Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

TIL protection paladin is the most broken thing ever!!

A guy just tanked a whole +10 mythic with narcotic and no healer.

Nice to see how blizzard can make such a broken class and not nerf it... gg

Deleted
    Trivial content isn't the point of balance

+10? Mate don't even need a tank for a +10 these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    +10? Mate don't even need a tank for a +10 these days.
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. this thread is starting to go places. next every epeen waving mythic raid geared player will chime in on how easy everything is.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

+10 is trival now? hmm.. cool. maybe i'll actual bother to do one then.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are you and your group in full mythic gear? Then yes, it's trivial
    likely be either pug or mix or more so HC geared friends/guildies... I haven't done many m+ as i don't enjoy them, i think my highest is +3.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

+15 is a joke for Mythic geared players, apart from a few dungeons with some affixes(Hi Upper Kara Tyrannical).

And with ToS gear when we will be 30 iLvl higher average, it will be like LFR.

So it's no surprise that a +10 is faceroll right now

honestly necrotic is easy with ways to drop stacks, and yeah overgearing / overtraiting content will always make things easy, 15+ with multiple chests on the other hand
    Shoot whoever let 3.0 go live.

Paladin is the tank with the best balance tbh,not broken
    It's not insanely OP like bears and not barely viable like DK or DH,they're just in the middle,exactly where a tank should be

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    It's not insanely OP like bears and not barely viable like DK or DH,they're just in the middle,exactly where a tank should be
    my only complaint would have to be our low hp pool in comparison to everything else, for raiding we are exactly that the Standard, I do think we shine in M+ tho

Quote Originally Posted by Cryblood View Post
    my only complaint would have to be our low hp pool in comparison to everything else, for raiding we are exactly that the Standard, I do think we shine in M+ tho
    True,but at least it balances your high amount of CDs,unlike bears who have both a ridiculous healthpool,a ton of CDs and the strongest CDs

People also seem to forget Avenger's Shield also gives a shield based on damage done. It's nothing crazy but adds a buffer. If you have the legendary legs and decent sized aoe pack, it's a ton of damage absorbed (since you can practically spam Shield Throw for more dps and more shielding).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    +15 is a joke for Mythic geared players, apart from a few dungeons with some affixes(Hi Upper Kara Tyrannical).

And with ToS gear when we will be 30 iLvl higher average, it will be like LFR.

So it's no surprise that a +10 is faceroll right now
    upper kara has to be the quickest and easiest mythic plus of any other at equal level.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    upper kara has to be the quickest and easiest mythic plus of any other at equal level.
    Assuming people know how the last boss works, which for some reason a lot dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, you don't feel like being able to heal yourself for massive amounts makes up for that?

TLDR: Every class has its problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    People also seem to forget Avenger's Shield also gives a shield based on damage done. It's nothing crazy but adds a buffer. If you have the legendary legs and decent sized aoe pack, it's a ton of damage absorbed (since you can practically spam Shield Throw for more dps and more shielding).
    This is only really relevant in fights you can continuously hit multiple targets, so some raid fights, but definitely not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Really, you don't feel like being able to heal yourself for massive amounts makes up for that?
    I dont exactly see how that helps us any better than it helps DK's. Being able to mitigate damage before the blow (high DR and HP) will always be better than after the blow (Self Healing) which absolutely blows as self healing is a much more fun gameplay mechanic. Its why bears are the be all end all for mythic raiding, while also being the most boring tank to play, they wont randomly get spiked ever. Meanwhile on paladin with no dmg reduction outside of SotR and CD's and 1-3 million less hp than every other tank we either take no dmg at all with shield up, take dmg in crazy bursts when shields down that we can heal through or pop a cd, or we just straight up get gibed and die before our healing even becomes a factor.

I didnt mind this high risk high reward style of gameplay back when each tank class had a unique roll against certain mob types, but now its just annoying and begs the question: why play a super defensive spec'd prot paladin that sacrifices active dps abilitys for boring passive defensive ones when you can go druid and do it better.

I honestly think block needs to be evaluated for paladins, as it feels abysmal. we lack any kind of block gameplay mechanic outside of the fact we can block and talent for more block, at least warrior has ability's that play around buffing block actively.
    Last edited by Cryblood; 2017-05-21 at 11:15 AM.

What narcotic was the tank on? Because that could make running a +10 tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    A guy just tanked a whole +10 mythic with narcotic and no healer.

Nice to see how blizzard can make such a broken class and not nerf it... gg
    What narcotic was he on? Can I get some?

Seriously, necrotic isn't what it used to be. It was nerfed silly and I mostly ignore it on my pally, dh, and warrior. As long as you don't break 30 stacks with lots of mobs still on you, the stacks disappear between pulls.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Prot dps is much higher than an equally geared bear, so thats handy for mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. this thread is starting to go places. next every epeen waving mythic raid geared player will chime in on how easy everything is.
    People have done dungeons in time where everything has well over double the health and damage; it's not rocket science.