Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikall View Post
    I'll be up for doing some QMs with anyone. TeaNCrumpets#2935
    Which region are you in?

My bad, I'm in EU.
    Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a single night. Set a man on fire, and he shall be warm for the rest of his life.

up for 5 QMs this week

Chernabog#2475 - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the next couple of rewards are a bit myeh, but you HAVE to do them, if you want the 10 chests for the last week.

MEAN Blizz! XD
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I will be so, so, so happy when this event is over. So tired of trying to do a quick queue match and getting a bunch of people grouped in the queue who do not know how to play the game or to do objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelaphim-EX View Post
    I will be so, so, so happy when this event is over. So tired of trying to do a quick queue match and getting a bunch of people grouped in the queue who do not know how to play the game or to do objectives.
    On the bright side, if you wanna play heroes you're not real familiar with(or like but aren't real good with), now is a great time to learn them, cause chances are good you're going to be both paired with and opposed by people who don't know what they're doing.

It's also a great time to be a dick and pick stealth heroes, since so many of the new players have no idea how to counter them. 15 kills in 1 game last night as Nova, including soloing an Azmodan twice, having a Varian use Charge and then Colossus Smash my Decoy(then get deleted)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this today and got a good laugh:

http://imgur.com/a/hauqa (will actually get picture later. lazy atm)
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2017-05-15 at 12:30 AM.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Does anyone know of any chat channels that have people talking, organizing games and whatnot. I'm currently only part of the mmo-c channel, but it only shows me and at most 2-3 other people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaspar View Post
    Does anyone know of any chat channels that have people talking, organizing games and whatnot. I'm currently only part of the mmo-c channel, but it only shows me and at most 2-3 other people in it.
    I would like to know this too, since I really want to get back in Team League and more coordinated quick matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    I would like to know this too, since I really want to get back in Team League and more coordinated quick matches.
    I know there are usually people in "Team League" or "TeamLeague", but other than that not really sure about an official one.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

http://imgur.com/a/hauqa (will actually get picture later. lazy atm)
    A friend posted that to me yesterday. I pointed out that it was the exact same reason people played LoL or Smite. He didn't reply.

Deleted

(will actually get picture later. lazy atm)
    This is actually the only reason I have wanted to play since quite a while. Never did it, but now with the Challenge I might actually finally do it. I don't know if I hate or admire their marketing team...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    A friend posted that to me yesterday. I pointed out that it was the exact same reason people played LoL or Smite. He didn't reply.
    What games do you get skins for by playing LoL or Smite?

What games do you get skins for by playing LoL or Smite?
    League has had a (poor) cosmetic chest system for a while now and Smite lets you pay their normal in-game currency on cosmetics -or- heroes (and many people just bought the unlock every hero pack, so they just buy cosmetics). I think DotA 2 is still the only major MOBA where someone, somewhere, *has* to give the developer money for cosmetics. I could be wrong though, I don't actually keep up with DotA 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    League has had a (poor) cosmetic chest system for a while now and Smite lets you pay their normal in-game currency on cosmetics -or- heroes (and many people just bought the unlock every hero pack, so they just buy cosmetics). I think DotA 2 is still the only major MOBA where someone, somewhere, *has* to give the developer money for cosmetics. I could be wrong though, I don't actually keep up with DotA 2.
    See I think you're misunderstanding the picture ahah. It's saying people play HoTS to get skins for OTHER games. not for HoTS... Now I know for most of us (me included) that's not the case, but lets face it... for a large amount of people it is :P
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2017-05-15 at 11:28 PM.

Last week of the challenge has begun in the US! 10 loot boxes for both Heroes and Overwatch are up for grabs.

See I think you're misunderstanding the picture ahah. It's saying people play HoTS to get skins for OTHER games. not for HoTS... Now I know for most of us (me included) that's not the case, but lets face it... for a large amount of people it is :P
    Well, I can say that the person that posted it at me definitely meant it in the context of "You are playing HotS because of the easy, free access to cosmetics" as though other MOBAs haven't already gone down that road.

Actually, the only reason I didn't play HotS 1.0 more was because of the awful reward system. There was never really any reason to play longer then you needed to to finish your daily quest and/or hit level 5 on a character, just spamming games for their own sake was much less rewarding then, say League of Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaspar View Post
    Three channels that have given me good luck:
    MFPT (Pallytimes channel, not a huge fan but is active and helpful)
    Nubkeks (Nubkeks channel, ofc...not as noisey as MFPT but lots of people to find for groups and decent chat.)
    ASUSROG (More active on EU, it is the asus channel and the one Grubby uses, have found some good teammates here)

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to ask the same about channels, but also i forget how to join them?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I was going to ask the same about channels, but also i forget how to join them?
    /join channel name

ex: /join nubkeks