Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I seem to remember Blizzard throwing free copies of Warlords of Draenor at me to try and entice me back, but guess that gets a pass on this site.

People crying about getting stuff for free, you can't make this up.
    What you can't make up is people bitching about other people crying. That is just top shelve there. You tried your best. People would rather not get aids even if it is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

"Starfall Education Foundation" sounds like a nice charity group for kids.
    Instead it is an evil company.

Rift is a dying video game.
    Does it really bother it?

Starfall Prophecy was a much cooler name. Just saying, nothing else to contribute so.

Bye.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw they were giving away the new expansion.
    Installed the game from Steam.
    Logged in to get my free copy of the expansion.
    Uninstalled the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I actually resisted all weekend. Luckily, yesterday was Mother's Day so I was busy pretty much all day else I likely would have caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I actually resisted all weekend. Luckily, yesterday was Mother's Day so I was busy pretty much all day else I likely would have caved.
    I wish I didn't install this crap.
    The grind is really bad.

20 million xp - level from 62 to 63
    28 million xp - level from 63 to 64

I should quit long ago, the moment I realize how bad the grind is from 50 to 60.

The grind is out of date compare to the modern MMORPGs.

It is very insulting when I got an experience buff ring, +5%, level 1 to 20.
    What do I do with 5%?

The producer doesn't get it.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-05-16 at 12:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The grind is really bad.

If only they had added dailies in each zone that award over 3-4 million XP points each, depending if you're Patron or not, would make things go "faster", imagine just getting over 12 million XP points alone from the first zone for half an hours work, now combine 2 or 3 zones dailies.....

10+ Year Old Account
    If only they had added dailies in each zone that award over 3-4 million XP points each, depending if you're Patron or not, would make things go "faster", imagine just getting over 12 million XP points alone from the first zone for half an hours work, now combine 2 or 3 zones dailies.....

Um, Slip - he's talking about 60~65 and you mention Level 66+ content?
    Good luck being sub-65 in level 65+ zones and killing those mobs with 3~4x the HP of yourself.

Also, I call BS on the 1/2 hour work bit at level 65+
    The zones are massive and empty with many (almost all) quests running from one place to another.

65 to 70 is painful since they removed crafting daily XP.

The grind... is real. It's deliberately made grindy.

For less grind, buy 160% XP pots - that's how the F2P model works in RIFT - can't blame 'em for making cash.

Now if only the content was worth the cash. It's not. There is no real serious endgame game in Rift except Dimensions.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-05-16 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added RED to text to highlight Slipmat ignoring/deflecting questions and facts - again

Where can I learn about these quests?
    Unlike WoW, I can read tips on many websites.

I just googled. This is a level 70 quest.
    Why do I need XP if I am already level 70.

Also it has a lot of useless currency, such as Planarite and Void Stone.
    I either cannot find a vendor or require hours of grind to buy something useful.

Nightmare Coast, a level 63 dungeon, drops level 60 gear.

It is not a very rewarding game.
    I guess it wants people to buy the leveling gear with real money, too.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2017-05-16 at 09:39 AM.

Quest from your image:
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/npc/1565219262

Level 70 Daily quest is supposed to help people level from 60-65? Wow, way to defend your game there. You showed us. So glad I did not waste the time on this this weekend.

I'm just really confused. Are you trolling everyone or just that stupid? At this point, it really has to be one of those.

You know he's being an uppity ass when he starts his rebuttal posts with "If only they had..." when someone criticizes an aspect of the game. He does it way too often.

I had no desire to reinstall Rift on my computer just to get this expansion for free. I wonder if this will set a trend of people not purchasing any future expansions (if they ever release any) at release and just waiting for them to implement a free weekend like with this one. I know I sure wouldn't waste the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, all the experts that claim to play or played Rift and are still lacking in knowledge, once you finish the main Storyline in Scatherran Forest and kill Mael Salach inside the solo instance it then becomes a daily Chronicle and you get sidekicked up to level 70.

Even if you're level 66-67 and just finished the zone, you enter the daily as a sidekicked level 70, please learn how the game works.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, that blissful moment where defending a game at all costs like a paid shill translates to blatantly attacking people making criticism.
    BAD WOLF

Lol, all the experts that claim to play or played Rift and are still lacking in knowledge, once you finish the main Storyline in Scatherran Forest and kill Mael Salach inside the solo instance it then becomes a daily Chronicle and you get sidekicked up to level 70.

Even if you're level 66-67 and just finished the zone, you enter the daily as a sidekicked level 70, please learn how the game works.
    Once again, you missed the point. Once you finish the storyline in Scatherran Forest? You mean a 65+ zone? He was talking about 60-65 stuff. You want him to go clear a 65+ zone at level 63 to unlock a daily chronicle? Shouldn't he worry about getting to 65 first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Once again, you missed the point. Once you finish the storyline in Scatherran Forest? You mean a 65+ zone? He was talking about 60-65 stuff. You want him to go clear a 65+ zone at level 63 to unlock a daily chronicle? Shouldn't he worry about getting to 65 first?
    Does anyone seriously still even have the slightest doubt that Slipmat is not a freelance marketing consultant for Trion?

Look at the way he writes, what he writes about - here and on the forums. He may as well be a friggin' CM. I've seen White Knights. He is way beyond that. He doesn't defend the game. He actively markets it.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2017-05-16 at 06:14 PM.

I wish I didn't install this crap.
    The grind is really bad.

I should quit long ago, the moment I realize how bad the grind is from 50 to 60.

The grind is out of date compare to the modern MMORPGs.

It is very insulting when I got an experience buff ring, +5%, level 1 to 20.
    What do I do with 5%?

The producer doesn't get it.
    Hit cap on my main over the weekend. With the 10% loytality bonus, patron bonus, and 160% pots up the whole time, it took about 9 hours. Seems a little crazy for 5 levels. About 2 hours per level with tall of the extra XP going on.

42 million xp - level from 64 to 65

This is an outdated MMORPG.

WoW used to do that to the last level. (Now WoW doesn't do that any more.)
    Level 65 is NOT last level.

Oh wait, we can buy an instant level 65 now with real money.
    This explains why no nerf when a new expansion comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wait, we can buy an instant level 65 now with real money.

Or you can buy it with in game currency or have it gifted to you, yep Rift is the only MMO out there that offers a level boost pack, no other MMO does it, oh wait, what MMO does this website primarily focuses on again?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to remember Blizzard throwing free copies of Warlords of Draenor at me to try and entice me back, but guess that gets a pass on this site.

People crying about getting stuff for free, you can't make this up.
    You must have missed the 2 years of "WoD is shit" threads

ON-topic: It saddens me how fall RIFT has fallen. Was once my go to MMO outside of WoW. Now it is just a pile of bug-ridden, P2W, garbage.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-05-17 at 06:05 AM.

Or you can buy it with in game currency or have it gifted to you, yep Rift is the only MMO out there that offers a level boost pack, no other MMO does it, oh wait, what MMO does this website primarily focuses on again?

Hahaha, oh God. That's priceless. Instead of talking about level boosting in the context of Rift you complain about WoW on the assumption that the person you're replying to has no issue with WoW doing it. It is incredibly likely they do. A lot of people have taken issue with selling level boosts on the WoW forums, chances are Xeno does too if he's complaining about it in a game. Since these are the Rift sub-forum he's complaining about Rift doing it.

Also you're ignoring the fact that Blizzard is now letting players use WoW tokens to not only buy in-game services but also letting them buy in-game goods for other games and even entire other games with those tokens. Since you seem to want to talk about the uses of in-game currencies.