10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Exactly. That appears to make all the difference.
    Even if you don't realize it, it's good that at least you admit it. Remember that story about John Kerry you thought was real last year, but was debunked and apologized for nearly a decade ago? Yeah, it really does depend on who you are talking about. Becuase you are defending Trump in a way I have not seen you do in your posting history... or in the case of Kerry, 6 years before you even posted here...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been deleted already, given how this forum treats so-called "conspiracy theories."
    Lol..Do you guys even listen to yourself. You guys have made a career out of "conspiracy theories". For past 8 years, nuttiest theories one could imagine. I bet your "gang of like minded ones" is discussing one right now wherever you live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    What we do know is that it was sensitive enough that the administration requested to CNN that they withhold the details due to the fact it could reveal sources and methods.

Let that rattle around in your brain for awhile.
    Call on his version from before the election. That GhostPanther would be agreeing with you...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    To reiterate again

Source makes claim

Supporters (lul totally independents) claim it is fake

Trump confirms, but claims it was something he was allowed to do (which should be what we are discussing)

Supporters (lul still totally independants) still claim it is a conspiracy or that its not a problem

Turns out allies do not like info they gather may be given away freely

Supporters (lul the gags gettin old) claim nothing bad can come from this

Supporters claim since Russia is an ally, they are allowed this info, which is a childish notion as the US wont give all its info to allies like the UK unless it is absolutely necessary because the more hands that touch info, the more likely the info is leaked causing other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    So, how exactly is this information "compromises" anyone? Can you show me?
    Information that gives the nature of the information and the location is was sourced from makes it very easy for ISIS to know who in that location would know the information. That means that if the information got out that Trump is sharing around, the source would likely be killed. The information is sensitive enough that the US intelligence community hasn't shared it with our own allies because the more people that know a thing, the more chances there are for leaks. However, Trump just shared it with people who have interest in harming the US relations with countries in the region and reducing our power base there. He shared it in an unclassified setting. He made the information less secure by spreading it to more people. If any of the Russian staff who were present, or Russian reporters, or Russia's government let it out, its likely some country's intelligence gathering network will be damaged and their effectiveness in preventing terrorist attacks will be damaged.

But I'm going over things that would take you ten seconds to read, aren't I?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's plenty of people here that are Americans.
    And more that are not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    People I've quoted are calling it a crime. Maybe you and other intelligent people aren't. But just do a quick search on this topic for "impeach".
    Mishandling classified information can be grounds for impeachment, especially when sharing with our number 1 adversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnar View Post
    Name 2 other instances of a President or VP revealing code word classified information.
    So you have incontrovertible sources that say code word classified information was released? Do share. Then after that you can tell me how a President doesn't have that right.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

People I've quoted are calling it a crime. Maybe you and other intelligent people aren't. But just do a quick search on this topic for "impeach".
    Their computers would explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Whose pussy was grabbed, names with supporting evidence; Tax fraud you claim? evidence is required.
    Surely you can convince God-Emperor to release his taxes for last 10 years? Can you now? If you so care for "evidence", this is the least you can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Mishandling classified information can be grounds for impeachment, especially when sharing with our number low number adversary.
    Don't give them too much credit. China is more of an adversary that we have a "decent" rivalry with atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    What source do you have for this? This claim is directly refuted by multiple sources in the WaPo article. So what information do you have that leads you to believe it's true?

And quit saying no one is claiming a crime was committed. Do you have half the posters in this thread blocked?
    TV interviews last night with former military officials and national security officials close to the matter on CNN. I don't block anyone on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Mishandling classified information can be grounds for impeachment, especially when sharing with our number 1 adversary.
    I thought China was our #1 adversary. Or was that NK? It keeps changing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    Because it gives information about the source.
    It gives information about location of the plot, not the source of this information (which can be quite removed from actual plot location).

Which means that this source could be extremely disinclined to give future intelligence, for fear of being put in danger.
    Suddenly remembers multiple scandals about CIA agents and informants being exposed due to blunders and leaks in previous administrations.
    People who deal with intelligence services have to live with that threat.

Keeping the identity of intelligence assets safe is incredibly important to the cultivation of good intelligence. If they don't think you've got their backs, they're not going to tell you shit.
    In this particular case identity wasn't revealed. Any claims that revealing city reveals identity are conjecture. As do claims that Russians are interested in identifying and destroying this source.

And there were many previous scandals where identity was revealed directly. It happens. Live goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by javen View Post
    US allies seem to be reacting to this in an expected way, which is to be extremely withdrawn while speaking to Trump regarding classified info, since he's proven that while he is legally able to share that information with anyone he wants, he lacks the intelligence to discern whether it is appropriate to do so. His actions have diminished the US in the eyes of foreign leaders, and have done nothing to benefit the country as a trade-off. It's a dumb, unforced error that could in no way serve anyone except for Trump and his ego. "What he's done is both legal, and extremely stupid" could basically describe Trump's entire life.
    You're right in that he tends to speak of everything and hide nothing. That was one of the reasons he was elected though, he's not a politician who masks true intent behind the slithering rhetoric of a snake. So yes, in this instance, that may be a weakness. I would say it'd be prudent for his staff around him to better control that information coming out. However, I would feel more safe if our government officials was alerting the public to such threats instead of hiding that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.f00f85b9d32e

It's almost like people have been warning Trumps inability to keep his fucking mouth shut for well over a year.
    You see the first statement from the whitehouse pretty much said "fake news". I bet you didn't see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Don't give them too much credit. China is more of an adversary that we have a "decent" rivalry with atm.
    In Syria they're our adversary. We have a truce to not shoot each other but we have very different allies in the region and contradictory goals. It is in Russia's interest for the US's power base in the middle-east to be damaged, and vice-versa.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    http://www.newsweek.com/us-officials...l-trump-609782

"U.S. intelligence officials reportedly warned their Israeli counterparts to exert caution in sharing top secret information with Donald Trump’s administration for fear of it being passed to Russia and then to Moscow’s ally and Israel’s arch-enemy, Iran."

Our president, ladies and gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Russia is much more aggressive internationally right now than China, and China doesn't have a nuclear parity with the US. Russia has numerically one.

China's a larger problem over the course of the century - really after 2030. Russia is a more short term, but more dangerous issue in the now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    I thought China was our #1 adversary. Or was that NK? It keeps changing all the time.
    Russia today, China 15-20 years from now. China is rising, Russia is in decline. The danger comes from when China will do in the future when it is at parity with the US, and what Russia will do in the near-future as its decline continues.