Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is there a specific biome/environment that isn't in the game?

Or one you would like to see more of?

At this point of the game, I think we have most of them covered and are actually getting more specific with the zones and their real-world geographic inspirations.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Something from H.R. Gigers deepest nightmare maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rainforest? That's about the only thing I can come up with, but I admit I'm not entirely sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Rainforest? That's about the only thing I can come up with, but I admit I'm not entirely sure
    I think it technically is, but for gameplay reasons a nearly impenetrable canopy would be a turn off to players especially since most rainforests also span larger areas.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I think it technically is, but for gameplay reasons a nearly impenetrable canopy would be a turn off to players especially since most rainforests also span larger areas.
    Feralas .
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

Deleted
    Mmmh...an icecap maybe ? A frozen continent?

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    I would love to see a (Central-european perspective here) normal forest with normal-sized trees, kind of what you see in Zul'Aman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temper...iferous_forest
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temper...ciduous_forest

Also, a salt-flat / volcanic landscape mix would be awesome, like the Afar Depression:
    https://www.google.cz/search?q=danak...vrJMRANPwcNwM:
    Yes it would be cool. Tired of 10-meter-large trees.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a (Central-european perspective here) normal forest with normal-sized trees, kind of what you see in Zul'Aman.

Also, a salt-flat / volcanic landscape mix would be awesome, like the Afar Depression:
    The salt flats one has kinda been done in WoD with Gorgrond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Suramar "kinda" fits this bill, but i would like to see a whole city zone that it more similar to kaineng from guild wars factions rather than just constant "an illusion ! What are you hiding".

There's no Big River like the Mississippi and its massive delta. I don't know if you never been to the Mississippi river but its really really REALLY wide. its ridiculous.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    Mmmh...an icecap maybe ? A frozen continent?
    There's Icecrown. It's basically a massive sheet of ice, lore-wise it's said to be a glacier that collided with the Northrend contient thousands of years ago. Icecrown Citadel itself is a glacier with fortifications build around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    What do you think Stranglethorn, Sholazar, and Ungoro are?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There's no Big River like the Mississippi and its massive delta. I don't know if you never been to the Mississippi river but its really really REALLY wide. its ridiculous.
    Uldum and it's river delta?

Deleted
    Deepholm sort of is, but a cave zone without the massively high ceiling would be new.

Theres also no real post apocalyptic zone, i.e. trashed urban area everywhere.

7+ Year Old Account

gorgrond has the salt flat/volcanic, i would go there to show you but... i cant go in game to take screenshots so here

it is not a whole zone, but it is some pretty big areas (i dont know if those are the exact locartion, but i know that top right most one is 100% one, and the left side has an area, but idk what of that water it is)

and a whole zone like that would be hard and weird to traverse
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-05-16 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Maybe a Wild Western kind of desert. The deserts in game don't quite look like it as far as I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    There's Icecrown. It's basically a massive sheet of ice, lore-wise it's said to be a glacier that collided with the Northrend contient thousands of years ago. Icecrown Citadel itself is a glacier with fortifications build around it.
    Northrend is barely a frozen continent, there are forests, a varied animal life, and there isn't even snow everywhere etc... By icecap I mean a floating chunk of ice, with nothing on it (which is different from a glacier; glacier are found in valleys) and by frozen continent a continent with Nothing but snow on it just like antartica.
    Last edited by mmoc65bb3ee933; 2017-05-16 at 01:07 PM.

Northrend is barely a frozen continent, there are forests, a varied animal life, and there isn't even snow everywhere etc... By icecap I mean a floating chunk of ice, with nothing on it (which is different from a glacier; glacier are found in valleys) and by frozen continent a continent with Nothing but snow on it just like antartica.
    The problem is, there would be very little to do in a place like that. That's why Northrend suddenly became a lot more than a land of simply snow and ice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I haven't, but we have this other thing over here called the pacific ocean lol

But how would you utilize a massive river like that? They already did a lot of underwater stuff in cata.

Someone said a massive frozen continent. lol like Northrend maybe???? bwahaha
    I'd say something outer space and galactic and so forth, but outlands much?
    I don't think there's much they haven't covered if I'm honest and fair.
    That's something I should be really happy about but now i want to think of something they haven't...grrr lol
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    My request would more be, more of something they already have. More places like Deepholm, more places like Vashj'ir, more places like Surumar city (yes, I said it, come at me! Need city scape questing zones, ruins or not).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Northrend was a frozen continent up until they decided no one wants an entirely frozen biome as the entire new gameplay area. Also an icecap by definition is a region of any sort covered in ice, doesn't specifically mean overland or water or even one 'continent'.

So technically... Icecrown could be regarded as an icecap... hell Zul'drak, stormpeaks, and icecrown are mostly frozen over except for a few spots.

on topic:

otherworldly biomes out of fantasy settings aside... WoW seems to have them all in some form. Though not all as huge zones and many seem to get forgotten cause they're really only present as a small part of a region many people tried hard to avoid. Salt flats for example have the same graphics tied to them as hot springs in WoW and are present in a few locations... and if it's not sharing graphics with hot springs then they use the same textures as deserts or sea floor.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-05-16 at 01:28 PM.