Page 51 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its also a shitty point and shows how little faith they have in someone.

I also notice it is his supporters who say this..... (not claiming the person you are quoting is a supporter)

Most of the people have no fucking idea whats going on in the heads of Trumps cabinet, some may have never been heard of before being put in the cabinet. Some probably just stick to their specific job. There job is not to control Trump and you have other people going for the same influence.

Too many ppl watch dumb TV shows like house of cards and game of thrones and see reality in it some how when it comes to politics. Sure, a show like house of cards can be based on reality, but its a script, its in its own universe, only some characters are meant to have the cogs moving in their heads and thus does not truely reflect what reality can be.
    I agree 100%. Entertainment has warped our perception about how things works and what is normal and acceptable.

My best friend just went to Afghanistan on his third tour. He is a remarkable, kind hearted person who would do anything for anybody and wouldn't hurt a fly. Loves cuddling with his puppies. His job is in counter-intelligence. I've had people ask "has he tortured anybody". Why? Because there's been a solid decade and a half of shit like that being normalized. From my friends mouth: torture doesn't work and a pack of cigarettes does. They're also not allowed. So first there is the perception by the public that it does work. Secondly, my friend's this great person, and people ask if he's doing a dark and evil thing very casually. Something that would be a great crime and a permanent black mark against his character (and mine, for him being like a brother to me).

So yes. Game of Thrones, House of Cards... hell even news apps on our phones beaming horror from around the world that doesn't effect our lives to us in real time... have roundly desensitized us to things that should utterly horrify us. Trump's election is much of the same. None of this is remotely normal. But because we've seen it on TV or read about it in some far flung place, we're surprisingly used to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    We know. And bringing down Trump is one-third about torturing that cult for what they have done. And I don't mean waterboarding. Yet again: convincing the Trumpkins about what Trump is and what he has done is not an essential part of the plan. It's not even a reach goal. The crumbling of Trump's Presidency is something that is happening to them. They don't have to "be okay with it".

Would Vampires "be okay" with getting staked? Fuck no. And we're staking vampires here.
    In case Trump really loses his presidency, the thing will be far from over and his followers' obessession might reach new heights.
    Yeah if he lost his power, they might get bored after a while, but will soon find another 'god emperor' and we'll start all over again.

What I'm saying is Trump might be a problem, but an even bigger one is the deeply divided society and that isn't temporary.

Trump is the 'symptom' and not the 'cause' and if we're looking at history the only way to get rid of the cause is a large scale escalation.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-05-16 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    Again, you're a terrible reader.
    I think you probably don´t understand the meaning of sharing those information with russia... But hey, you can believe your lord and saviour Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Soo here is a thing. I will not defend his stupidity for sharing Super Secret information( most of our OWN Intelligence agencies did not have this information), but.... If the WH staffer kept their mouth shut, NO ONE not even ISIS (who now knows who the spy in their midst is) would know he said anything.

But now with it being TOP NEWS all over the world.... the entire media and social media agencies just gave away that information TO ISIS.

While this was a COMPLETE bonehead dumbass...( I cant think of something that serves here) move by the Idiot Cheeto head, 'if' it stayed in the Oval Office and not leaked that it was leaked to the Russians, ISIS would not know who their spy is and now deal with them. We are so quick to show the stupidity of this man that the media and the idiot who leaked to the media what was discussed is know 'known' to ISIS.

Again.. I WILL NOT defend this man but should we also not be looking at the one who leaked the leak as well as the dumbass who is colluding with the Russians? I mean look at it from another angle, IF it was not leaked that the dumbass leaked it to Russians, IF the Russians got this information to ISIS it would be concrete evidence that the Russians are colluding with ISIS. That would effectively turn the Global community against Russia.

America is in a sad sad sad state. The goal of terrorism is to destabilize and sow fear in a country or people. America has become a joke to the world. Civilized and Advanced countries are bowing their heads in shame as the Greatest Power in the world has whittled away into this sad state we are in now.
    We have a LONG LONG LONG nother 3 years of this Idiot in office, I pray we can make it through with a microgram of respect from the rest of the world.
    Not really, because of the damage control:

They had to inform the actual source of this breach anyway. So the only thing reporting about it changed is that the public knows it. They had to tell the alliy the got the information from anyway (as this would be normal procedure). The only case this changes if the Trump administration didn't want to face their error and try to put it under the table (which is even worse).

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree 100%. Entertainment has warped our perception about how things works and what is normal and acceptable.

My best friend just went to Afghanistan on his third tour. He is a remarkable, kind hearted person who would do anything for anybody and wouldn't hurt a fly. Loves cuddling with his puppies. His job is in counter-intelligence. I've had people ask "has he tortured anybody". Why? Because there's been a solid decade and a half of shit like that being normalized. From my friends mouth: torture doesn't work and a pack of cigarettes does. They're also not allowed. So first there is the perception by the public that it does work. Secondly, my friend's this great person, and people ask if he's doing a dark and evil thing very casually. Something that would be a great crime and a permanent black mark against his character (and mine, for him being like a brother to me).

So yes. Game of Thrones, House of Cards... hell even news apps on our phones beaming horror from around the world that doesn't effect our lives to us in real time... have roundly desensitized us to things that should utterly horrify us. Trump's election is much of the same. None of this is remotely normal. But because we've seen it on TV or read about it in some far flung place, we're surprisingly used to it.
    Man I feel bad for your friend, from my buds who did come back, most didnt really see that much combat and the locals were generally good to them, however you would not be surprised by the stuff they get asked. People watch too many movies.

Deleted

Awww, what a sweet gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolor View Post
    I think you probably don´t understand the meaning of sharing those information with russia... But hey, you can believe your lord and saviour Trump
    Information (or "Facts") =/= Intelligence
    And the pot stirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    In case Trump really loses his presidency, the thing will be far from over and his followers' obessession might reach new heights.
    Yeah if he lost his power, they might get bored after a while, but will soon find another 'god emperor' and we'll start all over again.
    Which is why this needs to be drawn out and terrible for them. It must be a deterrent.

Just to reiterate for the "independents" (before skroe has a heart attack)

Source claims it

People say this is unfounded

Trump confirms it

Trump states it was not important info and would have been shared anyway (this should be our debate)

People say this is unfounded

Same people believed Pizzagate
    And the same people claimed that hillary was about to die, and having parkinson's disease. Dont ya' remember that?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    And the same people claimed that hillary was about to die, and having parkinson's disease. Dont ya' remember that?
    I member lol

If that's what you feel. No need to be disingenuous about how much it sucks that nothing is going to happen. You guys can circlejerk over non-news all you want, no need to even respond to me.
    As with Sulla, you don't really understand which side of the situation you're on here. You think your clown holds all the cards, when in reality he's playing poker with an Old Maid deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    This is not about ISIS at all. Russia is not a friend/ally/pal/mother in law of the West and Trump gave away intel collected by actual allies, who don't consider Russia to be a friend/ally/pal/mother in law. It's a breach of confidence, it's Kyle behaving like Cartman.
    Ohh I get that. But when reviewing all of Media; Fox, CNN,MSN, Local News, most do say that Russia is trying to combat ISIS just as much as we are. So in an Alternative Fact way(thank Kellyann Conway for that) he was giving information that could help combat ISIS another country trying to combat ISIS.

I for one dont believe the Russians will ever be anything useful to combating I ISIS, but the reason I mentioned ISIS is that the allies who gave us this information are certainly going to feel betrayed by this. And if the information was so Super Secret that only 'select' people withing Intelligence knew about it, that means that only certain spies knew it which in turn means that ISIS can track down who could have leaked it all that much easier. There are far more dangers of this being leaked other than that it was given to a foreign adversary.

But the flipside of the coin is that, if it was not leaked that it was leaked to Russians by the Idiot in office, those sources would still be as protected if that idiot in office said nothing at all to the Russians. Our Allies would not have known that it was leaked to the Russians, we would not know NO ONE would know. There is good and bad in this situation.

Man I feel bad for your friend, from my buds who did come back, most didnt really see that much combat and the locals were generally good to them, however you would not be surprised by the stuff they get asked. People watch too many movies.
    My friend saw quite a bit, but because he worked in counter intelligence, he worked often with Special Operations. I don't know details beyond where he was based and that I saw all the recognition he and his unit received when we hung out last (a month ago). He has some PTSD too.

He's a contractor now though... doing the same job he was doing in the Army for $200k a year though. God bless American capitalism. After getting paid chicken scratch as a Sargent, he'll have money to pay off his and his wife's student loans and buy a house.

Soo here is a thing. I will not defend his stupidity for sharing Super Secret information( most of our OWN Intelligence agencies did not have this information), but.... If the WH staffer kept their mouth shut, NO ONE not even ISIS (who now knows who the spy in their midst is) would know he said anything.

But now with it being TOP NEWS all over the world.... the entire media and social media agencies just gave away that information TO ISIS.

While this was a COMPLETE bonehead dumbass...( I cant think of something that serves here) move by the Idiot Cheeto head, 'if' it stayed in the Oval Office and not leaked that it was leaked to the Russians, ISIS would not know who their spy is and now deal with them. We are so quick to show the stupidity of this man that the media and the idiot who leaked to the media what was discussed is know 'known' to ISIS.

Again.. I WILL NOT defend this man but should we also not be looking at the one who leaked the leak as well as the dumbass who is colluding with the Russians? I mean look at it from another angle, IF it was not leaked that the dumbass leaked it to Russians, IF the Russians got this information to ISIS it would be concrete evidence that the Russians are colluding with ISIS. That would effectively turn the Global community against Russia.

America is in a sad sad sad state. The goal of terrorism is to destabilize and sow fear in a country or people. America has become a joke to the world. Civilized and Advanced countries are bowing their heads in shame as the Greatest Power in the world has whittled away into this sad state we are in now.
    We have a LONG LONG LONG nother 3 years of this Idiot in office, I pray we can make it through with a microgram of respect from the rest of the world.
    What the anonymous sources leaked though was the fact that classified information was leaked, not the actual information itself. All that ISIS learns from that is that foreign intelligence is after them, which is not exactly news.

Ohh I get that. But when reviewing all of Media; Fox, CNN,MSN, Local News, most do say that Russia is trying to combat ISIS just as much as we are. So in an Alternative Fact way(thank Kellyann Conway for that) he was giving information that could help combat ISIS another country trying to combat ISIS.
    Bullshit and scroll up. The maps show that's nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend saw quite a bit, but because he worked in counter intelligence, he worked often with Special Operations. I don't know details beyond where he was based and that I saw all the recognition he and his unit received when we hung out last (a month ago). He has some PTSD too.

He's a contractor now though... doing the same job he was doing in the Army for $200k a year though. God bless American capitalism. After getting paid chicken scratch as a Sargent, he'll have money to pay off his and his wife's student loans and buy a house.
    Thats a fantastic end there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Again, you're a terrible reader.
    Nowhere did you deny he gave russia information.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Not really, because of the damage control:

They had to inform the actual source of this breach anyway. So the only thing reporting about it changed is that the public knows it. They had to tell the ally the got the information from anyway (as this would be normal procedure). The only case this changes if the Trump administration didn't want to face their error and try to put it under the table (which is even worse).
    They have inform the source yes, but is it possible to do it in a time frame that can protect that ally? What if they are not able to get to that source to warn that the information was leaked and is now top news around the globe? Thinking worst case scenario, how feasible or possible is it to remove the ally to safety if that is needed. Also if it should be known to ISIS now, if the information was in the top rungs of the ISIS ladder think of how much information we are now losing out on because that ally may have to be removed from the danger(if any).

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    As with Sulla, you don't really understand which side of the situation you're on here. You think your clown holds all the cards, when in reality he's playing poker with an Old Maid deck.
    "Your clown"
    I voted for Johnson. I also would have accepted Stein. I'm not defending Trump, I'm letting you guys know you're celebrating nothing, because it's true. You're celebrating people saying the same legal thing, "We talked about terrorism and civil airlines. Big whoop. It's legal for the executives in our position." 13526 was signed under Obama, by the way, so it's not like it's an Order Trump or Nixon signed to save their asses. It's non-news.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people are missing the point. Yes, there is nothing wrong with sharing intelligence with allies. But (especially with information given by someone else that was NOT cleared to be shared yet), there are procedures to this. Not just inviting the Russian ambassador in and blabbing everything to him like you're hawking used cars.