Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Maybe. But as this season started, the Moff said in an interview (I looked, can't find it again ) that this regeneration was going to be "Non Standard" whatever that means... I'm assuming that was his suitably moffatian way of saying that something is going to go a bit wrong with this regeneration, and it wont be the usual "Oh no it's time to go: just enough time left to give my big farewell speech"
    Maybe you are focusing on the wrong part of the regeneration. The non-standardness could be the outcome.. Like him regenerating into a girl, or possibly a different humanoid type/race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if i recall correctly i think the interview you're talking about he meant time wise
    Ahhh, that could be interesting... Having the regeneration as the cliffhanger for the season finale... So the episode ends with the big burst of light, and then credits roll... And then we don't see the outcome for a while.

That would be SUCH a moffatt thing to do.

p.s. Don't bother doing reactions to Class. Every reaction would be the same "Urg, why the fuck am I wasting my time with this nonsense?" Seriously, I couldn't get through the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    "So where was I? ---AH that's right! Barcelona! "
    I would be 100000% behind them doing something like that. Capaldi dies mid sentence, then regenerates and his new form just... Picks up right where he left off.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Maybe you are focusing on the wrong part of the regeneration.
    That is very possible, I wouldn't put it past Moffat to pull something like that, knowing he wouldn't have to deal with the fallout XD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That is very possible, I wouldn't put it past Moffat to pull something like that, knowing he wouldn't have to deal with the fallout XD.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind it at all if it was fitting storwise. But the role reversals, gender swaps just to feed the PC culture beast pisses me off.. Like I loved the new wolverine X-23 being female, the story made sense, she had her own personality traits and twists etc.. Jane Foster picking up Thor's hammer and becoming Thor and a girl becoming Iron"man" felt very forced and unfitting. Knowing Mofftat it would be a mess ..

10+ Year Old Account
    I would disagree strongly with the Jane Foster thing feeling forced, but this is a discussion I've had a billion times and this is neither the time nor the place for it.

Tbh, for the Doctor, I think if Moffat had been sticking around for another season, there is like a 90% chance we would have seen a female Doctor.

However, Chibnal combined with the current attitude of the BBC, makes me think they'll go for more old school, traditional casting for him.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst episode ever. The only saving grace was Missy's one liners. Even she was wasted by being a sub plot.

Just a large ball of crud.

This is the only time I've ever felt I've literally wasted time watching an episode of doctor who...

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I thought it was great... Once again, I think it would have been better if they'd made it a two parter, so they could really expand on it... But that's me, I think 90% of episodes should be two parters.

Capaldi gave some solid speeches, Bill was excellent and even Nardole amused me at times.

For me, this episode had tied with Pilot for my favourite of the season.

Deleted
    Id love to have David John Bradley to show up while/after the regeneration - that would be fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I thought it was great... Once again, I think it would have been better if they'd made it a two parter, so they could really expand on it... But that's me, I think 90% of episodes should be two parters.

Capaldi gave some solid speeches, Bill was excellent and even Nardole amused me at times.

Deleted
    I liked that episode. Also it proofed what many speculated. Gonna be interesting to see what led there.

Deleted

It is a 2parter isn't it, next weeks is continuing the story with those weird undead looking people.

Really liked this weeks episode, glad we finally get a two parter, cool concept in this episode as well , thought it was well done.
    I got worried towards the end of this one that it was going to be one of those episodes that spends 45min building up, and then 2mins resolving the plot. Was really expecting the doctor to show up at the cern lab and stop all of that.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-05-20 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    It is a 2parter isn't it
    No, afaik its a 3-parter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, afaik its a 3-parter
    :O thats even better!

Nardole telling Bill off was probably one of my favourite bits, and Missy saying "i've just been executed, show some respect!"

- - - Updated - - -

The random number thing was kind of dumb, unless its expanded on in the next episode. Also how long have they been in the simulation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    It is a 2parter isn't it, next weeks is continuing the story with those weird undead looking people.
    I have the distinct impression this arc is going to carry on, possibly all the way to the finalé.

But when I said it should have been a two parter, I mean that this specific section, with simulation and all that jazz... It was a great concept and I feel like it was waved off a little too quickly. Fingers crossed they will expand more on it in the upcoming episodes.

Also: TOTALLY called it that Missy was in the box... But to be fair, so did like 1/2 the fans, the other 1/2 thinking it was Simms.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also: TOTALLY called it that Missy was in the box... But to be fair, so did like 1/2 the fans, the other 1/2 thinking it was Simms.
    Unless I wasn't looking for a second, we never see Missy come outof the box. Just because the Doctor thinks she is in there doesn't mean she is. Or who is to say she doesn't retrograde and blow our minds. I think this is typical Moffat juju. Too straightforward and revealed too early. Number one rule, the Moffat lies.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Unless I wasn't looking for a second, we never see Missy come outof the box.
    Once they set up the whole "Timelord Death Machine" thing, I had a theory that there was nothing in the box, he was simply guarding her corpse, and this whole time he's just been talking to himself... But they ruined that by having her get back up.

I mean, it's totally possible that there could be anything, up to and including Simms in there... But I think the whole "What's in the box!" thing is a huge bait and switch, and while we're all focused on THAT, something insane and probably Simms related is going to come out of left field.

Because while Moffat always lies, he also LOVES a bit of misdirection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once they set up the whole "Timelord Death Machine" thing, I had a theory that there was nothing in the box, he was simply guarding her corpse, and this whole time he's just been talking to himself... But they ruined that by having her get back up.
    In the termite episode he tells who ever is in the box that children were eaten and she/he/ it begins to play the piano so don't think he's just talking to himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    In the termite episode he tells who ever is in the box that children were eaten and she/he/ it begins to play the piano so don't think he's just talking to himself.
    Except that there's no one else there to acknowledge that the music is really playing, and he's not just hearing it in his head, because he WANTS her to still be alive, even though she's not.

Idk man this is the 3rd episode from this season i fall asleep to.

Something is not quite right.
    And the whole "blind doctor" situation just isn't making it for me.
    I haven't even bothered to re-watch either of those 3 episodes because i think that if something actually makes sleep and cant keep up my interest in is not worth while.
    So far this has been one quite weak season.
    Not that the previous one was any better..

Deleted
    Except that there's no one else there to acknowledge that the music is really playing, and he's not just hearing it in his head, because he WANTS her to still be alive, even though she's not.
    Yes there is. Nardole even says "Is that a piano? When did we put a piano in there?"

There was no way the doctor was going to "kill" the master, or that it wasn't going to be a form of the master in the box. I'm just hoping that both Missy and Saxon are in there.

That brings up a question. If the Doctor put a piano in there, how is it possible he didn't see Missy/Saxon? He is still calling the Master, Missy. So I'm not quite sold on the Missy/Saxon switch.