Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Teen death ruled as a caffeine overdose.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-rules-n759716

"A 16 year old boy died after drinking caffeine laden soft drinks, coffee and an energy drink a coroner said Monday."

The kid overdosed on caffeine.

"On this particular day within the two hours prior to his death, we know had consumed a large diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonalds and also some type of energy drink," Watts said.
    Hell, that really doesn't sound like that much. Bad luck on the heart issue I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-rules-n759716

"A 16 year old boy died after drinking caffeine laden soft drinks, coffee and an energy drink a coroner said Monday."
    Unless he was pounding down redbulls as some feat of testicular fortitude. I have a hard time believing this was just normal consumption. He had to be trying to drink as much as he could or something to the effect.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

hahahaha what a madman
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Hell, that really doesn't sound like that much. Bad luck on the heart issue I suppose.
    The article also says there was no sign of any heart issues. So I really think it wasn't just 1 mt dew, 1 latte, and 1 energy drink. I have to assume that he was literally chugging these things in multiples.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard of this story earlier. The teen has a heart condition? Not sure if it was known at the time or not by the teen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    And here I ask, where were the parents?
    Work? Shopping? I dunno. I did all types of stupid things when my parents judging gaze wasn't upon me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I heard of this story earlier. The teen has a heart condition? Not sure if it was known at the time or not by the teen.
    This is from the Article:

"The autopsy was performed and there was nothing there to indicate any type of ... undiagnosed heart condition," he said."

Deleted
    It happened when he was at school, so I would guess they were at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Unless he was pounding down redbulls as some feat of testicular fortitude. I have a hard time believing this was just normal consumption. He had to be trying to drink as much as he could or something to the effect.
    Maybe you should give the ME a call and give them your expert opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The article also says there was no sign of any heart issues. So I really think it wasn't just 1 mt dew, 1 latte, and 1 energy drink. I have to assume that he was literally chugging these things in multiples.
    Many energy drinks contain two servings. I would imagine he drank both.

He's 16. At 16 did you listen to your parents religiously at that age? Probably 1% out of 99%. Like most children including myself at that age, you're almost an adult and don't need an adult to supervise over you like a hawk, especially when the child who died was buying at superstores for Mountain Dew and McDonald's Latte's, then had his fatal reaction inside the classroom.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-05-16 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should give the ME a call and give them your expert opinion.
    lol, I'm sayin, the article isn't clear enough about the amount consumed.

I start my day with an 8oz Redbull. Then when I get to work, if i'm not awake enough to be perky, I drink one of those little bottles of Starbucks Frapachino. Then soon after i'll begin sipping away at a 20oz coke.

My heart is fine. So I have to assume that he wasn't just drinking these things casually. He had to have been slamming them.

- - - Updated - - -

Many energy drinks contain two servings. I would imagine he drank both.
    I have my doubts that it wasn't a case of reckless consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I agree, it really doesn't. Maybe he was stressed. Any number of conditions could have lead to the circumstances. Maybe he hadn't eaten in 24 hours because he had been playing video games. Who knows??

I heard drinking energy drinks in multiples can really make you sick. Didn't realize they could kill you. Glad we don't buy them. If coffee doesn't wake me up, then it's clear I need a darker brew or get more sleep at night.

Also...why the hell were his parents buying him energy drinks? Teenager...should of been in school....not at home drinking energy drinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    I heard drinking energy drinks in multiples can really make you sick. Didn't realize they could kill you. Glad we don't buy them. If coffee doesn't wake me up, then it's clear I need a darker brew or get more sleep at night.

Also...why the hell were his parents buying him energy drinks? Teenager...should of been in school....not at home drinking energy drinks.
    At 16 years old, i'm sure you can scrape some money together, stop at the corner store, and pick up whatever beverage you can afford. It's not like he was a kid under 10 years old. He was 2 years from being an adult.

Where/are your parents ALWAYS around you? Every second of the day, of your life?
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

Deleted

They can't kill you unless you're chugging down 15 energy drinks in a row or have a heart/caffeine disease/allergy. Most energy drinks don't even have enough caffein to cover 1/4 of a cup of coffee.

People have died before from drinking energy drinks. Dont some European countries ban them?

Having slammed 4 or 5 cocaine energy drinks back to back with no issues. I find a mountain dew, some coffee, and an energy drink rather unfeasible.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

it doesn't actually take a whole lot of caffeine to kill a person.

considering how much soda i used to drink, i'm surprised i never had any complications.

They can kill you. Someone in France died after drinking 6 redbulls.