Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    ALL my chars are atleast 907. Which i consider LOW.

My highest ilvl char is 915, which i've only played on for a little less than two months.

Gearing is fcking easy.

You can get 900+ in less than a day if you know how to play efficiently.

Basically:

(if you have a leather user toon)

Make a m+ group with 5 leather users. (Demonhunters/Druid/Monks/Rogues) and do your keys untill they get too high for you to do.

Create your own raidgroups with as many leather users as possible and do the raids. Normal/Heroic.

Don't do LFR, its a waste of time..
    BOOM two legendaries and full gear in less than 1 day.
    Getting just any random garbage gear in your bags is usually not enough though .

Especially on trinkets and rings and for some classes relics.

The unfortunate truth about this expansion is that item level does not matter at all anymore. It barely mattered before but this expansion nailed the coffin by making items of all levels drop from any content.

I for one miss the days when I could look at an item level and instantly know what level of content that player has seen.

Honestly, what's the point of gear if there isn't progression to go along with it?

My MM dinged 110 and I popped into random BGs and have little issues raining down hell on jabroni's.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    heh I'd never thought 905 would be high whatsoever, in fact I always feel so behind compared to everyone else I play with. I guess when you play too much you lose touch on what is normal and what is gg in game.

I don't often run casual rbgs but lately I've been running quite a few and is always face rolling mode lol

And I agree tanks are pretty op in pvp, especially 925 protection warriors, they are literally unkillable.
    I'll be honest with you son, I think you are lying as a result of not understanding the pvp gearing system.

Everyone in pvp is ilvl 900. Even if they are naked. And points in gear above that increase by 0.1%.
    So, the difference between someone being naked with a weapon and someone in 925 gear is very, very little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Try unequpping all your gear in PvP and tell me how it doesn't matter lul.
    This also applied to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    The unfortunate truth about this expansion is that item level does not matter at all anymore. It barely mattered before but this expansion nailed the coffin by making items of all levels drop from any content.

I for one miss the days when I could look at an item level and instantly know what level of content that player has seen.

Honestly, what's the point of gear if there isn't progression to go along with it?
    Ilvl doesn't matter much in pvp, but in pve the difference between 900 and 910 for dps is extreme.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    My MM dinged 110 and I popped into random BGs and have little issues raining down hell on jabroni's.
    That's because of Templates are based of 900, and 36 traits baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Unless you're only playing with mythic raiders, yeah ilvl 900 is pretty high.

Some people really need a reality check here.

---

He's talking about PvP. Legion added such a crapton of weird layers altering stat that it's becoming impossible to eyeball what is actually happening with them.

In PvE, yeah, it's +1 ilvl = +1 % stat, but for PvP he might be right (honestly I don't care enough about PvP to check ).
    Yup, 900 is actually a really solid ilvl if you're just playing casually or raiding HC from time to time.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    There's a post on the front page which contains the average for each class / spec in parenthesis. Average seems to be between 857 and 878, depending on spec. That would be including alts. So my guess is the "main" average is a little over that. Considering you can fill in gaps with 880 items (5k nethershards), if you actually invest a little bit of time in a character, you probably average in about 890 (without doing M+ and raiding).
    My 4 chars that I spent nethershards on are around 893-898 (and not equipping every random versatility titanforged piece)

Now I gotta admit, I don't have 2 or 4 piece tier, but come ToS LFR 890 tier is a lot more attractive then 860 right now)

7.2.5 the average will go up at least 20ish itemlevel so from 865ish to 890ish, similar to how LFR will go up to 30 itemlevels, and season 4 and a likely WQ/crafted boost will help as well.

7.3 I expect a generic dungeon/mythic+ itemlevel raise again with new argus dungeons.

In fact the highest average itemlevel people are pvpers now.

You can literally look at someone's tier gear and very quickly deduce

Quote Originally Posted by chesder View Post
    what level of content that player has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    7.2.5 the average will go up at least 20ish itemlevel so from 865ish to 890ish, similar to how LFR will go up to 30 itemlevels, and season 4 and a likely WQ/crafted boost will help as well..
    Black Temple Time-walking drops 900 gear, but it requires a pre-made group to do; Tomb is 930+ for Mythic.

900 ilvl will mean a lot, lot less and the gap will be a bit bigger probably come ToS.
    Last edited by Mercane; 2017-05-16 at 02:57 PM.

Getting 910 itm lvl is easy, but getting more than 900+ itm lvl with the right stats for your class is hell, so ye, 905ilvl equipped is somewhat high right now

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Only one of these sources offers over 890 and you're claiming it took multiple hours per relinquished token. Did already have a crafted legendary? I don't see how else you managed this on base mythics / invasions / so on with how slow your nethershard farming was.

The best part is your only source above 890 isn't always physically up when someone dings, and is not guaranteed to drop loot from the 1 kill + x bonus rolls you do.
    Its fake news is all

Having not set foot in normal raids or anything above mythic 0 my ilvl is 904 right now. With forging on relinquished stuff and the broken shore world bosses it's not terrible to catch up. The main source other than those for myself has been the pvp gear out off the ffa and warden towers titanforging. It seems like they forge a lot more often than other wq rewards and are base 870.

Would it be possible to farm enough shards to get 905 in a week? If you had no job and could do each invasion every time, maybe? If you nabbed multiple pieces off the world bosses, if you got lucky on forges? *shrug*

I've been playing legion hardcore mode for a couple months now and to me 900 ilvl is bare minimum.

Now I see lots of people with much higher ilvls so I know that 900 can't be that high at this time of expansion anymore.

Now my question is I've been playing some casual rbgs and I barely ever die, go 1vs6 in their base and my damage is like 100mil + every single rbg if I play my Ret pally whereas the second place is about half my damage most times.

If I play my blood DK is literally hit my forehead on the keyboard to win.. I'm literally unkillable.

Now my question is obviously people is lower ilvl than me (that's the only explanation I can think of).. so I'm asking you guys what is the average ilvl for an average player??
    905 ilvl is only 21 ilvls below the highest ilvl player in the world.

I dunno, seems high to me. https://www.wowprogress.com/gearscore/
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

The majority of those 920+ people are logged out in Cruel Gladiator Elite gear. (910 base itemlevel at high ratings) so pretty misleading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

A little surprised no one has flagged Mongoloids as a racist guild name, lol. EU I guess.

OT.. 895 - 905 is this weird grey area imo, had to swap pieces in and out until I got the right stat drops.

900 is the standard I use while listing just about any activity in group finder because most 900+ players have a 4 set, a couple decent leggos, and have somewhat an idea of what they're doing. Group that are assembled for Heroic Guldan, for example, seem destined to fail if you allow 880+.

If you play the game on a regular basis, you should be close to 900.

My raid group is 9/10M, hopefully killing M Guldan in the next week or so, and we're all around 908-915.

Titanforging, Mythic+, and weekly + caches have really made it easy to obtain gear. There's also a far cry from a 905 player vs a 910 player with bis gear, relics, and leggos. You can tell who has been farming hardcore and who just loosely chases ilvl by looking at the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    That's because of Templates are based of 900, and 36 traits baseline.
    Yep, pretty cool. Those unkillable tanks are pretty damn killable to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    That maybe true. But how much WQs and Broken Shore have you done? Just because people can does not mean mean people have. Not every players do WQs that regularly and Titanforges does not always happen.
    Thing is, for example my shaman reached 880 equipped while still having 860 rings and trinkets and maybe 1-2 armor pieces. It doesn't mean every item equipped is 880+, legendaries and artifact drag average upwards.

Obviously people don't "have" to gear their characters, it's their choice, it depends what they want to do in the game. I wanted to get balance of power lava fist on my shaman, so started working on it, but generally, what do I do on alts:

- broken shore nether disruptor boss, always, always coin, it's the best bang for your buck on alts, takes zero effort, groups are plentiful and on auto-invite, no one is gonna kick you if you afk or are naked

- old world boss, not as good gear anymore, but can drop legendaries and again takes zero effort, you can just get carried

- command center mission for legionfall supplies as soon as champions are good enough to counter it, can't do on a fresh alt, but atm I don't have a fresh alt, all of my 7 were levelled earlier when I heard 7.2 is coming with flying, class mounts and new AK catchup I started prepping alts, sadly 7.2 came earlier than I thought so rest of the classes are a bit on the backburner, trying to leech a bit xp from invasions then I'll see how fast I can gear them

It's 5 turn ins with chances for legendary and dauntless token.

If I have spare champs, send nethershard mission too. Never send AP on alts, who cares, they'll catch up one day on that when AK is higher. Waste of champs really. Better send them for gold than AP.

- use the order hall perk to complete WQ, I have 4 classes that have it out of my 7, sped up gearing from WQ a lot.

- emissary, maybe 50% of them tops, I try to 100% clear them on main but on alts I often end up not having time, mostly do kirin tor (piss easy with flying), maybe wardens, and if cache coincides with quests like profession. They somehow made it now that felwort / felhide / brimstone and bacon quest spawn in the same zone often during emissary, that's already 2/4 with 1 gathering prof and 3/4 with both gathering profs, and it's super lame to pass this gold, so I do them, then finish the remaining with some quick & easy WQ. Most my alts will have at least 1 gathering prof and all of them have required cooking skill because I levelled them through the garrisons in WOD (buy fish / meat from trading post with all the free resources floating around).

- cherry picking gear quests if not too annoying (no, I won't bring my freshly minted alt to blackrook hold arena, plus I don't like pvp anyway)

- also post 7.2 if I get 1st legendary that is spec specific, I fish for offspec ones, because it's faster, and it's ilvl for the alt, when you don't have 2 for your spec a 940 "stat stick" is still better than nothing (the research towards 2nd legendary takes less time and OR after 7.2 which is nice, before it was rly long grind)

- I might do a weekly event if it's something I enjoy and want to do, timewalking & dungeon event are 2 I sometimes do (not always), thing is if you make a group for mythic0 while the event is running most of the time people will join anyway and rarely check if your alt "sucks" in their eyes, there are some people that will, most won't, and it's 865 gear atm from mythic0.

- I don't do lfr because I really dislike it, but I know people who do, and don't feel ashamed to whisper others to trade them tf loot they don't need, they get way more upgrades than just what dropped, I do feel kinda ashamed to loot whore so I don't do it, but it's effective from what I heard from friends

- broken shore dailies, very rarely, I hate the place, but when you pop a quest with 10 bloods or 1k OR it's hard to pass on it

- I did some invasions on alts if they're at favourable hours, for nethershards and the end boss usually drops 860+ item and / or some dauntless tokens, nowadays I just prio my lower alts for xp once I learned it's a good way to level (didn't know it at start but saw people promoting it as a quick xp boost to alts)

I never said my way is "fast", I don't try to gear my alts asap, they just get stuff when they get played, and none of them is a fresh 110 atm, I said it's casual friendly, because it doesn't involve any of the content casuals are "scared of" (organized raiding, pvp, m+), even thought you can be a casual and raid / m+ / pvp, it's not mutually exclusive, but for some reason there is this notion most casuals only touch content they can do solo / easily pug and doesn't have high skill requirements, I don't know why is there this association, because if we say casuals = people who spend little time on wow, you'd see everyone there from a pet battler / crafter guy who doesn't touch group content, to mythic raiders who just raid log (they won't be in world top guilds but in guilds around ~1000 world rank sure), and among "nolifers" you'll also see everyone from hardcore grinder who still doesn't touch group content to people who pvp / raid at top level on multiple chars.

So generally there are ways to get gear that require time, but don't require much skill or a premade group / guild, which might be a barrier to some players.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    clearly you are not as casual as you think you are

casuals are below 870 atm

let me do wild guess - you are one of those players who play 20 + hours a week and still claim how casualy he plays
    Nah mate. Note that I didn't call myself casual, said I'm more casual than he is. I currently rarely log on outside of raids, and don't make all of those. We're essentially a HC guild giving mythic a go atm and my gear isn't really good enough for that, I'm backup if we have no numbers. That said if I'd been playing as little as I am now since launch my gear would be far lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    There's a post on the front page which contains the average for each class / spec in parenthesis. Average seems to be between 857 and 878, depending on spec.
    I found it interesting that the top 3 highest ilvl average spec are holy paladin, resto druid, resto shaman.

Low ilvl people probably don't log out in healer specs.

Also lowest of all is outlaw, probably all high ilvl rogues are playing other specs (I wonder why).

I also found it interesting that most tanks are just behind healers (fairly high ilvl) with exclusion of blood dk and veng dh, with my experience lots of these being bots / gathering alts (start at higher lvl, don't get dazed in tank spec, don't need much gear to survive gathering herbs etc.)

Funnily top 2 geared dps specs are boomkin and aff lock. Again, not sure why.

Average ilvl of all 110 chars of a spec also includes 1) freshly dinged toons 2) unplayed toons 3) gathering / profession alts 4) bots, it's not just counting mains and taking averages from "casuals" and "hardcores".
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-05-16 at 05:26 PM.

I've been playing legion hardcore mode for a couple months now and to me 900 ilvl is bare minimum.

Now I see lots of people with much higher ilvls so I know that 900 can't be that high at this time of expansion anymore.

Now my question is I've been playing some casual rbgs and I barely ever die, go 1vs6 in their base and my damage is like 100mil + every single rbg if I play my Ret pally whereas the second place is about half my damage most times.

If I play my blood DK is literally hit my forehead on the keyboard to win.. I'm literally unkillable.

Now my question is obviously people is lower ilvl than me (that's the only explanation I can think of).. so I'm asking you guys what is the average ilvl for an average player??
    1) Clases Templates are used in RBGs, regular bg, arenas and Squirm... so 905 are almost useles, i said almost becouse between a player who has 900 and a player with 910 there is 1% of advantage.
    2) 905 its nothing compared to a player who has 890 tier set and bis items... i use prot 900 ilvl and i am almost inmortal in world pvp becouse i geared considering my best stats and not just looking my ilvl.

so resuming, ilvl means nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I found it interesting that the top 3 highest ilvl average spec are holy paladin, resto druid, resto shaman.

Low ilvl people probably don't log out in healer specs.

Also lowest of all is outlaw, probably all high ilvl rogues are playing other specs (I wonder why).

I also found it interesting that most tanks are just behind healers (fairly high ilvl) with exclusion of blood dk and veng dh, with my experience lots of these being bots / gathering alts (start at higher lvl, don't get dazed in tank spec, don't need much gear to survive gathering herbs etc.)

Funnily top 2 geared dps specs are boomkin and aff lock. Again, not sure why.

Average ilvl of all 110 chars of a spec also includes 1) freshly dinged toons 2) unplayed toons 3) gathering / profession alts 4) bots, it's not just counting mains and taking averages from "casuals" and "hardcores".
    i think healers speca has some "loot buff" or some shit like that, i know 3 holy pally that always loot 910-920 shit, really hate them... on my resto druid 3/5 tier pieces are warforged and rings too...

think about it xD