Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Realms has enough people using the addon for it to be considered a valid sample size for gauging game health, just not subscription *count*.

I know you don't like it because it makes the game look bad, but it is, what it is.
    How does gathering incomplete population data gauge game health?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fatisha View Post
    You hit the nail on the head with your post. But unfortunately, IMHO there is no turning back. Removing automated group content would not end well - it has been a feature for many many years (got implemented in Mid-Wotlk... damn that's long ago ). Too many players have been cultivated by Blizzard to play the MMORPG as a single player experience, and pay a monthly sub for that. Blizz isn't gonna risk that sub money, and arguably those same players are also the ones who spend quite some extra cash on the eshop.
    Contrary to many posters here, I experienced the pre LFD times first hand, as a DPS no less.
    It was NOT FUN AT ALL to spam some dumb channel for hours.

LFD is great and I do not want to miss it.

The only problem was Wrath's freelooty-ness. That basically bred the expectation of a 100% success rate and tainted the community as a whole. They tried to revert that in cata but the damage was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Do some research befor you post something pls. There are mmos with far bigger player base. WoW is biggest sub mmo not biggest mmo.

- - - Updated - - -

It does matter. Becouse mmo is about community. No players = no community = boring mmo.
    Jesus is the lack of reading comprehension contagious around here?
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    They get the full 20 dollars. People only get services worth of 15 dollars, but Blizzard gets the full 20 dollars. That 5 is just extra
    Uh yes I know?

The emphasis seems to be on the rewards from the activities people complete. The grind to get the rewards isn't fun. Nor is the reward satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    a causal player is not someone who doesn't play a lot. It's someone who plays causal content, like leveling, questing, a few dungeons here and there maybe some LFR, maybe a few normal or heroic pugs if they're on more populated servers.

It's complete bullshit to sit there and say the game had more customization, what the fuck are you talking about? There was only ever 1 single best build for each spec and it hardly ever deviated. Most classes were literally pressing 1 button for their dps rotations. More buttons also doesn't automatically mean it's better. There were a ton of things you just didn't use because they weren't good enough. The complexity and uniqueness of each spec/class has never been so diverse.

u are wrong about customization.. there were plenty of shit you could do with your class, now you cant do shit.. and you're literally talking about one part of the game which is pve.. and there was plenty of casual content back in the days.. and casual players were able to do it.. why the fuck make classes much easier than they were? why ruin them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And what about older expansions? Was repetitive daily quests in TBC 'content'? There are MORE things to do now than back then.
    There are more unrewarding, boring and pointless things to do now then ever before. The past 2 expansions this dev team has struggled with meaningful content and it is showing. Excessive RNG and excessive repetition in the hopes of WF/TF is not engaging content.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

What exactly could you do customization wise before that you can't do now? Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? What "causal" content was there back in the days? Daily quests? That was literally it. And those still exist. How are classes easier now than back when you literally pressed 1 single button? At most some classes might have used 3.

You're seriously in denial here.

what customization? for example in pvp you could use different stats, trinkets(when they introduced reforging you could also make difference with it), different talent builds(like in tbc/wrath alot of classes had up to 7-8 different builds, now you barely changing talents if at all), most classes had more buttons than now that they were pressing(and im not even talking about rotation).. Warlocks alone lost like 21 ability I WAS USING since Cata.. the game had so much depth to it, now its just a casual shitshow with classes being easy as fuck after all the pruning... no depth, everything is easy.. some pretty complicated and fun mechanics were removed from the game entirely(like dot snapshotting etc.)

and normal raids can be viewed as a casual content.. what is a casual content now? farming nethershards? what else? rofl

again im not even talking about the amount of content.. cool you add content, then why would you ruin the classes? literally butcher them..

btw if you think that classes arent easier than they used to be then i have nothing more to say to you, you're dumb
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-05-15 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    What a bunch of crap you said here... numbers are higher now than the last 2 xpacs and most ppl are loving having more content than time to realy do it all
    That would be false. Numbers are not higher now then the last 2 expansions. The rest of your statement is not factual, just opinion. According to the latest Conference call, Legion was SLIGHTLY above WOD at the same point, which is not good. That was not taking into account the dumpster fire that is patch 7.2
    I would imagine the sub numbers now are quite a bit less then Pre 7.2
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The high medium low description on the realm select screen is not a way you can compare population of realms today vs in the past.. It's a completely arbitrary description if you are talking in terms of how many players are playing on a server.

All that word describes is the servers current population against what it's max capacity is... In other words a medium population realm could change to a low population overnight with no change in the number of people playing on it simply because blizz upped the capacity of the server.

This is exactly what happened mid WOD. Overnight many high population servers went from "high" to "medium" and many medium servers went from "medium" to "low" and obviously there was no change in server population in 1 day... It was simply because blizz upped server capacities.

This was not a customization option, what the fuck are you talking about? There's also been an order in which stats benefited any given class/spec. It wasn't an option, you were just playing incorrectly if you ignored those facts. Reforging only existed because of hit rating and expertise so people could min/max more effectively without just never taking some piece of loot with a ton of hit rating or if they couldn't get enough hit rating gear to drop. It's no longer needed.

You didn't even have different talent builds. You had a couple "viable" builds that you could use for raiding and pvp but you'd be laughed out of any serious competitive guild if you weren't using the literal one and only best talent build for your spec. You were not using 21 fucking abilities at any point in the game, you're just outright making shit up at this point and have no clue what you're talking about. Do you know the rotation for locks in BC? Shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt, shadowbolt... can I stop now? I think you refreshed dots, maybe?

Dot snapchotting, I actually agree was nice, but it wasn't interactive gameplay really. You just refreshed dots when a trinket procced. Nothing complicated about it. The biggest thing I actually miss are internal CDs of trinkets. Still not very interactive and I'd argue that RPPM is actually MORE interactive for some classes. They both have their ups and downs but I don't think one style is objectively better than another.

What "causal content" was there before? You didn't answer that question.

again you probably never played a game on any level close to good.. so i cba talking to you.. you keep talking about your dumb rotation in pve.. jesus ur delusional..

i can name 20 abilities that were removed from warlocks since cata(some were replaced by some trash ass abilities, some became talents that you rarely or never use, some became scuffed pvp talents taht work differently and arent as cool anymore, but majority of them arent in the game)

so warlocks lost(affliction is an example): fel armor and demon armor(you were constantly switching between them in arenas), curses(there were 4 of them you were using in arenas), drain life, drain mana, shadow bolt(nightfall procs), basically lost haunt cause its a talent no one uses, searing pain, rain of fire, hellfire, shadow ward, death coil is a talent that is rarely being used(and you choose between howl so you basically lost both), shadowflame, fel flame, demon soul is a talent that no one uses, soulburn, demonic circle is also a talent.. alot of these abilities had many different macros they were tied to.. like focus curses, arena 123 soulswap etc. etc. so there were even more buttons..
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-05-15 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    what customization? for example in pvp you could use different stats, trinkets(when they introduced reforging you could also make difference with it), different talent builds(like in tbc/wrath alot of classes had up to 7-8 different builds, now you barely changing talents if at all), most classes had more buttons than now that they were pressing(and im not even talking about rotation).. Warlocks alone lost like 21 ability I WAS USING since Cata.. the game had so much depth to it, now its just a casual shitshow with classes being easy as fuck after all the pruning... no depth, everything is easy.. some pretty complicated and fun mechanics were removed from the game entirely(like dot snapshotting etc.)

and normal raids can be viewed as a casual content.. what is a casual content now? farming nethershards? what else? rofl

again im not even talking about the amount of content.. cool you add content, then why would you ruin the classes? literally butcher them..

btw if you think that classes arent easier than they used to be then i have nothing more to say to you, you're dumb
    I change talents between fights all the time in current raids. I hardly ever changed talents in TBC/WotLK for end game raiding. Once you picked your talents in those expansions you were basically done. So what if some classes had more buttons in prior expansions if you never or rarely used the damn things. And when it comes to actual combat (which is most of the game btw) they had very limited rotations. In TBC as a moonkin I think I spammed one spell 90% of the time and warlocks were shadowbolt spammers. Nice.

Raids in Vanilla/TBC were NOT casual content. Period. I'd say the one difference Vanilla/TBC had was the quality of dungeons which was a major failing of MoP/WoD. M+ has fixed the problem for the most part and dungeons are relevant again.

again you probably never played a game on any level close to good.. so i cba talking to you.. you keep talking about your dumb rotation in pve.. jesus ur delusional
    Yeah there you go, insult someone because you disagree with them.

- - - Updated - - -

So you didn't play in BC then? I played a BM hunter then. I literally just spammed steady shot. That was it. Many classes were like this. I've cleared every single piece of content in guilds ranging from top 50-500 since BC released, but sure, pretend I don't know what I'm talking about.
    I know right? It sounds like arguments being made from someone who never actually played in Vanilla/TBC. Warlocks were boring as all hell with shadowbolt spam and my spec of balance druid was very limited in rotation mostly spamming the same spell over and over like locks were doing.

I change talents between fights all the time in current raids. I hardly ever changed talents in TBC/WotLK for end game raiding. Once you picked your talents in those expansions you were basically done. So what if some classes had more buttons in prior expansions if you never or rarely used the damn things. And when it comes to actual combat (which is most of the game btw) they had very limited rotations. In TBC as a moonkin I think I spammed one spell 90% of the time and warlocks were shadowbolt spammers. Nice.

Raids in Vanilla/TBC were NOT casual content. Period. I'd say the one difference Vanilla/TBC had was the quality of dungeons which was a major failing of MoP/WoD. M+ has fixed the problem for the most part and dungeons are relevant again.

why the fuck when you talk about old wow ppl keep bringing fucking vanilla?

Yeah there you go, insult someone because you disagree with them.

- - - Updated - - -

I know right? It sounds like arguments being made from someone who never actually played in Vanilla/TBC. Warlocks were boring as all hell with shadowbolt spam and my spec of balance druid was very limited in rotation mostly spamming the same spell over and over like locks were doing.
    Rotations are a 100% WotLK and on concept, I don't know why everyone who "played in vanilla" forgets that they pressed 1 to 3 buttons max.

read again

again you probably never played a game on any level close to good.. so i cba talking to you.. you keep talking about your dumb rotation in pve.. jesus ur delusional..

i can name 20 abilities that were removed from warlocks since cata(some were replaced by some trash ass abilities, some became talents that you rarely or never use, some became scuffed pvp talents taht work differently and arent as cool anymore, but majority of them arent in the game)

so warlocks lost(affliction is an example): fel armor and demon armor(you were constantly switching between them in arenas), curses(there were 4 of them you were using in arenas), drain life, drain mana, shadow bolt(nightfall procs), basically lost haunt cause its a talent no one uses, searing pain, rain of fire, hellfire, shadow ward, death coil is a talent that is rarely being used(and you choose between howl so you basically lost both), shadowflame, fel flame, demon soul is a talent that no one uses, soulburn, demonic circle is also a talent.. alot of these abilities had many different macros they were tied to.. like focus curses, arena 123 soulswap etc. etc. so there were even more buttons..

and stop bringing vanilla.. its irrelevant

why the fuck when you talk about old wow ppl keep bringing fucking vanilla?
    I didn't change talents for raiding/dungeons in Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and I don't remember having to do it in Cata either. In PvP situations I had a set talent build for those too. There was no real variety, there were the best options and then everything else.

The earnings calk they did few weeks ago the said legion is a little above wod and wod was at the same Q at 5.5 million so somewhere around there

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Rotations are a 100% WotLK and on concept, I don't know why everyone who "played in vanilla" forgets that they pressed 1 to 3 buttons max.
    Yeah you couldn't even call it a rotation back then because like I said some specs like frost mages, balance druids, shadowbolt spamming locks didn't have much anything to do for 90% of a fight.

The realm designation changed in WoD. Even if the population is low, the game doesn't feel like it is. Still dozens of five man groups around the clock and new ones being made every few minutes.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV