Overwatch Game of The Year Edition

https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/11/15...versary-update

I know that this isn't big news, but I want to know what people think about it.

Does it makes sense a Game of the Year Edition for a game without expansions? The new content has been free, so what's the difference, 10 loot boxes and some skins?

I actually was expecting a sale of the base game for its first year, but I guess that it doesn't make any sense when they are selling so well
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

The bonuses you get look the exact same for the Collector's Edition. My two cents are that it will just be for the people that missed out on the skins will have a second chance to get them.
    Last edited by Apart; 2017-05-12 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apart View Post
    The bonuses you get look the exact same for the Collector's Edition. My two cents are that it will just be for the people that missed out on the skins will have a second chance to get them.
    That makes no sense though, since you can upgrade to Origins edition at any time for the PC, and the consoles only have Origins editions, which the skins came with.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've a little annoyed that the GoTY edition still includes origin skins. Wasn't the entire point of the origins skins to give early adopters a cosmetic reward? IMO these skins should no longer be included, it should be a perk for the people that bought the game year 1. (Also remove origins upgrade for PC).

I don't see the point of a new edition unless there is a price drop or there has been paid DLC that can be included (which obviously, there isn't). If the price got dropped and the origins skins removed I would be happy.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Wasn't the entire point of the origins skins to give early adopters a cosmetic reward
    origin skins are different from the pre-order exclusive skins - that horrible widowmaker with the bungee cord hair for example.

you can buy origin edition with the origin skins today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    origin skins are different from the pre-order exclusive skins - that horrible widowmaker with the bungee cord hair for example.

you can buy origin edition with the origin skins today.
    I think WM is the only skin that was a preorder bonus but correct me if I'm wrong.

I think WM is the only skin that was a preorder bonus but correct me if I'm wrong.
    It was.

The Origins skins was just an extra $20 purchase for the PC for Overwatch Origins edition (Along with the content for other games, like the Baby Winston pet in WoW)

And Blizzard doesn't "retire" those digital rewards really unless another expansion comes out (Ex- You can still upgrade to Legion Digital Collector's Edition for the mount/pet).

So they're definitively doing something in game for the first anniversary: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUkNjezBguk

Hope that they make a good offer ¡ I have OW on PC but I want to have it on PS4 too¡ Waiting for a good deal¡
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    So they're definitively doing something in game for the first anniversary: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUkNjezBguk

Hope that they make a good offer ¡ I have OW on PC but I want to have it on PS4 too¡ Waiting for a good deal¡
    Yes they are things coming. I've read an article lately in which there was stuff related to this.
    Last edited by proralph; 2017-05-18 at 12:22 PM.
    - says Ralph

ah that's why i couldn't think of any others. haha well there you go, pre-order exclusive widowmaker horrible bungee hair remains exclusive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    ah that's why i couldn't think of any others. haha well there you go, pre-order exclusive widowmaker horrible bungee hair remains exclusive!
    Gee, thanks Blizz! LOL