Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Hunter classhall weapons on the walls

So today i was going around the class hall looking at some of the weapons, thought it was pretty cool to see some weapons on the walls like these

ok enough of that i think you get the point, all of these random weapons that dont really have any significance other then some people may remember them...

then i noticed this...

that is the legendary bow from sunwell.... a legendary, just hanging out on the wall of the class hall...
    WHAT!?
    did i miss that this was here ,im suprised there hasent been something about it, i mean, it is a legendary weapon!
    you dont walk around the mage order hall and see the dragonwrath staff just on the wall, or the priest and see benediction there
    dont just walk around the dk class hall and see a random shadowmourne on the wall.

What gives? Is there a class campaign or anything that references this at all? ANYTHING?
    (my hunter is only level 106)
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-15 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    No.

All of these weapons are somewhat special, just because it's name is orange doesn't make it any more special.

It's a bow that uses sunwell energy, that's it.
    Unlike the other legendaries, this bow never had any lore behind it. It's a legendary by name only.

I'm honestly not sure how it works. I have seen different bows at different times.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    No.

All of these weapons are somewhat special, just because it's name is orange doesn't make it any more special.

It's a bow that uses sunwell energy, that's it.
    Unlike the other legendaries, this bow never had any lore behind it. It's a legendary by name only.
    how? most of these weapons are just random drops from dungeons and raids...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-16 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Aren't they weapon appearances you've collected? I have the legendary bow, I guess if you don't then this assumption is incorrect.
    They are the same for everyone. My hunter (just checked) doesn't have all of these appearances, not even Thori'dal, and they're the same as linked in the pictures.

So they are literally just placed there for decorational purposes and I'm guessing randomly selected by Blizz when creating the building.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Aren't they weapon appearances you've collected? I have the legendary bow, I guess if you don't then this assumption is incorrect.
    i dont have the legendary bow, or some of the other weapons

Sad part is that bow wasn't BiS at the time, due to high end arrows/ammo*, so you used it for saving money on trash then swapped to Golden Bow for bosses. I still remember the jokes about how goblins made it instead of belves.

*Arrows and ammo had their own damage ratings, so you had to factor them in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

If I had to guess why Thori'dal is hanging on the wall of the class hall, while its canonical wielder is using a common crossbow, it would have to be for the "cool factor." Hopefully there's no lore implications of it, and at the very least it's the legendary weapon with the least actual lore surrounding it anyways.

While looking for Thori'dal, I also noticed there's a spider mounted on the wall, which I would rather not have.

The only weapons that are dynamic to the class hall are the legendary skins on your current spec, which apears on the stands.

The rest are just random crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

And that's different to Thori'dal .... in what way exactly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, so kind of like Thori'dal? :P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Feanoro

Thoridal was BiS for BM, for the supporting SV and the really rare MM Hunters the Golden Bow was. Sadly it didnt matter much, when you had the Bow, Content was clear.

It really sucks that you can't transmog that bow though. I have it and would love to transmog my weapon with it...

No it wasn't, not even for BM due to the lack of ammo dps. The only thing legendary about it was the bitching it inspired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

i dont have the legendary bow, or some of the other weapons
    Since its the hunter class hall and earlier you mentioned they sometimes change spots or put on different weapons, you can assume other hunters who are currently resting at the hunter lodge or live there are hanging their weapons there? Lorewise this is suppose to be a base for all hunters, not your personal garrison so its not unlikely..

It makes sense for most class halls although class hall intro missions like the warrior one where you are single handedly picked as the one mortal/nonvrykul warrior worthy to be ascended to Azeroths biggest dick's mead hall, I do realize there are larger immersion issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Since its the hunter class hall and earlier you mentioned they sometimes change spots or put on different weapons, you can assume other hunters who are currently resting at the hunter lodge or live there are hanging their weapons there? Lorewise this is suppose to be a base for all hunters, not your personal garrison so its not unlikely..

It makes sense for most class halls although class hall intro missions like the warrior one where you are single handedly picked as the one mortal/nonvrykul warrior worthy to be ascended to Azeroths biggest dick's mead hall, I do realize there are larger immersion issues.
    i didnt mention the weapons change spot, somone else did, the weapons are in the exact same spots now as they were yesterday, also its a legendary it doesent give an apperance so that wouldent make sense

also again this is an item labled as legendary, and its just hanging out here with nobody saying a word about it like imagine if thunderfury was just sitting up on a wall in the warrior class hall, or dragonwrath in the mage one

still all there

still all there
    Guess you will just have to assume you (or another hunter) retired that weapon when you gained your artifact weapon and its hanging as a fitting tribute in the hunter halls. Or the lore owner of legendary is currently in the hunter hall with you and just hanging it there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Guess you will just have to assume you (or another hunter) retired that weapon when you gained your artifact weapon and its hanging as a fitting tribute in the hunter halls. Or the lore owner of legendary is currently in the hunter hall with you and just hanging it there.
    Seems like w weird place to put it. Like you think it would be on some plaque or somewhere more visible. But its just hanging out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    @ Feanoro

Thoridal was BiS for BM, for the supporting SV and the really rare MM Hunters the Golden Bow was. Sadly it didnt matter much, when you had the Bow, Content was clear.
    It made farm easy though. I remember our hunter saved so much god danm gold by using that in farm runs/old content. And even leveling in wrath. Never ran outta arrows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    If I had to guess why Thori'dal is hanging on the wall of the class hall, while its canonical wielder is using a common crossbow, it would have to be for the "cool factor." Hopefully there's no lore implications of it, and at the very least it's the legendary weapon with the least actual lore surrounding it anyways.

While looking for Thori'dal, I also noticed there's a spider mounted on the wall, which I would rather not have.
    I love how it ha a target painted on it with a bunch of arrows in it. But yeah. Spiders eww.
    Also did you notice the mantid head?

Thori'dal was arguably the worst Legendary weapon ever introduced by Blizzard. It was introduced at the end of an expansion and did less damage than other ranged weapons when you factored in ammo. A great joke was played on the hunter community back then. GG Blizzard. Well played.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I was checking the weapon and apparently a hunter weilds one with its skin. He is in the lodge. But yes we do not know if it is the legendary. Or if there is multiples and only that one was empowered. And his is normal. Or hell maybe there is multiple http://wow.gamepedia.com/Halduron_Brightwing

http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Halduronthoridal.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also idk. Wowpedia says it was the best. And the math checks out http://wow.gamepedia.com/Thori%27dal,_the_Stars%27_Fury