Deleted
    Played three games, first one was KOTH, met two really friendly players, won 3-0. One of them invited me and the other, and we added each other on friend, doesn't happen too often for me. ^^

Played two more games with them, we got completely stomped in the second one, King's Row, we faced a ridiculously skilled Hanzo who got kills left and right, they capped the third point with 4 minutes and 32 seconds left... Whilst we managed to cap all three as well, in the end we didn't stand a chance.

Third game Eichenwalde, we did a decent attack making it to two meters from capping the last point, at which point two on our team started fighting each other... The Pharah claimed the Hanzo was useless and the Hanzo retaliated as usual. They kept fighting both in text and voice throughout the entire defence, somehow we managed to beat them in the last minute though.

Rather amusing when the opposing Pharah knows I have ress available and desperately tries to chase me down through the back-line corridors, in the end she got killed by our Solidier and I didn't even need to ult for us to win. ^^

New career high, 3871, only 129 points to go for grandmaster.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-05-15 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    I only solo queue and my games are either in total silence or teammates flaming each other. Played a game at Oasis the other day, first round was really close, both teams at 99% but we lost it. Then one of the healers started attacking our sombra, who was doing ok I really don't have an issue with people picking whatever hero they want as long as they can support them and he was. Then the support picked 4th dps (soldier) because if sombra wants to play sombra so he had the right to play soldier. Long story short the next two rounds were awful, we lost 3-0 and the funny thing is that the soldier wanted us to report the sombra for throwing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaver View Post
    I only solo queue and my games are either in total silence or teammates flaming each other. Played a game at Oasis the other day, first round was really close, both teams at 99% but we lost it. Then one of the healers started attacking our sombra, who was doing ok I really don't have an issue with people picking whatever hero they want as long as they can support them and he was. Then the support picked 4th dps (soldier) because if sombra wants to play sombra so he had the right to play soldier. Long story short the next two rounds were awful, we lost 3-0 and the funny thing is that the soldier wanted us to report the sombra for throwing.
    I main tanks, so I generally find a half decent Sombra terrifying. But, it's par for the course, people will accuse you of throwing for switching off a tank or support to counter Pharah even when Tracer and Junkrat refuse to.

Also, what is it with 'Junkrat meta'? He's more common in comp than Widow and Hanzo are in QP. Yet, he's actually worse than being ineffective when all he does is charge up Zarya.

Deleted
    *sigh* Never understood why people go on such a fucking babyrage fit when someone plays a hero they don't like. KotH Symmetra in team? Let's all pick hanzos and torbjorns and shit just because reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    *sigh* Never understood why people go on such a fucking babyrage fit when someone plays a hero they don't like. KotH Symmetra in team? Let's all pick hanzos and torbjorns and shit just because reasons.
    I'll let them see how it goes, but when they're being flattened by any opponent with a gun with a 10m+ range, I expect them to switch because they are so very out of place. Too often you see the Symm potg and that's literally all they did in a 15-30 minute match.

Other heroes like Mei and Junkrat as I noted above, can actually be worse than useless in respect to hindering their own team or helping the opponent. This is why I don't like them. I'd rather have a Widow with 30% accuracy and no crits than a Junkrat that keeps Zarya at 90% charge the entire fight. At least if they're being hard countered by Pharah, that effect is mitigated.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-15 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    Are you talking bout Comp or QP?

Deleted
    Why is there no pause in this game if someone disconnects in competitive? Temple of Anubis, we capped both points with 3 minutes and 30 seconds remaining, then defended the second point until they had about 2 minutes and 40 seconds remaining. At that point our Roadhog disconnected (he just needed to re-connect for whatever reason), which the enemy team immediately made use of, they killed Reinhardt and stormed the point capping it almost immediately, after we had held them off for several minutes not giving them even 1 % cap prior to that.

Ah well, we ended up holding the second point the second time and capped it on our second attempt, winning us the game. Still sucks when stuff like that happens though, to almost lose because of a re-connect. At least in Dota and Hon you're able to pause if someone disconnects.

3898, 102 points to go! <(^-^)>

- - - Updated - - -

Love playing Symmetra on KOTH in Quick Play, but I don't think she's efficient enough in Competitive.

Edit:

Another victory, 3927! Getting so close I can feel it!
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-05-15 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Usually when I've seen that happen it's when people pick a hero that absolutely does not work for that certain map / game mode. Like KotH Symmetra. Not because it's a hero they don't like. And I can more or less understand the reasoning, since one is basically trolling by picking something that means he will need to be carried by the rest of the team, why not do the same?

P.S I'd much rather see a Hanzo than a Symmetra in a KotH map.

It's more of an issue of them not handling being countered by a character repeatedly, they assume they are awesome sauce and if someone repeatedly kills them their brain can't grasp reality and jump to the conclusion that Symetra is the problem rather than switching to counter Symetra.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Also, what is it with 'Junkrat meta'? He's more common in comp than Widow and Hanzo are in QP. Yet, he's actually worse than being ineffective when all he does is charge up Zarya.
    I fucking love Junkrat but I have ~1 hour on him in comp just because pretty much every team has a Pharah nowadays and playing Junk with an evil Pharah is pretty garbage unless it's in a tight space. There are definitely some contexts where he can work and some where he can excel, but plenty where he does not.

I really wish people didn't have "mains" that that they refuse to ever switch off of when that hero isn't working. Despite all the jokes about Hanzo mains, Junkrat is probably the hero in comp that I see instalocked the most regardless of circumstances. I mean, I've seen all kinds, but Junk mains seem to be the most stubborn about trying anything else except maybe Widows, but I see those way less frequently in comp verses Junkrat in almost every game.

NOT THAT I THINK ANYONE SHOULD HAVE A "MAIN" EVEN IF IT IS A CONSISTENTLY USEFUL HERO.

/I have 97 hours played on Lucio this season.
    //not cos he's my main, just because support is always needed and he's the support I do best on, and he's useful in so many contexts.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    since one is basically trolling by picking something that means he will need to be carried by the rest of the team, why not do the same?
    Because you can still win with one unideal hero if your team plays well. You can't if everyone throws a tantrum and swaps to useless heroes and plays like garbage because they're too salty to even try. It's everyone else that is fucking over the team, not the first guy.

I'm not saying people should pick stupid heroes, but it's certainly doable. Weird shit can work. I have seen it succeed many, many times if the player is good at one and the other team doesn't know how to handle them in that context - especially at lower SRs where people are more likely to make or encounter those kinds of shitty picks.

IMO the people who react to a bad pick by throwing a tantrum are a million times worse to me than the person who made the bad pick to begin with. Especially since the person who picked the weird hero is probably not trying to troll or piss people off, they are probably just some stubborn person who mains a particular hero and has no idea how to play anything else. They shouldn't be that way, but as long as they are, I'd thank people to suck it up and at least give it their best anyway, if not for their own damn SR than as a matter of etiquette for the rest of their teammates.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2017-05-15 at 04:55 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I really wish people didn't have "mains" that that they refuse to ever switch off of when that hero isn't working. Despite all the jokes about Hanzo mains, Junkrat is probably the hero in comp that I see instalocked the most regardless of circumstances. I mean, I've seen all kinds, but Junk mains seem to be the most stubborn about trying anything else except maybe Widows, but I see those way less frequently in comp verses Junkrat in almost every game.

NOT THAT I THINK ANYONE SHOULD HAVE A "MAIN" EVEN IF IT IS A CONSISTENTLY USEFUL HERO.

/I have 97 hours played on Lucio this season.
    //not cos he's my main, just because support is always needed and he's the support I do best on, and he's useful in so many contexts.
    I mean, I joke about being a "Lucio main" since his update, and my gameplay is easily 90% Lucio since then, but yeah. If someone else picks Lucio, I play something else just fine; had a game the other day where this happened, and I took Zarya because we needed a tank, and it was my wombo that won us the attack on Anubis after the first attempt failed (a teamkill on Point B is basically a win at that point).

But the reason I "main Lucio" is honestly less because of any obsession with Lucio, and more that we've got a whopping 4 choices of healer, and we always need healers. And I really dislike playing Mercy (I don't like pocketing other people, which is most of her gameplay). Ana was a favorite before her nerfs, which refocused her away from aggressive play, and while I still like Zenyatta, his healing's pretty low outside of his ult and I REALLY need to be sure the team can capitalize on Discords.

If we had more aggressive healer picks, it would be more likely that certain situations would favor those healers over Lucio, and I'd pick them instead of Lucio. Instead, Lucio's almost always a great choice, and there's usually no competition for the slot.

The same really can't be said for DPS, where there's pretty much always multiple picks depending on what you need, or tanks, where there's typically a couple options for any particular purpose.

So to repeat the line I've been harping on for months, we need more healer heroes. Badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    IMO the people who react to a bad pick by throwing a tantrum are a million times worse to me than the person who made the bad pick to begin with. Especially since the person who picked the weird hero is probably not trying to troll or piss people off, they are probably just some stubborn person who mains a particular hero and has no idea how to play anything else. They shouldn't be that way, but as long as they are, I'd thank people to suck it up and at least give it their best anyway, if not for their own damn SR than as a matter of etiquette for the rest of their teammates.
    Plus, if the issue is that you need a particular role filled, chances are there's more than just the player you're complaining about that can fill it. I've seen initial comps of 4 DPS, followed by DPS players complaining that Hanzo needs to swap to tank, and my immediate first thought in those cases is always "YOU see the issue, YOU swap to tank, why bitch at someone else?"

The ONLY time I'm gonna say "we need a second healer" is if I'm A> the one healer we DO have, or B> I'm the one tank and think me swapping is a bigger loss. In pretty much any other circumstance, I'll be that second healer.

Too many aimbots to make ranked enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Too many aimbots to make ranked enjoyable.
    I think in my entire time in Overwatch, I've seen something I suspected was aimbotty once, ever. People having good aim, or using Soldier 76 ults, isn't "aimbotting".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think in my entire time in Overwatch, I've seen something I suspected was aimbotty once, ever. People having good aim, or using Soldier 76 ults, isn't "aimbotting".
    Linked this a few days ago, it happens. I mean, this is a super obvious one when it snaps after killing me, but it's fairly subtle to that point. You probably wouldn't notice or suspect it otherwise, especially since "projectiles can't be aimbotted".

https://gfycat.com/LameWideKestrel

10+ Year Old Account
    Linked this a few days ago, it happens. I mean, this is a super obvious one when it snaps after killing me, but it's fairly subtle to that point. You probably wouldn't notice or suspect it otherwise, especially since "projectiles can't be aimbotted".

Not even sure that's what's going on there. It doesn't snap TO another player, for one, and even so, those views are reconstructions by the game engine based on what the ENGINE saw, not the other player, so they're not perfect examples.

15+ Year Old Account

I would rather have an Junkrat powering up an enemy Zarya than a Widow or Hanzo any day on any map unless the Widow/Hanzo are ridiculously good (and realistically like less than 10% of the people who think they are actually are). In fact there is virtually no situation where Widow or Hanzo are a better pick than any other character (in Comp).

- - - Updated - - -

Not likely. If it was an aimbot it would have snapped to you instead of casually moving to you and killing you. The aftersnap pointed at nothing. I would need to see more examples from this person before I considered it an aimbot.

I see nothing suspicious there, he comes up the wall, aims left looking for you, sees you and turns right, releases a tree trunk and kills you. More than likely he knew where you were because of the red line WM snipes leave behind or his sonic arrow revealed you before this.
    This kind of shot is entirely possible if they know where you are, your red snipe line gives your position away. I've had one McCree that I suspected of aim botting where I saw him, got hit in the face and left that area to get a health pack, used junk rat det pack to toss myself over a wall and the second my head cleared the stone I was head shot again and typically it is much harder to hit a junk rat that is flying through the air especially when McCree shouldn't know where you are.

The fact they looked left before firing to find you tells me this was legit. Blizzard screwed you by adding a red trail behind each snipe shot that is a big red finger pointing to where you are.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sym can be fantastic on KotH, but it depends on your team and moreso the other team. She is really comp dependant and you need to be ready to swap off if the other team isn't clueless and can counter you effectively.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I see nothing suspicious there, he comes up the wall, aims left looking for you, sees you and turns right, releases a tree trunk and kills you. More than likely he knew where you were because of the red line WM snipes leave behind or his sonic arrow revealed you before this.
    This kind of shot is entirely possible if they know where you are, your red snipe line gives your position away. I've had one McCree that I suspected of aim botting where I saw him, got hit in the face and left that area to get a health pack, used junk rat det pack to toss myself over a wall and the second my head cleared the stone I was head shot again and typically it is much harder to hit a junk rat that is flying through the air especially when McCree shouldn't know where you are.

The fact they looked left before firing to find you tells me this was legit. Blizzard screwed you by adding a red trail behind each snipe shot that is a big red finger pointing to where you are.
    They actually killed her with a sonic arrow. Even if he didn't know she was there immediately on climbing the wall the large red arc from her venom mine might as well have been a shoot me arrow.

7+ Year Old Account
    horrible.

people either leave, throw the match because "booohoo! he said i shouldnt play this!" or "he picked someone i dont like!" or "we lost the first point in the first fucking round, lets give up and throw the match!" or are simply trolling because apparently its funny to fuck over others SR.

im getting sick of this, i need a team.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    End of the season now so time to avoid queuing :P