Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    *insert another argument about why pop music sucks that has been said countless times since the 60s here*
    Its true though. I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. But the shit I listened to in Junior High and High School... the crap that got squeezed from the butt cheeks of "Drive Thru Records"

All those canadian punk/emo bands. I can't listen to that shit in my 30s and be transported back to my teens. (Its garbage) If you aren't a whiny anxiety ridden kid... the song holds no meaning. Not in the same way my dad can listen to rock and roll from the 70s-80s and be transported back to those days. In all fairness I probably did a lot less drugs than my dad did... so maybe my connection to the music was missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    i agree, i have a few "guilty pleasure" pop songs that i mostly enjoy, but then they are ruined by an annoying rapper, so i just skip the rest of the song
    Yeah. I normally despise pop music, but "Good for You" is a decent song whose mood is completely destroyed by the shitbag rap verse.

Also, relevant:

Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-05-15 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Aw, it's nice to see Avril Lavigne staying relevant as a cheap Taylor Momson knock-off.
    I don't mind her music playing in the background, but I think this song is just showing she's going down quickly tbh, even without that creepy as bloke 'singing' its really not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I don't mind her music playing in the background, but I think this song is just showing she's going down quickly tbh, even without that creepy as bloke 'singing' its really not that great.
    I never thought I'd live to see the day Marilyn Manson was just a footnote in an Avril Lavigne video.

no one tell OP about trap music or Gucci Mane, he might kneel over.

10+ Year Old Account

If you don't think this is pure art then get out of my face. 2:46 is the word of god himself

I agree and it happens with songs in many languages.

What's DIAF?

Also why is rap in quotes in the thread title lol
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I agree and it happens with songs in many languages.

What's DIAF?
    Guess the idiom is exclusive to WoW? I thought it was more widely known. Anyhow, its explained a few posts back:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer8585 View Post
    Die In A Fire. An idiom expressing disapproval at the existence or action of a "thing" and wishing it to cease ostensibly by that item/person/idea being immolated.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    "Die in a fire". 5 years of WoW and thats one of the few things that i learned.

That and "Tits or GTFO", but that got me banned for a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your fault for not listening to miku. I got u.
    https://youtu.be/qCxSpkL5jvI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    post-blackened grind dungeon synth nightcore
    You had me until core.

I never thought I'd live to see the day Marilyn Manson was just a footnote in an Avril Lavigne video.
    Probably would of been better off not touching it at all tbh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I'd love to know when you consider the "old days" to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I hate the way it's corrupting young minds and leading them to licentious behaviour.
    Given I say record, I would have thought the time period I was speaking of was evident.
    Hey shocker, pop music sucks. Long live the suck...well, actually, short live, that's what makes it.
    It is inherently shite for music, but not nearly as detrimental for music as the 'rate me grade me' of reality tv's impact on music.
    I guess I subscribe to Dave Groll's take on that.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Your fault for not listening to miku. I got u.
    https://youtu.be/qCxSpkL5jvI
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Given I say record, I would have thought the time period I was speaking of was evident.
    Somewhere between the 1880s and the 1990s?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Somewhere between the 1880s and the 1990s?
    uh mid sixties to early eighties (heavy preference to mid to late 70's) would be the primary stretch when albums were really well put together imho.
    I've no complaints about the hardware side of modern music so much as the piecemeal assembly line process of different writers, producers and so forth on a single song sometimes. I mean that sounds like it could be an awesome way of doing things, but stand a modern pop princess next to Queen and tell me Fred didn't absolutely have something they will never.
    Longevity I guess is just one thing I could say, but that's a side effect of what he has.
    There was something just incredibly passionate about guys like him who wrote, played, and produced records like that.
    There are of course modern day artists doing that endlessly now, some of them are my favorites now.
    I'm not above a shitty modern pop song by any means, but I'm also not going to call it anything other than that.
    If I had one wish as a music fan first and foremost? The way every modern guy tries to record THE LOUDEST song ever. (even if it's supposed to be a quiet song often)
    Shit, let my volume knob do the work, leave some dynamics in it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

So true, this rap stuff in songs is so annoying. I always look for a version on YouTube where someone has edited out the rap part. Pretty much every Pitbull verse from every song ever.

I didn't mind listening to Nicki Manaj on that Ariana "I love the dick" song, but watching the video... Nicki is so unattractive. I didn't even know she was a rapper, i thought she was R&B or whatever passes for R&B nowadays.

This trend is annoying though, i liked it with Mariah Carey with ODB and Christina with Redman, but for the most part I'm not a fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Both pop and rap should die in a fire if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    --Guardian, 22 November 1963, reviewing "With the Beatles"
    To be fair, I would agree with that assessment of most pre 1966 Beatles music.