Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The guild that I am in is pretty much just that, except that we have killed Mythic Skorpyron because that boss is easy and we had the people to do it.

Our main goal in terms of raiding is Ahead of the curve, everything we do beyond killing the last boss on heroic is just an added bonus if the opportunity arises.

Heroic only is all plenty of servers have. There are a lot of low population old servers that dont touch mythic content and on the off chance they do it is after you can cross realm or with an occasional cross fuild easy boss raid. Kill the first easy boss once and pack it in.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot more Heroic guilds than there are Mythic guilds. Only a very tiny tiny fraction of the playerbase actually runs Mythic raiding.

Nothing new for me to say but hc only guilds do exist. Currently in one but really the reason is that we lack the man power. We got some core people that have stuck around for many many years and then we got a crowd that comes and goes. There are of course some people who struggle to pull the weight but personally I don't mind.

since the 10 man days there are a lot of guilds who cant beat the 20 guys boss. i never really understood why blizz killed the 10 man scene, it was so much fun, from wotlk to pandaria. Since then i have been seeing mythic raids falling apart due to roster issues 7 or 8 times. My last 20 man raid disbanded shortly after nh was released, some of us joined another raid, who had the same struggles, but most just stopped playing. So instead of 4-5 full 10 mens, we got 1 running 20 men and 30 lost subscriptions. Thats cant work forever, every running 20 men raid is cannibalizing the ones that are 2-3 peoples short. on my realm ally side we went from 5 to 3 mythic raidteams only during nighthold. In Pandaland, including 10 mens, there was 20 + on alliance alone that were clearing most of mythic content.

Our guild, who is the servers /realmgroups best ally guild, is now at 6 mythics, and perhaps we can get 2-3 more before new raid comes out, and if we get really lucky, perhaps even guldan if some additional nerves are given to him.

The guild I manage is strictly a Heroic raiding guild. The reasons are various, going from being older adults with only 6 hours a week to dedicate to it, mainly being concerned about AotC achieves, variable skill levels, and the need to not make raiding "a business" and trying to keep it a bit more friendly and casual. We're happy with it (Heroic mode) and that's all that matters to us. Your results may vary.

I'm part of a heroic raiding guild. I joined over a year ago, the other core have been around for years and years.

I used to do hardcore raiding, but between university and work I wanted a lax schedule and a fun, no stress environment.

I just try to pug mythic now, when it is available for cross realm.

We have people of varying skill levels, some should be in Normal, some should be on mythic. We enjoy each other's company and relaxed attitudes. We only get slightly serious when we are close to a kill. Sometimes we bench players, but bring them later once the group is more than geared to carry more players.

Our biggest issue is a bunch of raiding guilds that transferred to our server in Legion. They've stomped the original raiding guilds everyone knew, and now people go to those guilds. It makes recruitment difficult, especially when we don't plan on hitting mythic. For perwpective, we were usually in the top 5 to 10 to clear heroic on our server in WoD. Now we are in the 30s to 40s where we are behind many guilds who haven't been on the server long.

We are currently gearing alts and getting raid achievement for fun now. We are all pretty excited for tomb of sargeras to release, hoping it causes more players to look for a raiding guild like ours.

As an extra note: we would probably do 10 man mythic if it existed. But mot push it too hard as to riak burn out. We'd take it slow, no rush, no pressure.
    Last edited by Sixnalia; 2017-05-15 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    There are quire a few guilds of people who only clear heroic and do full quick clears, and are full of good players.

Basically with the mind set of they don't have the time, or want to spend the time on pushing mythic, but want to stay geared and raid.

A lot of people love raiding, but can only spare 1 night a week, so they do heroic.
    This is what my guild does. We just get together to do heroic because a lot of us can't or don't want to deal with the mythic bullshit anymore. Plus with loltitanforging why even bother unless you like the "challenge" of trying to find 23-25 people who aren't miserable as fuck slogging through it for months.

Is our group capable of smashing through at least probably the first six bosses if we recruited another 5-6 people? Sure. Do we care? Not a bit. I quit mythic raiding about 2 months ago and I have not been happier with this group. I'd rather stay in heroic with a good group than deal with guilds being a revolving door and falling by the wayside every 3 months because people are tired of the bullshit.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2017-05-15 at 06:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. For example: my guild.

We're a bunch of 25+ year olds that used to do Mythic, but just can't be bothered anymore. We have IRL obligations, but we still want to raid. So, we do Normal and Heroic one day a week, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    Thats basisly what validates Mythic as the highest difficulty as it removes the randomness of 10-30 man tuning where at certain numbers sometimes you get 4 debuffs with X players, and the 2d time that mechanic happens you get 5 debuffs. Also a fixed format gives Blizzard better options to design the Mythic only mechanics and lets them tune in a more consistant way, since you dont have to deal with scaling.

When it was Heroic 10 and 25 difficulty was al over the place, a boss that was hard on 25 could be piss easy on 10, while a boss that was hard on 10 could be piss easy on 25's. All in all while flex formats are imho good for the game, it makes perfect sense that the highest difficulty is a non flex format.
    then all difficulties should be a fixed size.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    then all difficulties should be a fixed size.
    I dont agree, Normal and Heroic are fine for flexsized raids, they don't have to be as tightly tuned so topguilds won't stomp it as top guilds have Mythic. Also Flex sizes are great for friends and family type of guilds so they don't have to set out a person or 2 like in the past when they had 12 show up for a 10 man, or 26 for a 25 man, or cancel raid because only 23 showed up.

I actually feel the current formats are the best WoW has had for quite some time, mythic is challenging at the top end, partially due to being a fixed raid size and theres not bickering anymore on the forums about if 10 heroic is inferior to 25 heroic like in the past.

And on the lower end Normal and Heroic guilds / groups of friends can just take any size they want as long its below 30 and above 10 without having to cancel raids or sit ppl out.

Now surely this change sucked a bit for strickt 10 man guilds with rosters build around being 10 man, but i think in the end that paid off. Atleast none of the guilds i know on my realm that wanted to raid mythic had any issues come WoD to build a roster up to 20 man for that.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis View Post
    On low pop servers, what you described first totally exist. Few weeks to clear Heroic, not enough people to do Mythic. So they grind Heroic and never do Mythics.
    Aye, this is us.. we try to staff up but there are always someone dropping out or recruits bailing after 2 "free gear runs in HC"... so the hardest part of raiding mythics is for sure not the bosses, it's getting the manpower to do it!

There are many HC only guilds. Just look at wowprogress. The gap from Flex with people between 12 - 25 people turning up, but not always and not all fully geared etc, to an exactly 20 man team is huge!

Deleted
    Did something similar to that back in WotLK - however in 25m heroic. But I imagine it might be similar for heroic only guilds. Why bother with troublesome content when it is more fun to simply kill stuff.

Philosophy was simple: On one evening, try to clear as much as you can, for as much loot as possible without even trying bosses that might be complicated unless there is really no other boss active.

Ended up on two bosses missing each evening at the end of the expansion, which is actually pretty good considering the time investment. Good times.

Oh and as others stated, there are guilds that do this for their "friends and family fun raid", with twinks, or simply because it takes less time - or any combination of those.

Those types of guilds only exist based on the fact they don't have enough core raiders for doing Mythic.

I know of several on my realm, they have about 13 core players, sometime more, sometimes less on raid night. They use the Premade Finder to fill in the spots for Heroic, they don't do Mythic because, well, they just have no choice.

I'm in one, but we are finally starting mythic tonight since there is still over a month to Tomb. Bout time considering we vastly overgear heroic.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Not too many. Heroic is simply too easy with increased gear + nerfs to last even for casuals and/or bad players. Guilds reform all the time though and some form from alts etc, so im sure there are some who are progressing HC as we speak. But those who started HC day one, had a healthy roster, raid 3 times a week and still are progressing HC Gul'dan are very few in number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    There are a lot more Heroic guilds than there are Mythic guilds. Only a very tiny tiny fraction of the playerbase actually runs Mythic raiding.
    That's because there are like no incentives to play mythic and they don't even try it because they think it's too much hassle(and rightfully so). You can exactly the same gear(same ilvl with more luck ofc) and even get infernal mounts in both versions just different colourings.

Our guild doesn't do Mythic, 8+ of us have done hard core raiding and have zero interest in ever doing so again. We are 2 nites, 3 hours ea until it's on farm then we clear in a nite and do other things like achieves or clear normal for AP.

It makes for a much more relaxed and enjoyable game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    the difficulties of raiding aren't the problem, it's the commitment you have to put in to be "good". which is horseshit too, if you have a team of 20 thats willing to focus for 6 hours a week, you could clear any raid on any difficulty.

but nooooo everyone wants a 2nd job that doesnt pay

OT: once a heroic guild gets to steamroll mode they probably just try mythic and see how far they can get, or just work on it at their own pace
    I never understood folks wanting to do it 4 days a week. I'm happy doing M for a couple nights a week but thats about it. We are 6/10 almost 7/10 on 2 nights a week. And just like most folks in this thread it is hard to keep 20 active guys on the roster. We are always recruiting to keep it going.

My guild is heroic only for a few reasons:

1. We don't have 20 raiders. Most raid nights we have 12-14 total.
    2. Our guild has been around for 12 years and most of the raiders only have 2 hours to spare 2 nights a week so not enough time to progress beyond H
    3. Skill level in the raid varies partially due to #2 where some don't have the time to really get their spec down and pull numbers
    4. Most don't care about mythic

Our typical operation is we'll slowly progress through normal and heroic during the tier with a few of us pugging outside and doing mythic+. Beginning of expac is the filter tiers where we lose all the "I WANT TO RAID NOW" people who show up for a few weeks and then bail. So we get bogged down. Now that our roster is fairly stable we'll probably jump straight to heroic Tomb and see how we do. If goes well, we'll stay there. If not, we'll dip down to normal.