Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    you mean

TW black temple not LFR type , already ruined scrubs cry.

I kinda wish they would use time walking to bring back classic instances that are gone now.

Like vanilla naxx,ZG and scholo. I would love a way to see the old unaltered instances and their lovely transmog...

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    I think you might have missed what the concept of timewalking actually is.
    Other than a way for Blizzard to release new content without actually releasing new content, what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by GrillGates View Post
    You do realize that 900ilvl wont be that high in 7.2.5 right?
    Also,please name these "experts" you talk about!
    I just read a thread on the US official forums, Asmongold did a run of TW BT with a raid that was well-geared, leader knew tactics and everything (You know, the sort of things you can't count on being present in queueable content), and there were wipes, but not so much because of the group being "worn down" with damage but because of people being 1-shot all over the place, now my experience is pretty limited (Haven't done raids above LfR-level since LfR was introduced), but that looks like a grade-A recipe for disaster for what is supposedly queueable content...

So a queued PuG will flounder, but getting into more organized PuGs will of course also be a harrowing experience, itemlevel requirements will be sky-high, tolerance for mistakes will be zero, in other words: An act of purest masochism to attempt it, and for what? Itemlevel 900, which will not be enough for the people with the skill and thick skin to handle organized PuGs to bother with it, and as said before, too difficult for queued PuGs, so who is TW BT intended for again?

I know that it's still on PTR, so difficulty can change, but honestly, how often have things changed drastically after being put on PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    While I tend to agree that development resources spent on creating (or updating) content that 99% of players will never see are wasted, I have to ask what "experts" you're referring to in the thread title. Nowhere in your stream-of-consciousness run-on pseudo-sentence did I see evidence of or a reference to any "experts."
    Why the fuck would 99% of players not see it? What inside info do you have that remotely suggests this? Do you think Blizzard don't have a team of people analyzing player participation in raids and TW instances and can't make a decent estimate of the % of players who will actually do BT TW before they decide to spend resources on it?

Deleted
    I will need to run this at least once to get the Glaives transmog for my DH (since my rogue got both of them already), no matter what kind of group matchmaking this will use.

Don't know if I will touch it again afterwards. I could not bear to run MC LFR event more than once on my 4 characters which got to 100 before the event expired, glad I got the pet on the 4th run, but did not want to farm the weapon illusion. And MC has way less mechanics than BT...
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-05-15 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I just read a thread on the US official forums, Asmongold did a run of TW BT with a raid that was well-geared, leader knew tactics and everything (You know, the sort of things you can't count on being present in queueable content), and there were wipes, but not so much because of the group being "worn down" with damage but because of people being 1-shot all over the place, now my experience is pretty limited (Haven't done raids above LfR-level since LfR was introduced), but that looks like a grade-A recipe for disaster for what is supposedly queueable content...

So a queued PuG will flounder, but getting into more organized PuGs will of course also be a harrowing experience, itemlevel requirements will be sky-high, tolerance for mistakes will be zero, in other words: An act of purest masochism to attempt it, and for what? Itemlevel 900, which will not be enough for the people with the skill and thick skin to handle organized PuGs to bother with it, and as said before, too difficult for queued PuGs, so who is TW BT intended for again?

I know that it's still on PTR, so difficulty can change, but honestly, how often have things changed drastically after being put on PTR?
    So number tuning is needed at this stage of PTR and yet it was still very doable minus a few wipes with some co-ordination. Who'd have thunk it? Better make a thread complaining that 99.999999999% of players exactly will never ever see the inside of the dungeon because they can't 1 shot bosses while smashing their heads on their keyboards and mention that the experience is RUINED for the entire playerbase

The greatest challenge for BT timewalking will be to find the four healers that are required for the 20 demon hunters.

Other than that, I see no reason why you would want to bother with the time commitment for ilvl 900 loot when m+ already directly drop 910.
    It's a way to gear up new players, just as timewalking dungeons are.

And the whole
    Quote Originally Posted by skidrov View Post
    require "big ballz deps 900ilvl" were the leader is like 870 so half of the community wont be able to even expierience it
    Do you know what happens with gear in timewalking? And how much it matters? Doesn't seem so.

What do you do for a living? I'm a WoW expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But you can. You'll just need an Ilvl that's through the roof.
    That wouldn't matter. TW lowers your item level to 141 so it doesn't matter how much gear you get. You will always be the same powerlevel in TW BT which is good. They should make the raid harder tbh. It seems a little too easy.

All I see are people talking about how item level requirements will be too high... WHY?! The item level requirement is literally 141. The gear you obtain after that point is completely irrelevant since you will be downscaled to that item level every single time you enter the dungeon. My level 80 herald toon could do this easily since my gear is all item level 226.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-05-15 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    That wouldn't matter. TW lowers your item level to 141 so it doesn't matter how much gear you get. You will always be the same powerlevel in TW BT which is good. They should make the raid harder tbh. It seems a little too easy.

All I see are people talking about how item level requirements will be too high... WHY?! The item level requirement is literally 141. The gear you obtain after that point is completely irrelevant since you will be downscaled to that item level every single time you enter the dungeon. My level 80 herald toon could do this easily since my gear is all item level 226.
    Completely forgot all about Ilvl scaling. Nevermind.

10+ Year Old Account
    "experts say" made me giggle
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    But you can. You'll just need an Ilvl that's through the roof.
    I wonder - Is BT timewalking scaled down to 70, or scaled up to 110?

If its scaled down to 70, then there is only 2 things that matter - How many BC TW BiS items you have, and your artifact lvl. Asking for 920 ilvl would show that the organizer for that group is just retarded. On the other hand, asking ppl to have MoP legs/WoD ring/tier bonus/BiS TW may be a thing. Fortunately, not many ppl have all that.

But yea, if its scaled up to 110, then it'll be all kinds of retarded.

I do have to say that its a pitty they fixed that tyrant stam trinket in TW. Woulda made tanking so damn easy with a huge 200k HP pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It's available only during TBC timewalking, you'll be fine if you don't get to do something, the world doesn't revolve around you. Making BT Timewalking anything like LFR would just dishonor WoW's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    It's called... Timewalking. We go back in time. It's not flawed, your misunderstanding of "timewalking" is flawed.
    From the players' perspective, it will still happen after we are told Illidan was the good guy all along.

Wait hold your horses.. Are you trying to claim that people will have stupid high requirements for something that scales you down to ilvl 140ish anyways?

Regardless Whatever you are trying to say is likely wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Newer players are going to be thoroughly confused at this. Spend half of an expansion getting Illidan back into action because he's a valuable asset that will help us defeat the Legion.

7.2.5: Travel in time to kill ILLIDAN THE BETRAYER.

Being previous-lore-ignorant may actually have proven useful. Knowing players had to either read the book, look into the lore via interwebs or assume Blizzard went mad once again.

Maybe this flash game needs to be set live again, so ppl can practise for Teron Gorefiend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu019iPnqwU

Deleted
    Relaax Mon
    It will be nerfed soon after release

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Other than a way for Blizzard to release new content without actually releasing new content, what is it?
    This has nothing to do with what I was commenting on..

The post I quoted said timewalking BT was a flawed concept, because we are now allies of illidan. And it therefore does not make sense to go and kill him in BT..

That is what I was commenting on, timewalking is after all, us traveling back in time to do the content as "it was".
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon