat.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    There are actually 2 different types sold as "American cheese". There is the cheap stuff made with oil and water (which is disgusting btw), and then there is stuff made with actual cheese. Personally I only get the actual cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    What most people eat as "american cheese" is usually kraft singles and the like, and I can't stand the texture of the stuff. It feels like plastic.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Nope, we make more cheese than the french.

http://www.newsweek.com/britain-prod...-france-484465
    And now i know about maggot cheese from sardinia, thanks Rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    What's the difference between American and cheddar?
    One's made of cheese.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I just bought 2 pounds, a bit less than a kilo, for $3.80 from Walmart. That's some cheap ass cheese. It's not bad and it certainly is best for melty stuff like putting it on hamburgers or making grilled cheese sandwiches. Real cheese gets nasty when you melt it.
    Dude u wot.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So just got home from work and I was starving. So I made a cheese sandwich as I haven't had one for a while. American cheese makes these sandwiches so much better than any other cheese I've tried. Except for cheddar. Cheddar is good on them too. What do you guys think?
    Who knew plastic could taste so good.

Alrighty, there's clearly some confusion. Some of the plastic-wrapped singles are American cheese, some of them are not. If it's actual American cheese, it will usually say "deluxe" with it. Otherwise, if you read closely, it will usually say "American cheese product." One is basically a cut-down derivative of the other, and has a lot of filler. Both serve one man purpose, to melt. They have a high fat and moisture content, so they melt very easily. In that regard, they work quite well. Since a large portion of our cheese in America is consumed atop a hamburger, or mixed in with tiny pasta, then we have grown rather used to it.

When it comes to taste, it has very little, and is more focused on texture than anything else. Just like many things in America, it's all about the convenience.

Tip: If you want to use other cheeses for melting on a burger, just sprinkle water on top of it as you are grilling it. It will melt in a matter of seconds. Pepper jack or havarti on a burger is fucking delicious.

7+ Year Old Account
    American Cheese - good melting cheese. Thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    This is not goop. it's delicious.

I'd rather eat the cheese that forms under my foreskin under a 3 day WoW binge than eat the shit you linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Alrighty, there's clearly some confusion. Some of the plastic-wrapped singles are American cheese, some of them are not. If it's actual American cheese, it will usually say "deluxe" with it. Otherwise, if you read closely, it will usually say "American cheese product." One is basically a cut-down derivative of the other, and has a lot of filler. Both serve one man purpose, to melt. They have a high fat and moisture content, so they melt very easily. In that regard, they work quite well. Since a large portion of our cheese in America is consumed atop a hamburger, or mixed in with tiny pasta, then we have grown rather used to it.

When it comes to taste, it has very little, and is more focused on texture than anything else. Just like many things in America, it's all about the convenience.

Tip: If you want to use other cheeses for melting on a burger, just sprinkle water on top of it as you are grilling it. It will melt in a matter of seconds. Pepper jack or havarti on a burger is fucking delicious.
    This. People are lumping in several totally different things and calling them "American cheese". Yes, there is low end cheap garbage that is mostly emulsified oil with yellow food coloring sold as "American cheese". That stuff tastes like plastic. There is also another kind made with actual cheese (mostly cheddar). Then there is a much higher quality kind that is basically all cheddar (but doesn't melt as well). But all 3 are sold as slices and don't really look that different.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-15 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Dude u wot.
    Cheddar and similar cheeses - including most English cheeses - are far too oily when melted, I find. Emmental or Gouda are my goto cheeses for melting, with gruyère for sauces and the like. Or just nibbling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's pretty good on a cheeseburger or grilled cheese. Kind of a weird processed product, but useful and cheap.

I think most of the "OMG it's so nasty" is basically just a form of classism and/or anti-Americanism.
    I don't like the American cheese because I'm against everything American! It's almost as silly as, "I don't find black people attractive, I must be racist" The cheese is actually disgusting imo, but if you like it, that's great.

7+ Year Old Account
    American cheese best cheese.

Only communists disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    I don't like the American cheese because I'm against everything American! It's almost as silly as, "I don't find black people attractive, I must be racist" The cheese is actually disgusting imo, but if you like it, that's great.
    In both cases, I'm actually pretty suspicious of someone's underpinning bias when they find an entire race unattractive or say that a fairly normal food is "actually disgusting". Maybe it'll turn out that they just have acutely honed senses and peculiar taste, but you can usually assume that there's actually something more there. Not a huge deal, but it is what it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    In both cases, I'm actually pretty suspicious of someone's underpinning bias when they find an entire race unattractive or say that a fairly normal food is "actually disgusting". Maybe it'll turn out that they just have acutely honed senses and peculiar taste, but you can usually assume that there's actually something more there. Not a huge deal, but it is what it is.
    I guess I can agree that it is kind of odd to find absolutely everyone of a particular race to be unattractive odd. But we're talking about a certain type of cheese here, that isn't exactly like most cheeses. The texture is rather odd and the taste isn't all that strong to me. It just doesn't strike me of something that should be called cheese. Kind of like a lot of vegan cheeses. There's great American foods out there, this one for me just isn't it.

Deleted
    American cheese is pure plastic.

European cheeses ftw.