Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    Typical blizz , catering towards 5% of their playerbase .
    Then wondering why the other 95% is leaving lol .
    Its good to see blizz actually caters towards those who try a bit harder at this game , than people who brainless mashing buttons , i havent completed mine but i wont whine if i cant for now .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Comparing these statistics is a good indicator of how skewed the mmo-champion community is towards competitive players.
    My thoughts exactly.

How come only 1.58% of the destro warlocks have completed the challenge, while the affliction numbers are 2-3 times as high?

Is it because most destro locks have no interest in the skin? Or is it because the class feels generally easy to play, so people have generally learnt to not rely on things like interrupts/fears much (since destro for example doesn't use felhunter)? I have obtained it and I really like it to be honest. Now trying to win 10 rbgs with it to get the fel version. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We only have 97k characters that have one of the appearance equipped and 120k players that have earned the achievement as of a week ago in our database. I'm not sure if that infographic included all regions in the world or not, but we definitely don't have every US and EU character.
    Good to know. At least having the official infographic does help give some amount of estimated upper and lower bounds for how complete your character/player sets are.

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    How come only 1.58% of the destro warlocks have completed the challenge, while the affliction numbers are 2-3 times as high?

Is it because most destro locks have no interest in the skin? Or is it because the class feels generally easy to play, so people have generally learnt to not rely on things like interrupts/fears much (since destro for example doesn't use felhunter)? I have obtained it and I really like it to be honest. Now trying to win 10 rbgs with it to get the fel version. ^^
    Amount of players per spec + legendaries, along with skill. Destro is a CC fest that requires more awareness about cast bars than we're used to in raiding/dungeons (see: nowhere near as many pvp players as pve). Aff requires kiting and at least one utility legendary, and if that legendary is the Corruption ring then you just have to worry about staying away from the swordsman and killing the hands after you interrupt them. For me it was Destro > Demo > Aff.

Dang you guys couldn't have checked to see if they had the achievement for all three appearances? my dk wouldn't be on the list (if my character was one of the ones looked at) due to transmog. I understand why you wouldn't want to use the achievement that says they have one of the appearances and just use the active spec as which spec you decide they've beaten, but in my case, I have the achievement that says I've beaten all three. You could have used that data for all three specs of mine regardless of what weapon skin I was using.

Deleted
    I got pretty close about a month ago... haven't tried it ever since.

I have been having issues finding the time to attempt it lately. I doubt it would take me 2 hours, but currently other thing have priority, things like AP WQs, raiding and IRL stuff.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kennytheone View Post
    The ilvl for the ones that have it seems quite high...did both havoc dh and unholy dk with 897 ilvl...the rest though i think i need 900+...still have warr rogue hunter mage lock monk to do...all are at around 885-895 ilvl butican't do much woth them...getting closer on mm hunter though
    Ilvl stats are skewed. The challenge has been out for quite some time already, many people did it the first week with ~900 ilvl or less.

Looking at the chart, you can see the huge imbalance for rogue's challange, especially for Outlaw which has the least % overall all classes and spec. Outlaw challange is just stupid, other class/specs having Imp mother don't suffer from bad rng as we do which makes it pure hell. I gave it like 30 attempts already and I gave up on it untilll 7.2.5. The assa challange was way too easy, Outlaw is difficult becase the spec is just plain stupid and I enjoyed the sub one most which was well designed, balance of dps check, mechanics and coordination.

Quote Originally Posted by paflodder View Post
    Typical blizz , catering towards 5% of their playerbase .
    Then wondering why the other 95% is leaving lol .
    What are you on about? The whole mage tower challenge is balanced around ToS gear, just wait and you will be able to complete it easy as pie, you just lack the skill to do it while it is hard content.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

It's fun to see that protection paladins have second lowest (0,48) completion (from available data) and average of those who completed required highest ilvl 913+, this only proves that the tank challenge blizz designed was beyond terrible.

Gona guess 41% of you are lying little piggies

i make one try in the last week of this xpac..

before can blizz fuck up the road with this content for 5% of the player base!

Am I the only one that always wonders how incredibly off the results in the mmo polls are to (probably) much more accurate armory data?
    While the real data show a completion rate of about 2% average, the poll shows 42%.

I wonder how that is even possible with a sample size of 10,000 voters.

Just look at the difference between all tank specs and Guardian druids.Nice tank balance

Chaud, if you're reading this, are the average item level data for the highest 110 character per account, or all 110 characters per account?

The mean from your set comes out as 867.8, which is somewhat higher than I expected. The variation between specs is interesting too, but someone else can analyse that.

Got all 3 mage appearances and I can say arcane was a pain to do without any experience with the spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The variation between specs is interesting too, but someone else can analyse that.
    Healer specs have the highest average item level. This is because people don't usually play healer specs unless they are a part of an organized raiding group.

Restoration druid . 878.0
    Mistweaver monk ... 876.2
    Holy paladin ...... 878.0
    Holy priest ....... 875.5
    Restoration shaman. 877.0

The same goes probably with tanks, but the effect is smaller because specs like Blood and Vengeance are also played outside of organized raiding.

Guardian druid .... 875.2
    Brewmaster monk ... 872.6
    Protection paladin. 871.2

Only three DPS specs have average item level over 870. No clue why.

Balance druid ..... 871.3
    Elemental shaman .. 870.8
    Affliction warlock. 870.9

And only two specs have average item level below 860. I know that Feral has AoE problems, but wasn't Outlaw the best rogue spec somewhere in Legion.

Feral druid ....... 859.4
    Outlaw rogue ...... 857.9

Deleted
    Would be also interesting see how many players have all skins already per class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    The same goes probably with tanks, but the effect is smaller because specs like Blood and Vengeance are also played outside of organized raiding.
    Or Blood and Vengeance are somewhat less welcome inside, compared to the guardian / brew / prot specs.