Poll: Should horde take in more elves?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I play on both factions, but I think the Nightborne could be a Blood Elves sub race.
    tbh.. I don't want them here. they just don't fit the theme, and we don't need them. I think one fancy elven race is enough for the horde, it makes a different world place for hordies a contrast from the usual.

I reckon it should be like the Naga working with Blood Elves kinda thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play both factions.

I know everyone is super in love with elves but we don't need more elves in WoW. While I admit that I actively dislike elves as a fantasy convention entirely but even if I didn't, we already have two elf races and it would feel really lazy and cheap to me to add a third or fourth type of elf when s novel race would be way more interesting.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Ogres - face it, very few people would play a fat oaf - but blizzard could make them exciting and funny enough to be loved by many and played - it would be hard though.
    Ogres beat both pandas and gnomes by a large margin when it comes to being cool to play.

Rolling an ogre mage would be dope.

I play both factions but my main is Horde and I tend to favor my Horde characters. Both of my 110 Horde characters are both BEs and my third is likely to be as well (though in that instance it's because it's a DH). And I still say no more Elves. Or at least no more actual new Elf races. Sub-races would be ok, but that would be High Elves (or rather blue eyed, lighter skinned blood elves still loyal to Silvermoon) as an alternative to Blood Elves and Nightborne as an alternative to Night Elves. As others have said, sure yeah Elves are popular fantasy, but we have two in WoW. That is enough. A lot of other races deserve a chance, especially considering the non-playable elves are pretty much exclusively sub-races anyways. Justifying them as their own race would be silly.

Fun Fact, back in vanilla and BC, I was playing on a EU/GMT +2 server that was full of scandinavian people. Apparently vikings don't like gay ass BE's because that race was REALLY unpopular and people who rolled BE were being made fun of. Then I moved to US for and started playing WOTLK on a US server I found out that they were the most popular race lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know everyone is super in love with elves but we don't need more elves in WoW.
    Ehm.... How about NO WAY??

Most people I know, hate elves...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    No more elves!

I couldn't care less about races.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I want those cat people lol
    The tol'vir from Uldum or the saberon from Draenor?

I'd be okay with Nightborne, but I'll admit I'd have a feeling in the back of my mind like "really? No better ideas, guys?" They'd fit in just fine and I'd definitely play them but there are other races I like way more, like Ethereals and Arakkoa that could easily fit into the Horde and feel more "horde"-ish.

In general though I feel like the Nightborne feel entirely too "lawful good" to be Horde. They fit story-wise but they'd stick out like a sore thumb considering how chaotic the other races are. All Horde races save maybe tauren have the common theme of either having a morally grey past or present. Orcs are ex-Legion slaves, trolls were cannibalistic savages, Forsaken are debatably actually downright evil, blood elves nearly turned to fel (unknowingly?) to feed an addiction, goblins don't give a shit about anything but money.
    It's the same reason pandaren don't fit in. Nightborne have no...for lack of a better way to put it, edge to them. They're outcasts sure but will with time have an entire glorious city to call home, they're ancient night elven royalty and it shows.

Enough elves! Legion should been have named "Elves of Elfplace...and some demons". The new class is just for elves. Most of the lore is about elves, the most important characters are elves, even the horde is reduced to elves, both in important NPCs and player base. People were sick of orcs getting shoved into their faces during WoD, well, I'm sick of elves that are sneaking their way into everything. So, no thanks, OP! Give us Ogres instead!
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I would switch all my characters to Ogres instantly if they ever became playable.

No.

Besides, they are nothing more than rebranded night elves on crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want the elves we already have.

In fact, we'll trade you. Give us the Worgen and you can have the Blood Elves.

At least the Meth Elves are fun. Can we have them?

No belves, ruined Horde for me :/
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I want you to be honest about this. Blood elf is the most popular race on the horde and I think it was a great move. But, (sub-races aside), should the horde get more Elf races or is the blood elves the only elven group that should exist on the horde and blizzard should find other great races not - elf related.

Nightborne may be a new race, naga could gain an Elven version would you want these on the horde also? As full races? (or would you accept them as sub races), where Darkfallen and Wretched could also be. Or should the elven variations stick largely to the alliance and blizzard build the blood elf as a special elf brand versus the various types allied with the alliance or in another faction.

Recently I was looking into the demon hunter and found mention of a remarkable race called the Aldraachi - this race, like the elves, stood against the burning legion and almost defeated them, in a style more spectacular than the elves - except they eventually lost after a long campaign unlike the elves. But they were remarkable their warriors beat the demons till Sargeras had to come as an avatar, and they beat it too, even though that was part of the trick.

They were described like an awesome race, very warrior honor based and they reminded me of the orcs, but the orcs in the future, with an actual civilization and much raw power. Their world was destroyed by the legion but enough Aldraachi survived to join the Army of Light - and through them could actually find a home on Azeroth. I thought this would be a great addition for a horde race - the competition would be nightborne, naga or naga elves, ogre, ethereal. I suddenly felt more elves (nightborne/naga elves) was changing the feel of the horde and skewing to many people to a standard that was eating away at its core roots - do we need more? I admit, I like blood elves being exclusively the hot/sophistacted race on the horde, nightborne would feel like a crowd, although I might be able to cope with naga elves.

Ogres - face it, very few people would play a fat oaf - but blizzard could make them exciting and funny enough to be loved by many and played - it would be hard though. Ethereals is a good competitor, they'd bring technology a form of civlizaiton that could make well in the horde.

After high elves and pandaren, I don't think any other races or connected races should be shared. otherwise the factions will use their unique feel. So any new elves should stay on the or a different faction. Unique and nice looking but horde appropriate races be given to the horde.
    I lost hope and IQ to see how you put this pool up and the options we have.

I swear to god only on MMO-C.

What is the question?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I want those cat people lol
    I would take these any day into the Horde! But, I also love the Nightborne, and would not mind to have some as playable characters, but it's not mandatory for me. I am okay with BE in the Horde and NE in the Alliance.

I would rather want them to stop the faction war already and focus on other things. We can have PvP in this game without any lore attached to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Alliance and want Night Elf Paladin.