Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    That's with no adblock on, this is with it enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    That's with no adblock on, this is with it enabled
    Yeah, if you have it on and then disable it, you will get less ads, meaning that VW skin shouldn't have shown.

So at home I have AdBlock Installed and enjoy the quick load times and non-annoyance of Ads.

Here at work when I come to the site I get something like this...

This is why I browse with AdBlock. Happy I have my sound muted at work at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is by far the worst offender of any site I use. It was the original reason I downloaded Adblock years ago. I've actually recently switched to Chrome with Adblock because they seem to have found a way to push through ads on my Firefox with Adblock up. I still get the stupid whitelist request on Firefox and yet there are a minimum of 4 ads still pushing through per page without being whitelisted. There's a wraparound, top banner, top right video, and bottom banner at a minimum showing. I'm clicking every one of them with my adblocker and choosing to block frame/image. I've gone to going to custom bans as well and then any time I'd reload it on Firefox or click on a thread, they'd be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, if you have it on and then disable it, you will get less ads, meaning that VW skin shouldn't have shown.
    Maybe the goal should be to give a better experience to EVERYONE and not just the people who already are blocking ads.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    So at home I have AdBlock Installed and enjoy the quick load times and non-annoyance of Ads.

Here at work when I come to the site I get something like this...

This is why I browse with AdBlock. Happy I have my sound muted at work at least.
    And they want ME to whitelist this atrocity?

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    And they want ME to whitelist this atrocity?

Yup. Without adblock my browser even occasionally locks up on mmo-champ. They can be whitelisted when their ads place reasonable demands on my computer and my viewing experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    This is by far the worst offender of any site I use.
    Me too. Its the only one that ever managed to cause my computer to freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Yup. Without adblock my browser even occasionally locks up on mmo-champ. They can be whitelisted when their ads place reasonable demands on my computer and my viewing experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too. Its the only one that ever managed to cause my computer to freeze.

I don't know about you and the rest, but when an ad causes me so much trouble and annoyance, I tend to not only not buy the product being advertised, but I also badmouth the company to other people whenever I can.
    Last edited by FightingFarse; 2017-05-15 at 08:45 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

/Snip

Why don't you manually moderate all your ads?
    Honestly, we would love to be able to do that - but the fact is it's just not possible to manually check the tens of thousands of ads you might see. If you ever experience a bad ad on our site, please let us know right away. We will have it removed immediately - seriously.

Do you allow autoplay audio ads?
    No - we dislike them as much as you. However, sometimes one may occasionally slip through the cracks. As soon as an autoplay audio ad is reported, it's removed as quickly as possible. This is the same for ads that redirect on mobile.

Do you have malicious ads?
    It's very unlikely that an ad displaying on a page will give you a virus. If you ever click an ad, get redirected, and think you've received a virus, please let us know.

Can I just have some kind of membership with no ads?
    This is something we are definitely talking about. If you feel this way, please leave that as a point of feedback. Your comments are heard, and your opinions could help direct the future of the site.

My adblocker shows that it is blocking eleventy million ads!?
    This is the number of requests blocked, not actual ads. There are usually around 3-5 ads on a page.
    3-5 minimum. And if there's 3, it's because one is multifaceted, gigantic, and chewing massive amounts of resources/data.

And you might say that you don't have autoplay ads, but my experience says otherwise. Back when I didn't use adblocker, and briefly when I had to rejig my computer I had autoplay audio ads both times. As well as ones that "detected" mouseover and would autoplay while you're trying to use the talent calculator, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    I don't know about you and the rest, but when an ad causes me so much trouble and annoiyance, I tend to not only not buy the product being advertised, but I also badmouth the company to other people whenever I can.
    Yup, as well as cease recommending the site on which those ads are placed, sad to say.

OT: Incidentally, I would go for a one-time paid no-ad membership if it was reasonably priced. I can support a website. I will not grovel at its ad altar, however. And disabled adblocker is simply not gonna happen. MMO-champ is the reason I have it.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2017-05-15 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Booted up MMO-C in Microsoft Edge. Immediately bombarded with full page ads about some game that doesn't even look interesting to me.

Nope.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

In this thread:

chaud: "If you have adblock and disable it, the ads are much lighter."

Enraged Poster: "No! 20 years ago there was one ad that had sound. Look at this picture where my browser doesn't use adblock at all! You see how there are still ads there? Even though you said it's lighter only if you use adblock and then disable it? I'm not whitelisting at all. Corporations are greedy and never need money!"

Hello, everyone! This week, we're trying out a different AdBlock whitelisting request notification. This is something you can easily dismiss, and it'll appear every few days as a reminder that whitelisting really helps us out.

We're aware ads can sometimes be a frustrating experience, but - realistically - they are our main revenue source and necessary for us to remain online. Please know that we want you to have a positive experience on the site, and if you do decide to whitelist us, you should have a lighter ad experience.

No matter how you may feel, your feedback on this notification is greatly appreciated. We'll be reading it all and passing it along to everyone on our team.

FAQ

Why don't you manually moderate all your ads?
    Honestly, we would love to be able to do that - but the fact is it's just not possible to manually check the tens of thousands of ads you might see. If you ever experience a bad ad on our site, please let us know right away. We will have it removed immediately - seriously.

Do you allow autoplay audio ads?
    No - we dislike them as much as you. However, sometimes one may occasionally slip through the cracks. As soon as an autoplay audio ad is reported, it's removed as quickly as possible. This is the same for ads that redirect on mobile.

Do you have malicious ads?
    It's very unlikely that an ad displaying on a page will give you a virus. If you ever click an ad, get redirected, and think you've received a virus, please let us know.

Can I just have some kind of membership with no ads?
    This is something we are definitely talking about. If you feel this way, please leave that as a point of feedback. Your comments are heard, and your opinions could help direct the future of the site.

My adblocker shows that it is blocking eleventy million ads!?
    This is the number of requests blocked, not actual ads. There are usually around 3-5 ads on a page.
    I care about the revenue you gain from your adds about as much as some of your moderators care about my opininons on (place topic here). add blocker will remain up.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I would be open to paying for a premium, it would only be after you remove the dumb ass rule of not discussing moderator actions

Sorry but your moderation on this site is shit and needs an overhaul. You don't have moderators you have infractors and thread closers.
    This, hard. I would totally throw you a couple bucks a month or annually if you massively overhauled the moderation on the forums
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    In this thread:

Enraged Poster: "No! 20 years ago there was one ad that had sound. Look at this picture where my browser doesn't use adblock at all! You see how there are still ads there? Even though you said it's lighter only if you use adblock and then disable it? I'm not whitelisting at all. Corporations are greedy and never need money!"
    WTF are you on about? The site still uses ads with autoplay sound. That is a current feature of some of the ads. Whitelisting will make the ads lighter, but occasionally you will see the large bombardment of ads. You know, the ads that shrink the actual content and have the border going all around it. These ads will very much slow down many users browser.

And the main issue that so many users have is that Chaud has said on more than 1 occasion that any bad ad should be reported so they take it down quickly. That is unacceptable to many users. If they can't regulate the crap that gets through, even if it is only happening on rare occasions, the site is not getting whitelisted. I whitelist when I trust the site. Chaud admits that the site does not currently have the capability to do so. We understand that. We are not enraged by this, we simply keep using our adblocking software.

In this thread:

There are people turning off their adblockers and posting screenshots of how the website looks right now if you are a user that doesn't use an adblock at all.
    His "lighter ad" after you whitelist the site only applies if you have a blocker in the first place, which I'd wager a vast majority of internet browsers don't use.
    So it seems your white knighting is a bit missplaced, because his "fix" only applies to people that go out of their way to acquire third party software to avoid the horrid ads
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

In this thread:

Good that means you can whitelist the site and deal with the bullshit. I don't do ads. Period.

Deleted
    In this thread:

The problem with that approach though is that someone may visit the website without an adblocker and see how bad it is and start blocking adds. Then when you're asking them to whitelist you, they're gonna think back to how bad it originally was.

I whitelisted the site after Chaud said the adds wouldn't be as bad and the massive full page one did dissapear. Unfortunately the webpages took a good 20+ seconds to load and was nowhere near as responsive as it is with adblock on so I went back to blocking all adds again

10+ Year Old Account
    The whitelist request seems to be coming up more and more often now. Knock this shit off. I'm not whitelisting.

https://getadmiral.com/

This is not my problem. None of this money is going to be going to me so why the hell should I care?
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-05-15 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't have adblock on my phone. The ads are still fucking awful.
    This site is a trainwreck on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    This site is a trainwreck on a phone.
    This site is also what made me get adblock for my phone, after I got an add that hijacked the browser from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s