Page 42 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    And circlejerk continues. Nobody questions sources of article, everyone assumes it is true because its anti-Trump and Russia is mentioned.

If it is true, Trump is a moron that needs to be impeached.

However...
    1. Washington Post.
    2. "Anonymous sources"
    3. Meeting was behind closed doors, yet somehow anonymous sources know what was leaked? Yeah, right...
    4. Information could have been given to do some joint operation against ISIS. Nothing bad there if it leads to ISIS getting royally fucked.
    5:

I know its popular to jump on anti-Trump wagon, but please use your brains people.
    It's called being a respected journalist outlet...I know this is a hard concept for some but unlike companies like breitbart and fox the WP actually does it's work before they publish a article. I know this is weird for some people but journalism is a job and it's a huge difference between mixing news and opinions like a blog poster of Breitbart.

Look at this article at breitbart. Instead of defending Trump or arguing against it they blame the fictional enemy of ''Deep State'' which they have no god dam proof off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    It's been the same shite for the past 2 years. Politically motivated news companies stirring shit to make money.
    How many of the trump stories turned out to be false? The only thing you could maybe mention is the golden shower report and that report has been slowly been proving true (minus the golden shower part)

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Look at this article at breitbart. Instead of defending Trump or arguing against it they blame the fictional enemy of ''Deep State'' which they have no god dam proof off.
    Deep state will be important later. If anything incriminating towards Trump comes out of Trump/Russia investigation the Deep State will be blamed by the Trumpkins. Just wait, we'll hear more about Deep State as more stuff about Trump comes out.

The fuck is deep state? Some scapegoat for people butthurt that others are defying trump?

A CONSPIRACY!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    It's called being a respected journalist outlet...I know this is a hard concept for some but unlike companies like breitbart and fox the WP actually does it's work before they publish a article. I know this is weird for some people but journalism is a job and it's a huge difference between mixing news and opinions like a blog poster of Breitbart.

- - - Updated - - -

How many of the trump stories turned out to be false? The only thing you could maybe mention is the golden shower report and that report has been slowly been proving true (minus the golden shower part)
    Respected? lol. I think you meant "respected among people looking for confirmation bias" because they provide their confirmation bias. WP and NYT are exactly like Breitbart, but on different side of political spectrum. Pretty much every similar story they've published so far has not been proven to be true, though they've not proven to be false either because stories are written in such way that would require releasing classified information to confirm or deny, so these stories are impossible to verify.

Do you know what FUD is? FUD = fear, uncertainty, doubt. Its method used for decades to spread propaganda. Russian media has been doing it since USSR, Ukrainian media has perfected it in last few years. Now US media is full of it. They don't need to post fact, they just need to create doubt. That's what WP does. They don't post any facts, they post rumors. For confirmation they use hypothetical scenarios and questions, not based on facts.

Take any article with grain of salt. If it cites anonymous sources, if its from media with massive bias, if it uses hypothetical scenarios for confirmation, assume its false until proven otherwise. By "proven" I don't mean reposted by other media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Someone from trump administration says Trump is good, news at 11.
    Its someone who was at that meeting. Better than secret anonymous sources, who magically know what was discussed behind closed doors. Use your brain instead of looking for confirmation bias.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait wait wait. So the Left is saying Trump - The guy that are constantly talking about being in the pocket with Putin, who they say has Russian intelligence agents infiltrating his Party - the guy they said is in Cahoots with Putin, manages to casually tell them something Classified.

I mean this either says 1 of 3 things.

1. Wouldn't they already know this information if we are to follow the "MUH RUSSIA" conspiracies.
    2. They didn't know because they don't have tabs on America like the "MUH RUSSIA" conspiracy theorists think and Trump fucked up and talked about something Classified without knowing.
    3. He didn't actually talk about Classified stuff and this is just another case of embellishing shit to try and make a Trump-Russia connection?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The fuck is deep state? Some scapegoat for people butthurt that others are defying trump?

A CONSPIRACY!
    Nearly as hilarious as the "MUH RUSSIA" scapegoat the Dems have been running for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    It's still 10000% better than a Hillary presidency.
    Hahahaha!

If you honestly believe that then you've lost your mind to partisan insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    When they're part of the same administration having all these problems, then no it's not better than anything by any standard. It's no different than Trump saying, "nah I didn't do it."

You even accused me of exactly the logical fallacy you're falling in....
    Its not even in same category. Fallacy is assuming that magical anonymous sources cited by heavily biased media is anywhere close to quote of official who actually was at meeting.

But right, FBI investigating the whole thing is a conspiracy created by democrats, sure.
    Nobody would deny that. However investigation ≠ proof. Innocent until proven guilty. Or did you suddenly forgot that because of your bias?

FBI can as well investigate UFO landing, doesn't mean that UFO landing actually happened.

Edit: here are bunch of documents about UFO investigations by FBI: https://vault.fbi.gov/UFO
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-05-16 at 09:07 AM.

The president has the authority to declassify information. Non-story
    Did he declassify the information or did he not reveal classified information? Make up your mind.

The Russian foreign minister is not a spy. Get a grip.
    Oh boy. Okay, let's back up and walk you through this slowly. First of all he's referring to Sergey Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, not the foreign minister. You're thinking of Sergey Lavrov. They were both at the meeting. Confusing, I know.

Secondly, let me give you a taste of espionage 101, day 1, lesson 1, subject heading "the bleeding obvious": most spies are diplomats or other employees of embassies. For reference, see basically the entire history of embassies. I can't stress to you how much this is a known, public fact. Water is also wet, incidentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So let me get this straight, the president has the authority to do what Trump did if he did, so it's all good.
    On the other hand the fact that the contents of that meeting have leaked to public - is a sever breach of security, which is not good.
    You realise the President has the authority to nuke your house, right? So there'd be no news story if he did. Right? Nothing to see there, everything is perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Nobody would deny that. However investigation ≠ proof. Innocent until proven guilty. Or did you suddenly forgot that because of your bias?
    This is hilarious coming from Trump supporters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    This is hilarious coming from Trump supporters.
    It is fallacy to assume that anyone that doesn't jump on anti-Trump train is Trump supporter. World is not black and white. "If you are not with us, you are against us" is mentality used by children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    Probably as serious as WaPo I'd imagine... nobody will take either seriously, especially after this colossal FAILURE by WaPo.
    It is only a failure to people like you that can't fucking read. Laura Ingraham is a fucking idiot. Washington Post will always have more credibility than her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im not talking about what trump has said in the past, hes full of shit and everyone knows it. but untill they come out with real sources and not the lame ass excuse they posted for this story then ill take them serious.
    Not buying it, when I was responding to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    they just want to post anything they can to get buzz and drive traffic to thier shit. How many stories over the past year alone has turned out to be total unfounded bullshit soley because the news site wanted to get as much buzz as they can as soon as they can.
    If only you held Trump to the same standard.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Its because he's the president and he can literally declassify any piece of information he wants. The article itself states that.
    But declassifying material that an ally gives you, makes you either lose that ally, or that ally will never trust you with classified material ever again and now you are blind without their help. Good Job Trump for fucking that up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is fallacy to assume that anyone that doesn't jump on anti-Trump train is Trump supporter. World is not black and white. "If you are not with us, you are against us" is mentality used by children.
    Really? You just called all of media bias to defend Trump, but it's the anti-Trump crowd that sees it as black and white? Is there even a tiny bit of self awareness here:

Its not even in same category. Fallacy is assuming that magical anonymous sources cited by heavily biased media is anywhere close to quote of official who actually was at meeting.
    Seriously? What sort of mental blockade must you be dangling with, if you call media heavily bias for running stories on Trump, to then tell people things are not black and white. If things are not black and white, why is it negative stories about Trump, make them heavily biased? How does that make sense?

You, not a Trump supporter, while calling the media heavily biased against Trump. But, the media, is heavily biased against Trump, because they run stories that don't all glorify him. Amazing...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-05-16 at 09:22 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure what the extent of that is, a source from within is usually the hint but not enough. In order to know what actually had been said someone must have the protocol of that meeting and in addition there would have to be a closed bi-partisan hearing board. Given the entire quagmire the US govt. is turning into I am not counting on that at all.

However I would definitely think Trump is capable of that, a guy who thinks "digital" is some sort of sorcery unknown to Man and of that kind which only an Einstein could understand. He is a guy who would send missiles to Iraq or would see to it that an entire armada is sent to the opposite direction of their original target region, who would need Merkel telling him eleven times that you can't make single deals with EU countries but the EU only, would find that China needs to be called a currency manipulator by his Head Treasure Master only to be in China's laps after a few minutes of talk of their leader or who would find that the NATO was temporarily obsolete, or he would take credit for economical effects that took a decade to unfold due to diligent work of his "has yet to show proof that he's American" predecessor. Yes, I think such a guy would accidentally slip through some top secret details in a casual manner without understanding what he just said since Trump stands not exactly for professional demeanour more like the opposite. Taking the office has not made him wiser, calmer or professional.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

You defend Trump enough you may as well be his personal jockstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He did. But not so much at first, as he did get some Republicans to vote for his SCOTUS appointees early on. Later toward the end of his second term, he certainly did face some tough opposition.
    Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME? The Republicans proclaimed the night he was inaugurated, that they were going to make him a 1 term president. They even admitted to it on national television that they were going to do anything they could to stop anything Obama wanted to do.

The Democrats aren't even doing ANYTHING of the sort, Trump's own fucking party, has been more of his own downfall, than the Democrats have. Jesus fucking christ, I knew you were partisan but fucking blind and deaf is a new fucking low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You defend Trump enough you may as well be his personal jockstrap.
    What part of all media is heavily bias against Trump did you not understand? Things are only black and white when someone is saying anything negative about Trump... but, to defend him, there are all sorts of colors is rainbow you can use... there is nuance in saying news are making shit up, but Trump is the only truth, where you are not actually defending him, while you are defending him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Our worst fears confirmed.

For anti-Trump people, this is excellent news believe it or not. I wrote yesterday that the most likely series of events is that the news story about Trump's relations with the Russians will break in Europe as a result of an official leak from their government to their media outlets, in response to Trump endangering their national security.

Something like this (though not necessarily this) is exactly what it would take.

Hang him for Treason.
    There's no news to break in Europe. Our media has reported on the Russian investigation in light of him firing Comey. It doesn't cause a stir here. We expected this type of South-American dictator behavior from Trump from the very start. It only reinforces our initial view of the man as President and we just laugh at it.

I doubt Trump will care if European leaders are concerned about their own national security. He's hot and cold on Nato, he's visiting our capital next week which he dubbed a hellhole not too long ago, he's been inventing refugee attacks in Sweden, etc.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-05-16 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The president can declassify any information he so chooses. What he did isn't illegal. It was just stupid, ironic, reckless, and stunts like that can ruin relations with the people and countries on the ground giving you the info. If they know what they're feeding you isn't in confidence and can risk exposing techniques and the agents themselves, they won't keep helping.

This is mega important with situations like ISIS where we are absolutely depending on relations with foreign agents.
    He CAN declassify any information he wants, but there is a clear process. And even if he does he could theoretically still be charged with treason because you could make a case that the information that he shared with the russian officials(its not declassified until he actually goes through the process of declassifying it, which it seems to be that he has not done) which could be construed as aiding an enemy nation. Its one of those checks and balances sort of things. He can declassify the information but there is a process. And he is not at liberty to divulge said information to another nation. The only real thing saving his ass is that we are not in an open war with russia so the "enemy" label likely doesnt apply.