Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ok now I'm stuck at mining rank 2's

I've mined about 7 million felslate and leystone ore nodes and haven't seen these rank 3 items, apparently it doesn't matter what lvl mining you have/or if you have all types of ore mining at rank 2. Does anyone have rank 3's in mining? How long did it take you? Are there any pre-req's?

I have one at Rank 3, I think it's just normal Felslate, which I got fairly early on, luckily enough.

But these are just pretty damn rare and we just gotta keep at it if we want them... I do think I saw somewhere that the proc chance for the items/quests will increase a bunch in 7.2.5 though, so that's nice.

At the same time I've seen a tweet talking about how it might increase in a future patch, so no idea if it'll happen or not. Hopefully though.

I have every mining skill at rank 3 on my farm char, but in herbalism I only have rank 3 for felwort and foxflower. I surely have farmed more than 40000 aethril by now, and judging from the 4000 starflower pedals in my inventory (and that is not even counting those I collected when they were still grey quality and my addon automatically vendored them) I have farmed more than 12000 starflower nodes.
    Isn't rng wonderful?

But at least they announced the will drastically increase the droprate of the gathering rank 3 recipes with 7.2.5, so there is still hope left I finally get to see them. Not that it would matter now anyway considering the times of real profit is over since you can fly.

I think Blizz went a liiiiiittle bit too far in the opposite direction to the ease of lvling professions in WoD.. now its just painfully slow

They made this Tweet a few days ago about this issue.

Deleted
    Pretty sure it was in PTR notes that rank 3 mining/herb/skinning drop rate has been massively boosted.
    Finally, skinner got rank 3 easy, my herb alts are just missing two, but out of seven miners, only one has rank three leystone

Ive picked 1000's of herbs, all types. Zero r3. Ive made 1000s of agi flasks, no r3. Literally 1000s, I keep track.

The r3 is just stupid, if you get lucky, you make bank, if you don't blizzard basically says fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Ive picked 1000's of herbs, all types. Zero r3. Ive made 1000s of agi flasks, no r3. Literally 1000s, I keep track.

The r3 is just stupid, if you get lucky, you make bank, if you don't blizzard basically says fuck you.
    The flask one is just painful because rank 3 is the chance to proc extra. I had to make ~250 flasks (and about 100k gold) to get intellect one, have no others at rank 3.

Then you get people like my guildie, got agi rank 3 on like 5 makes, strength rank 3 on 2 makes.

As to mining, rank 3 exists? lol

Herbing, have yet to see rank 3 felwort and you need that to get seeds from other herbs. This is with my herber doing every Felwort WQ for last 3+ months.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    The flask one is just painful because rank 3 is the chance to proc extra. I had to make ~250 flasks (and about 100k gold) to get intellect one, have no others at rank 3..
    250.. hehe... I wish it was only that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

I have notes somewhere at home (I'm at work atm) but I know I'm far above 45000 aethril gathered and still no rank 3. Int flask still no rank 3 and since I'm pushing to get that, I made a lot more of those than the other flasks which are already rank 3, forgot the numbers but it's stupid as fuck. These things need a limit, where if you don't luckily get it before, it just gives it to you GUARANTEED at a certain number.

Cuz RNG is that, RNG, it is possible to actually never get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Cuz RNG is that, RNG, it is possible to actually never get it.
    No shit!
    I have a lot of materials, so many i filled my damn bank vault with bloody herbs!
    As for Flasks... yea i'm probably around 800 int flasks, and still no proc.. i have given up simply making more, cant be arsed with the AH, as my main and his alts support themselves and i`m happy, apart from it costs a few more herbs to make the flasks... i`ll not run out in a hurry!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    I've mined about 7 million felslate and leystone ore nodes and haven't seen these rank 3 items, apparently it doesn't matter what lvl mining you have/or if you have all types of ore mining at rank 2. Does anyone have rank 3's in mining? How long did it take you? Are there any pre-req's?
    Aren't some drops from mining specific creatures?

For example the worms in the cave near the blue dragonflight in azsuna.

Is it the same for rank 3s?

I've gotten all r3s in herbing minus Dreamleaf at this point, and have been an avid alchy/herber since launch of legion (really since BC dropped if you want to get technical). Some came much easier than others, but the only ones I actively put effort into getting was roses (cause duhh), aethril (cause of proc chance, which is still more than disappointing), and now DL since its the last one I'm missing. The amount of aethril was somewhat gross, but DL is just unexplainable at this point. The worst part is I know ppl that their only r3 is DL... >.<

Alchy wise I've collected r3 hp/mana/rejuv-old war/deadly grace pots, and agi/int flasks. I've put countless herbs into str/stam flasks, and armor/mana sleep pots (both pre, and post r3 'buffs') w/ no result yet.

My main alt is a miner, but has been stuck at r2 everything since pre 'buffs' to r3 acquisition rates, although with him being an alt I don't spend near the time mining I do herbing. He does have the quest to get r3 brimstone, but I haven't went back to HfC to kill Archimonde to complete it yet. That was picked up after the 2nd round of r3 'buffs'. In fact the ONLY r3 mining skill I know of in the game is a plain leystone skill had by 1 person, which got it right before the 1st round of r3 'buffs'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Aren't some drops from mining specific creatures?

For example the worms in the cave near the blue dragonflight in azsuna.
    Do you mean for living r3s in general (say living leystone), or just talking about the difference between ore nodes (normal nodes) vs. mining dead things (living nodes)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Herbing, have yet to see rank 3 felwort and you need that to get seeds from other herbs. This is with my herber doing every Felwort WQ for last 3+ months.
    You get the quest for felwort rank 3 when you have all other herbs on rank 2. After that, you can pick up the quest in Dalaran from the herbalist there and then need to kill Cenarius in Emerald Nightmare. It has literally nothing to do with how many felwort WQs you have done so far

Edit: Just to keep this realistic though: These seeds are rather rare since they cut the drop rate a couple of weeks after launch and even when you get them, they're kind of a joke. You only get some value out of them if you open a raid of 9 herbalists that help you "harvest" the plants from these seeds. Don't do more than 9 because that is the maximum of loots on a given herb node.
    Last edited by mmoc93c1e7e232; 2017-05-24 at 04:31 PM.

Yeah the seed drop rate decimation from 2.5% chance to 0.25% chance was br00tal, but kinda understood once I found out about the seed party fiasco...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinip View Post
    Yeah the seed drop rate decimation from 2.5% chance to 0.25% chance was br00tal, but kinda understood once I found out about the seed party fiasco...
    I thought it went from 25% to 2.5%?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Nope. Started 2.5% and they droped it to 0.25%, leaving Felwort at the original 2.5%. It was stated in a patch log.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got Aethril rank 3 after collecting 1997 herbs. The proc happens a lot less often than I expected; I collected 400 more herbs and had an extra herb proc twice whereas I had rank 3 felwort proc 5 times. Fjarnskaggl will be my next Rank 3, it's a lot more useful imo.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Fjarnskaggl will be my next Rank 3, it's a lot more useful imo.
    Sky golem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woopytywoop View Post
    Sky golem?
    Not worth the 60k imo
    HEROES NEVER DIE