Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Ah there in lies a small problem, was about to post my claim and it seems we have the same name. Ill private message Kryll now.
    Well, if it's a mod error than I would imagine Kryllian would speak up in the game thread to offer some clarification. If he's been handling night actions, though, I imagine he'd have caught such a mistake already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. watched a movie, and things have seemed to got interesting. Cru is counter claiming Grae Grae? Good to know how things shift in less than a page.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, if it's a mod error than I would imagine Kryllian would speak up in the game thread to offer some clarification. If he's been handling night actions, though, I imagine he'd have caught such a mistake already.
    I agree, which is why (unless Kryllian confirms something in the thread) I'm not a fan of what is happening right now. I'd like Cru to claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    I don't understand why Cruelle didn't protect Monkz either though. Is this some weird scum play, one claims doc the other cc's for town credit? That'd be interesting, but let's be honest very unlikely.

Although if the game does not end now, Cruelle does not get any saves and he is still alive late in the game you should consider it a possibility.

I got a few minutes now, but ill have an hour break later, so will be here then.

Please note this isn't a direct counter to Graeham, but my role and his role in a nine man game... Seems unlikely.

I've been trying to play this game as if its a normal-ish 7v2 set up hoping my role would go undetected. I am a faith healer.

I tried to protect monkz last night because that was the most obvious target by a country mile hello!

So we have 1 doc?, 1 cop, 1 town Vig?, an a faith healer in a nine man mafia? this is crazy, not to mention the bpv.

Is this really the town set up? For me its just way to much for a nine man, the vest I was bugrudgingly going to accept, but four tprs is overkill its a nine man set up.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thanks Kryll , I'm Snapchat apparently.

I see. Well I agree, it seems very unlikely we have a doctor + a faith healer.

So i wanted to try and check how faith healer works and i found this :

Traditionally, the Faith Healer is a Doctor with a 50% chance of success.
    In some mafia games, a Faith Healer isn't a percentage role. Instead, it reverses the protection on the target. If the target isn't protected, the Faith Healer protects them from a single kill. If the target is protected by someone else, that protection is undone.

Now we had a faith healer on the last game and it went terribly terribly wrong for town.

We know that graeham didnt protect monkz so the double protect is not valid here. Maybe the 50% chance? but like i said i saw that exact same role last game.

I see. Well I agree, it seems very unlikely we have a doctor + a faith healer.
    Right. I also stand pretty firmly behind my stated belief that if there was a mistake in need of clarification then Kryllian would have intervened and elaborated here to ensure that the game wasn't thrown off track. It would be a pretty big deal for a TPR to be mislynched because of a mod error - something that could potentially cost town the game.

Kryllian has a track record of being pretty thorough in his mod work, too, so I find an error on his part to be unlikely. Not impossible, but what's more likely to me is that there's shenanigans involved in all this on the part of players themselves. Furthermore, there isn't really much of a defence to be mounted against 'the mod said X, but I can't prove it'. For what it's worth, though, I just checked my QT and there's nothing there to tip me off to there being a mistake.

I'd also suggest looking at the flavour text for Monkz's role and how it related to his. How does 'Faith Healer' relate to Snapchat, I wonder? Obviously I can't copy my own role card here word for word but in my case the gist is that so many things being pinned by users has led to knowledge of how to attend to medical emergencies.

I'd also suggest looking at the flavour text for Monkz's role and how it related to his. How does 'Faith Healer' relate to Snapchat, I wonder? Obviously I can't copy my own role card here word for word but in my case the gist is that so many things being pinned by users has led to knowledge of how to attend to medical emergencies.
    I guess that's a fair point. @Cruelle, can you tell us?

- - - Updated - - -
    @Crackleslap, I'd also like to know what you think of all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think there's 2 doctor type roles. Faith healer I used in my last game. At the the 50% chance role, the name could be flavor. Cruelle being scum would fit my theory that I post earlier that someone voting celtic earlier could be scum. Not too sure though. Haven't overly enjoyed Graeham's responses but new information makes me question things.

- - - Updated - - -

Mod errors I generally fix in private, but honestly it depends on what type of error with what your dealing. This type of error, I think I would announce in game thread.

Unvote
    Vote: Cruelle
    Vote: Cruelle

I think I'm comfortable with this approach. If this was a case of a mod error then I believe Kryllian would swoop in and provide an apology and clarification. Otherwise the game would not be playing out as intended and one team would end up with a major advantage over the other that was unintended. If Kryllian did make a genuine error, then that means that neither Cruelle or myself can be blamed for however today ends up playing out.

Yet ultimately I think there's a much greater chance that Cruelle is lying and/or making some sort of bold play. Nobody can confirm whether the conversation with Kryllian is true or not which makes it a rather poor defence. It also leaves me unable to really do anything to counter it - and we know that something isn't quite right because initially Cruelle claimed to share my own character name but has now offered clarification (supposedly on Kryllian's behalf) that her character is, in fact, Snapchat.

It's also possible that scum are aware of the potential possibility that I didn't protect myself last night but targeted somebody else instead. Not Monkz, obviously, but someone else. This isn't the case, but if they believe it then they may be desperate to see me lynched today as tonight I would inevitably protect myself and any attempt to kill me would fail. If I get lynched today then not only does that remove the claimed Doctor from the game it also means that I cannot pick someone to protect tonight. Therefore we'd see two town players removed from the roster. Cruelle would then be primed to apologise and claim that the percentage did not work in his favour. It's likely that he'd be lynched, but I doubt that the game would be over - because I have a strong gut feeling that we're dealing with three scum and six town.

Now, obviously the ideal situation for me is to not be lynched but if I have to soak one up today then so be it. Those who survive the night will see my flip and hopefully lynch Cruelle tomorrow.

Fine. I ll believe you for now.

I was never a fan of lynching claimed ptr's but since i thought that both you and cruelle were scum i am willing to give you a chance.
    I didnt like the faith healer claim. I was ready to believe cru but that.... i feel it doesnt stick.
    Then again if cru flips ptr we know who is next.

Unvote

Vote Cruelle and Cruelle

- - - Updated - - -

On a different note if graeham is actually town and cru is scum i ll have to turn my attention to crackle as the third mafian.
    If there is a third. Then again they might use that as an excuse. But if there is not the game should end.
    Im confused.
    i have raid!!
    I ll keep checking :P

Deleted
    I guess that's a fair point. @Cruelle, can you tell us?
    um in my own words something about Snap chat being the home of the worlds most spiritual leaders. Its brief but difficult to put into my own words with out going close.

I'd like to point out I didn't have to claim there was no pressure on me whatsoever, I could have sat back and let Graeham get lynched anyway.

Hm I don't understand the mod error. So your flavour text said snapchat but your character name was pinterest or?

Deleted
    Hm I don't understand the mod error. So your flavour text said snapchat but your character name was pinterest or?
    yeah just the wrong name nothing else was amiss

I see. Welp, I honestly don't really care that much who we lynch first. Can't help but feel like you're making a play.

I don't think town should let either one of you get to late game if the game doesn't end today though. Something feels a bit off.

Deleted
    Can't help but feel like you're making a play.
    That's because its me and I understand that given my history, but I won't last long anyway will I? Who ever popped the vest could kill me or the mafia will try and kill me.

Plus i think if you really think about this Dupti, Town has leverage right now scum don't. I don't see how my play gives scum an advantage if I was scum. I just painted a target on my back by claiming.

I do love to make plays but I at least think them out long an hard before making them, you all know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this right... Graeham claimed Pinterest the doctor and Cruelle claimed Snapchat the faith healer... Great...

7+ Year Old Account
    Mod Note: I just got called into a meeting that will run past end of day. Day will close slightly later than the deadline. I will close it out as soon as I get back after the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    So let me get this right... Graeham claimed Pinterest the doctor and Cruelle claimed Snapchat the faith healer... Great...
    It's a bit more complicated than that. I claimed Doctor, Cruelle voted on me, some people took that as a counter claim. I then claimed my character as Pinterest, Cruelle said his character was the same but supposedly messaged Kryllian for clarification and is actually Snapchat. Then came the claim of Faith Healer. Kryllian surely would have entered the thread and offered an explanation if it were truly down to a mod error since otherwise the game would risk being thrown off course.

I'm about to head off, though - and I likely won't be back before the deadline. At any rate, as I typed up this post Kryllian swooped in to leave a note about the day lasting longer than usual. No mention of the character claim confusion.

Deleted
    Kryllian surely would have entered the thread and offered an explanation if it were truly down to a mod error since otherwise the game would risk being thrown off course.
    You can't speculate about that, each to his own. I mod games and I wouldn't have said anything but doesn't mean all mods wouldn't.

Honestly Graeham if your the doctor, Ill gladly put my ass in any department store window of your choosing.