Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Can we have a NON-epic expansion please??

Is anyone else tired of these EPIC OMFG CONSTANT OVER HYPED expansions? (wod and legion)

Are we ever gonna get a semi interesting content wise not so FMLOMFGROFLCOPTERIMSOHIGH expansion? Like MOP for example?

@Blizzard: You dont always have to make a FUCKING MIND BLOWING JESUS expansion, can we please have a full content wise but not this type of overreacting content that looks more like a core to do than actual enjoyment.

TIP: Give us content but dont make it such hyped and exagerated where every quest is like a OMFG quest.

Can we go back to kill 8 boars and loot 10 candles? Thanks.

What you guys think, these last 2 expansion (not saying I didnt enjoy them, but getting a little tired of all the hype) were a bit overreactive expansions.. would you like a semi-content wise not so hyped but interesting expansion like mop for example?

So you want boring content? lul, what's wrong with you

Dont buy into or pay attention to the hype, problem solved.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You know... by your definition MoP doesn't even fall under that, only really Vanilla does with its lack of direction and bad guy.

TBC was OMGLEGIONOMG
    Wrath was OMGLICHKINGOMGOLDGODS
    Cata was OMGDEATHWINGOMGWORLDBLEWUP
    MoP was OMGOLDGODSOMGGARROSHISINSANE

etc etc

Plus, side expansions are just meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah MoP wasn't chill in the slightest. We had the Orc Hitler and Sha fucking shit up all over the place and the Thunderkings revival. Shit was fucked if we didn't step in.

And while I can see the appeal in a more simple story I just can't see it happening after a non stop crazy train since BC and us killing titan watchers, dragon aspects, old gods, lich king etc

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You know... by your definition MoP doesn't even fall under that, only really Vanilla does with its lack of direction and bad guy.

TBC was OMGLEGIONOMG
    Wrath was OMGLICHKINGOMGOLDGODS
    Cata was OMGDEATHWINGOMGWORLDBLEWUP
    MoP was OMGOLDGODSOMGGARROSHISINSANE

etc etc

Plus, side expansions are just meh...
    I'm pretty sure a majority of every quest is just as plain as he labeled from day 1 til now, sure they've added some flavor but questing is questing.

It's amazing how many people on MMO-C don't understand shit about business or marketing at all.

"What's your marketing campaign for the new WoW expansion."

"Well, we've titled it Return to Goldshire and basically you just kill bigger and stronger boars."

"Ok then what? Surely there's some kind of overarching storyline, some enemy to fight?"

"Nope, really just boars, some spiders too."

"There must be a raid though?"

"Yeah, that's pretty boring too. We really tried to avoid any kind of exciting or epic feeling because some dude on MMO-Champion said he wanted a boring expansion."
    Beta Club Brosquad

I'd rather get the Sargeras/VoidLords stuff out of the way while WoW still breathes on its own. Once we finish the main story the game can go on life support with non-epic content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarosanuNr1 View Post
    I'd rather get the Sargeras/VoidLords stuff out of the way while WoW still breathes on its own. Once we finish the main story the game can go on life support with non-epic content.
    Non epic content will come around like mist but have some epicness in it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    "Yeah, that's pretty boring too. We really tried to avoid any kind of exciting or epic feeling because some dude on MMO-Champion said he wanted a boring expansion."
    Overhyped doesn't mean fun. OP didn't say a boring expansion, just one that's not overhyped with recycling dead chars and OMGF!!!!1111oneoneone every corner. Or at least, that's what I understand.

Why would any company not want to market their product as the best thing yet/ever? Hyping/Over-hyping a product gets people excited. Excited people in turn throw money at said product. Company that made said product swims in the pool of cash they made. Welcome to economics.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Revenge of Hogger
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    Is anyone else tired of these EPIC OMFG CONSTANT OVER HYPED expansions? (wod and legion)

Are we ever gonna get a semi interesting content wise not so FMLOMFGROFLCOPTERIMSOHIGH expansion? Like MOP for example?

@Blizzard: You dont always have to make a FUCKING MIND BLOWING JESUS expansion, can we please have a full content wise but not this type of overreacting content that looks more like a core to do than actual enjoyment.

TIP: Give us content but dont make it such hyped and exagerated where every quest is like a OMFG quest.

What you guys think, these last 2 expansion (not saying I didnt enjoy them, but getting a little tired of all the hype) were a bit overreactive expansions.. would you like a semi-content wise not so hyped but interesting expansion like mop for example?
    While it would not say, that going back to killing 8 boars is a good thing, i do agree, that the epicness of the expansions is hitting stupid lvls. It would be really good if we could experience an expansion, where we are not saving the world or killing the destroyer of galaxies. Maybe an expansion, where we are adventures discovering new ground and meeting new races and people would be cool. An expansion, where raids are big caves, where treasure is guarded by big monsters and not huge demons and gods.

While i like a good epic fantasy story, we have had that 4 expansions i a row now and a little break for us players to do something else then constant saving the world would be good. Maybe an expansion all about exploring a new planet or world, where there is no huge enemy and just the adventure as a main story plot.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I think what the OP means is that:

Yes we need an expansion that's engaging, fun and epic, but not on the scale of Legion, Old gods, Undead attacking. Blizzard can still make an epic expansion without pulling out the big guns all the time. Warcraft's becoming stale with the three themes recycled over and over again. They need to use an expansion that is just as epic as the others, but bring out some new enemies that we can build up in future expansions.

It's to do with the rise and fall curves. ATM we're just constantly rising and each expansion is becoming more outlandish than the last. Gone are the days we were the hero. now we're practically a world ruler. So in that regards it needs to just come down a few pegs and focus on quality storytelling then trying to throw in 10001 other gimmicks and just go back to being engaging.

I don't even want a relaxing one. I want a creative one. I think Pandaria turned out so good less because of the lack of a Big Evul Dud and more because of the creativity. It really was refreshing to go out and read those scrolls and actually feel like I learned something about the game. It was neat to see that big wall and learn the history around it. Draenor had that potential but they threw it out the window and that is a true shame, especially when you go back and look at the effort put into places like Talador and Spires of Arak. Legion didn't even care slightly about the lore though and just barely had anything, fuck I still don't understand how Suramar wasn't invaded by the Highmountain Tauren, Naga, Vrykul, or anything else. It makes pretty much 0 sense.

I'm just waiting for them to make the gathering professions baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrajin View Post
    I think what the OP means is that:

Yes we need an expansion that's engaging, fun and epic, but not on the scale of Legion, Old gods, Undead attacking. Blizzard can still make an epic expansion without pulling out the big guns all the time. Warcraft's becoming stale with the three themes recycled over and over again. They need to use an expansion that is just as epic as the others, but bring out some new enemies that we can build up in future expansions.

It's to do with the rise and fall curves. ATM we're just constantly rising and each expansion is becoming more outlandish than the last. Gone are the days we were the hero. now we're practically a world ruler. So in that regards it needs to just come down a few pegs and focus on quality storytelling then trying to throw in 10001 other gimmicks and just go back to being engaging.
    World of Warcraft Legion II: Gat out of Hell

Deleted
    I want an expansion where we return to being adventures instead of being heroes with multiple artifacts, an expansion that actually feels like a mmo instead of a single player game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post

Yeah Blizzard, give us something boring instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant008 View Post
    I want an expansion where we return to being adventures instead of being heroes with multiple artifacts, an expansion that actually feels like a mmo instead of a single player game.
    That would be awfully anti-climactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    Overhyped doesn't mean fun. OP didn't say a boring expansion, just one that's not overhyped with recycling dead chars and OMGF!!!!1111oneoneone every corner. Or at least, that's what I understand.
    Oh ok that's completely different!

"So how are we marketing this one?"

"Zero hype. Just gonna take a real casual approach. Epic is passe, this expansion is just gonna be super-average. No hype at all."

I mean that's completely fucking retarded. The idea of not hyping a video game you're investing millions of dollars to is unbelievably idiotic.
    Beta Club Brosquad