Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is it with people and their coffee addiction?

Dude, coffee, lmao.

"I can't get up in the morning without my coffee."

"Don't talk to me before i have had my coffee."

Why?

Deleted
    That's just people who became too accustomed to coffee that if they don't drink it they feel like shit. So yeah, addiction.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_dependence

This applies to any beverage with caffeine in it. I have bad allergies so tend to get sinus headaches, I take generic excedrin tablets (aspirin, acetominophen, and a small amount of caffeine), and even taking 1/4 of a dose can cause mild dependence if it's repeated for a couple days. It doesn't take much.

Back in my youth I worked third shift in a grocery store with a guy who drank 8 24-packs of Mt Dew per day. He actually ended up hospitalized for caffeine addiction. The side effects persisted for 2 weeks after he quit, you would've thought he was a recovering alcoholic.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2017-05-15 at 02:11 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely one of those people. Without coffee I no longer function. But that's okay, because I love the taste of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drink coffee because it makes me go to the washroom.

Have you ever seen a constipated man or woman in a good mood? I think not.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Dude, coffee, lmao.

Why?
    You'd make a good fisherman.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Don't start drinking it, you might end up having to drink it.

I could stop but it would take my body a long time to adjust and I don't have that time at the moment.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Don't start drinking it, you might end up having to drink it.

I could stop but it would take my body a long time to adjust and I don't have that time at the moment.
    Nah, it takes at most 48 hours. And you can ease the withdrawal symptoms with this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspiri...tamol/caffeine

Brand name is "Excedrin" but you can get 200 of the Walmart generic version for $4 here. Normal dose is 2 tablets (which comes to 130mg of caffeine, more than a cup of coffee). Best thing to do is chop 1 tablet in half (~30mg of caffeine), and that will work wonders for a "caffeine headache" caused by withdrawal.

Basically, stop coffee. Next day you will have a headache. Take 1/2 of a pill. Headache will go away. Next day you may or may not get a headache. If you do, take another 1/2 of a pill. Next day, no headache at all. Much better than trying to cold turkey it. This doesn't just apply to coffee...if you drink any caffeinated beverage daily you'll run into the same thing. This includes soda and tea.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, coffee, lmao.

Why?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Coffee

I used to need a cup of coffee in the morning.

Dude, coffee, lmao.

Why?
    Because it is a drug, quite literally. Also, the body forms a resistance to it, so you need more and more, and can do less and less without it.

I like the interaction with the pretty barista. I don't drink coffee from home or anywhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I've drank coffee exactly 4 times in my life. It just tastes like burnt tires to me.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

b.c. i hate sleep and as such i tend to get very little of it and coffee works to keep me going in the mornings, i drink 3 cups most days. One right away after my shower, one when i get to the office and one about 1-2 hrs after i get to the office. Somedays i'll have a 3rd at noon or later. Gym after work tends to keep me going till i crash at night.

Weekends i have one cup either when I wake up or sometime during the day.

I also drink strait black coffee, some strong blend i get from amazon Tiger's brew or something like that. A friend recently had some at my house and was like my god that is strong X.x
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I've drank coffee exactly 4 times in my life. It just tastes like burnt tires to me.
    I have tasted burnt tires exactly 0 times in my life. Each to their own!
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Besides the desire for caffeine, it also becomes part of a drinker's morning "ritual". It becomes ingrained, almost like a daily ablution they feel compelled to perform.

I try to avoid coffee because, like the old excuse, "I only smoke when I drink!", I tend to only indulge in sweets when drinking coffee; the collison of bitter and sweet is pleasant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I have tasted burnt tires exactly 0 times in my life. Each to their own!
    I eat my tires fresh out of the factory. That new tire smell is to die for.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I think you are exaggerating a whole fucking lot here, please show me people with escalating coffee addiction /facepalm

Also tea has caffeine in is as well (less though)
    It depends on genetics some people do have an addiction and require copious amount of it. Your body does develop resistance to coffee which is why they recommend weaning yourself off it during one week for every two weeks to maximize the beneficial effects.

It's because they're Addicts, and as such act like addicts when they don't get their fix.

I hate the taste of Coffee in its base form. Now Like the Iced Coffee energy drinks Starbucks has I love them. But they are expensive.