Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Macedonia is a greek country, it's where Alexander came from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Macedonia is a greek country, it's where Alexander came from.
    The current Macedonia has like nothing to do with Alexander's Macedonia.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    You mean like Italy has nothing to do with the Romans? It's still the same soil, with the descendants of the same people.

10+ Year Old Account
    So now you are contradicting your response to my post. Make up your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portugal won and it was the shittiest song i've ever heard. Even the ''Pen-pineapple-apple-pen'' is better. >_>

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like Italy has nothing to do with the Romans? It's still the same soil, with the descendants of the same people.
    No, not the descendants of the same people.

Macedonia today compared to Macedonia during Alexanders age is like comparing Egypt today to Egypt during Ramesses II's age.

Not the same people ethnically, culturally, different religion, different language. The only relevance is geographical location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    So now you are contradicting your response to my post. Make up your mind.
    What? What didn't you understand about that? The current people of Macedonia is Slavic. Has been for 1500 years.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    Current Macedonia isn't even geographically Alexander's Macedonia.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not the descendants of the same people.

Macedonia today compared to Macedonia during Alexanders age is like comparing Egypt today to Egypt during Ramesses II's age.

Not the same people ethnically, culturally, different religion, different language. The only relevance is geographical location.

- - - Updated - - -

What? What didn't you understand about that? The current people of Macedonia is Slavic. Has been for 1500 years.
    Current Macedonians have nothing in common with slavs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Current Macedonians have nothing in common with slavs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Macedonia

Slavic peoples settled in the Balkan region including Macedonia by the late 6th century AD. During the 580s, Byzantine literature attests to the Slavs raiding Byzantine territories in the region of Macedonia, later aided by Bulgars. Historical records document that in c. 680 a group of Bulgars, Slavs and Byzantines led by a Bulgar called Kuber settled in the region of the Keramisian plain, centred on the city of Bitola.[44]Presian's reign apparently coincides with the extension of Bulgarian control over the Slavic tribes in and around Macedonia. The Slavic peoples that settled in the region of Macedonia converted to Christianity around the 9th century during the reign of Tsar Boris I of Bulgaria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Slavs

The South Slavs are a subgroup of Slavic peoples who speak the South Slavic languages.
    They inhabit a contiguous region in the Balkan Peninsula, the southern Pannonian Plain and the eastern Alps, and are geographically separated from the body of West Slavic and East Slavic people by the Romanians, Hungarians, and Austrians. The South Slavs include the Bosniaks, Bulgarians, Croats, Macedonians, Montenegrins, Serbs and Slovenes. They are the main population of the Southeastern European countries of Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Slovenia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedo...(ethnic_group)

The Macedonians (Macedonian: Македонци; transliterated: Makedonci), also known as Macedonian Slavs[34][35] or Slavic Macedonians,[36] are a South Slavic ethnic group native to the region of Macedonia. They speak the Macedonian language, a South Slavic language. About two thirds of all ethnic Macedonians live in the Republic of Macedonia and there are also communities in a number of other countries.

Now crawl back to the hole you came from. I can't believe I actually spent time even talking to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet they have nothing in common culturally with slavs, go educate your self.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just report and move on guys... This is becoming embarrassing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Just report and move on guys... This is becoming embarrassing.
    I did. There was no point in continuing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Current Macedonia isn't even geographically Alexander's Macedonia.
    You forgot their kin in Aegean Macedonia which was but most of them were ethnic cleansed or assimilated by greeks who needed land after getting kicked out of Turkey so they settled in macedonia/europe where they have lived for barely a century n now they haf the nerve to tell people who have lived there for at least ca 1400 years if not a lot longer that Macedonia isn't theirs.

Go back to asia, turkey with you, where u belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    So being American I had never heard of the Eurovision Contest before this thread. Watched all the video's on Youtube. Couldn't get through the first minute of most of them. Seemed like typical pop music trash. Was about to stop when I came across Belgium's song. Absolutely love it. Went and bought it actually. Not sure what it is about her voice and that song...

My ranking would have been:

1.) Belgium - Only song I actually really liked.
    2.) Moldova - Thought the video was funny (was the only other song I got all the way through.)
    3.) Ukraine - It was a rock song in a pop contest. It had to be on my list.

Stupid American question time...

Why is Israel and Australia competing in this Euro contest..?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    He wasn't, the contest was hosted in Ukraine this year because due to their problems with Russia they were awarded the victory last year despite using a banned song. Then to add comedy they banned Russia from entering this year lol. That's why it's so great Portugal have won this year because hopefully in 2018 we can move forwards from all this corrupt nonsense and the contest can return to normal.
    Yes he was. The contest was hosted in Ukraine because Jamala's song was objectively the best in 2016 if you have any kind of a decent taste in music. The song wasn't banned, it just got russia's unending butthurt, cause they really hate to be reminded of their "great deeds". And Ukraine didn't ban russia. The singer they chose, Julia Samoylova, was banned from entering Ukraine for going to annexed Crimea via a plane directly from russia, instead of properly crossing Ukraine's border. This law has been working for 3+ years now and there are no exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Who was that female Ukrainian presenter who gave the panel score? Asking for a friend.
    That would be Zlata Ognevich. Tell your friend that she doesn't have a lot of "researchable" photo-material though

Lol at the guy calling Romania slavic and asking others to educate themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Australia is a guest contestant.

Why Israel? Well:

Eligible participants include primarily Active Members (as opposed to Associate Members) of the EBU. Active members are those who are located in states that fall within the European Broadcasting Area, or are member states of the Council of Europe.[26]
    The European Broadcasting Area is defined by the International Telecommunication Union:[27]
    The "European Broadcasting Area" is bounded on the west by the western boundary of Region 1, on the east by the meridian 40° East of Greenwich and on the south by the parallel 30° North so as to include the northern part of Saudi Arabia and that part of those countries bordering the Mediterranean within these limits. In addition, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Ukraine and those parts of the territories of Iraq, Jordan and Syrian Arab Republic lying outside the above limits are included in the European Broadcasting Area.[a]

Deleted
    As opposed to the other Belgians, I actually liked our entry. The song is much better on record than live of course, but the key change for the last chorus trumps the recorded version massively. She performed so-so, but at least her last performance was the best vocally. It's a moody non-conventional song and not cut out for Eurovision.
    She's in the top 10 of almost every European country on Spotify Viral Top 50 the last week, which is actually pretty unique for a Belgian song.

Besides that I liked the Swedish song. Typical swe-candypop and one big Dressmann ad, but it's catchy and the performance was good enough. The lighting and sound mixing in general were a lot better at Melodifestivalen though.
    The UK song was also pretty strong, not surprised that they didn't get any votes though.

The rest was, overall, pure shit. The Bulgarian kid was whining from start to finish, the Austrian guy can't sing, the Portuguese song is an autistic snoozefest and then we have some trashy Eurodance and goddamn yodeling. No, it was the worst edition in the last 5 years.

Sweden should've sent Loreen with Statements. That song is simply amazing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSwordy View Post
    Lol at the guy calling Romania slavic and asking others to educate themselves.
    Romania, as a country, is hugely influenced by Slavs. Romanians themselves aren't Slavic.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Stupid American question time...

I think the main reason is something like... they liked it and joined the Broadcasting Union that's organizing the event and thus meet the requirements to participate. Or something like that.

You are right, most of the songs are pretty trashy pop, though there always have been some exceptions. I vividly remember watching the ESC with my parents back in 2006 and how shocked they were when Lordi won, haha.