Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    That wasn't your original claim, you basically claimed that people needed to drink more and more to get the same "benefit".
    I was not your original quote, I was just replying in general, people's reaction to coffee wildly differs based on genetics. But because your body does grow resistance you would need to drink more to get the same reactions as you did initially most people don't but some people do.

Deleted
    Because waking up with headache every morning isn't really that fun and getting that lovely coffee makes it go away. So the path to the coffee machine is gonna be bloody if someone stands in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Dude, coffee, lmao.

"I can't get up in the morning without my coffee."

"Don't talk to me before i have had my coffee."

Why?
    probably has something to do with having the least regulated addicting substance in it? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people are "addicted" to coffee are just hipsters that like to show off. For the rest of, it's just a morning routine, with age you start to appreciate those things more. For me, instead of coffee it's a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon.

Deleted
    Dude, coffee, lmao.

Why?
    Once you're addicted, you're addicted. They're dependant on it. They don't realize that if they just stopped drinking it that after a while they won't miss it at all. I fucking hate the smell and taste of it. No desire to drink it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is good for most people if consumed in moderation. Like a lot of things in life. Those who can not control it, usually will have other disciplinary issues in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the smell/taste of coffee, but I haven't really found that it does anything for me unless I take it with a good amount of sugar/B vitamins, so I don't really drink it. For better or for worse I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    I think most people are "addicted" to coffee are just hipsters that like to show off. For the rest of, it's just a morning routine, with age you start to appreciate those things more. For me, instead of coffee it's a glass of water with freshly squeezed lemon.
    Pretty much.
    I highly doubt there's anyone who actually needs coffee to get up.

And the whole "don't talk to me till ive had my coffee"? That's more of a "I don't want to deal with you right now"

I mean, I'd rather not deal with anyone til after I went to the bathroom and ate breakfast

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bznDjbQLzMo

first thing that came to mind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty much.

And the whole "don't talk to me till ive had my coffee"? That's more of a "I don't want to deal with you right now"

I mean, I'd rather not deal with anyone til after I went to the bathroom and ate breakfast
    Hehe. True. But there have been studies which showed caffeine can stimulate a person's brain and allow them to think more clearly. Which in the early mornings after I get up, that can be a issue. :P There is also indications students who drink coffee or some other caffeine drink, perform better on early morning tests. And some research has shown it may help some in reducing the onslaught of dementia.

Deleted
    I don't understand how people can drink coffee. It's gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Pretty much.

It gives people headaches to skip their caffeine which can understandably make them cranky. Also your picture is creepy, I didn't realise it was you at first.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Dude, coffee, lmao.

Why?
    What part of addiction do you not get?

Quote Originally Posted by Weikorr View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bznDjbQLzMo

first thing that came to mind
    I wish I didn't click that link, that's just disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I think you are exaggerating a whole fucking lot here, please show me people with escalating coffee addiction /facepalm

Also tea has caffeine in is as well (less though)
    You just imagining someone not being able to even move when you read my post. I simply meant it gets harder to be productive in the morning without coffee, and that gets a little bit worse year after year. There's no situation like meth of cocaine addiction where you see pictures with a few months appart and the person looks like a zombie at the end, it's obviously not that bad, but it has an effect on the body nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I don't understand how people can drink coffee. It's gross.
    I feel the same way about whiskey.

"The morning cup of Coffee" is part of the Morning Ritual for people. The way a ritual works is it reinforces that now is the time for this action, or you're trying to invoke this specific effect to occur. Coffee has a strong pleasing taste (for those that like it :P) and an unmistakable aroma, both of which the brain can instantly recognize. These are used as markers that "now's the time to get up", just like how many religious ceremonies, use incense and or specific music to set you in the proper mood. They are all tools used to prepare you for what's to come. It's when you start using ritualistic items outside of their intended ritual that it starts to loose it's meaning and thus it's power. That said, people who chug coffee down like they have it as a direct IV Drip.... it has lost all meaning to them. I know a few people like this, they are the easily addicted type, which caffeine is a drug, albeit a legal one. To the addictive type, it might have started as the morning ritual that woke them up, to just wanting to chase that "all right, lets do this" feeling and started drinking it outside of context. So much so, that they now feel they can't function properly unless they have a cup in hand every waking moment. Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant of the methylxanthine class. It is the world's most widely consumed psychoactive drug. Unlike many other psychoactive substances, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all parts of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I feel the same way about whiskey.
    I feel the same way about whiskey too. Or most alcoholic beverages for that matter. I can only stand it when the flavor is so strong that I can't tell there's alcohol in it anymore.

I've been trying to ween myself off coffee. I've started to switch to green tea in the morning, then coffee in the afternoon. One day I'd like to remove coffee completely... but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the taste of coffee and and I like the idea of it. I drink a lot of coffee. Is it an addiction? Propably. Just like other things I enjoy, just addictions at the end of day. Sure I can manage the rest of my life with water and drybread but meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.